Jake Milkshake

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Jake Milkshake

Post by robrulz5 »

He either gets rid of the ball too quickly or take too long to get rid of it. The out on the full against Richmond in the 1st quarter was an example of him taking too long, he had Ryder one out and waited too long allowing defenders to flood back and he ended up being indecisive and making a mistake.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Daisy Thomas was "a bit player" for the first 4-5 years look at him now
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Jazz_84 wrote:Daisy Thomas was "a bit player" for the first 4-5 years look at him now
He's back to being a bit player again?

That's the ton up after 6 years, yay me.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Thought he was pretty good against Brisbane and West Coast, but average game on the weekend. Don't see the point in dropping him unless he is in fact struggling physically. Better to get senior game time into him. Doubt that confidence is an issue. Just a young player who is still trying to get consistency into his game.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

danstar84 wrote:Thought he was pretty good against Brisbane and West Coast, but average game on the weekend. Don't see the point in dropping him unless he is in fact struggling physically. Better to get senior game time into him. Doubt that confidence is an issue. Just a young player who is still trying to get consistency into his game.
This. Hard at it - I love it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The Milkshake has turned into a Slurpie
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:The Milkshake has turned into a Slurpie
WTF does that mean :?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Didn't look interested tonight

He has talent but reckon he is trying to catch up with the size of his body ATM. Looks awkward as f*** in his own skin
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I think a lot of players "appeared to be" disinterested tonight but I also think that was more the style of the game than any individuals outlook.

Jake seems to be coming the the new whipping boy on BT at present and I don't think he deserves it.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's about par with every other player under 50 games under his belt. Has some good games, has some quiet ones, slowly developing etc, etc.

The 50 - 100 game period is where he requires more consistency.
Essendunny
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

His better games have been at Etihad. Probably needs a lot more work on core strength.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

swoodley wrote:I think a lot of players "appeared to be" disinterested tonight but I also think that was more the style of the game than any individuals outlook.

Jake seems to be coming the the new whipping boy on BT at present and I don't think he deserves it.

Thats what seems to happen when Slats isn't playing and Natrat is playing well.... :roll:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Umm, once a drink of great desire has become a cheapo beverage cum refresher availble at 7-11
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Umm, once a drink of great desire has become a cheapo beverage cum refresher availble at 7-11
f***...you really are turning into a grumpy old bastard
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Another sub-par performance last night for Melksham. Apart from the goal he snapped when the game was over you would hardly know he was out there. He was consistently beaten at the contest by bigger and stronger bodies which is a real concern considering we played GWS. Next to those blokes he looks underdeveloped, I think that's saying a lot.

In the next two weeks we should have Jetta, Hibberd, Heppell, Dyson, Myers and possibly Hardingham available. Surely if we don't get any more injuries he will be dropped for an extended run in the VFL. I think this will be good for him, as he isn't developing at the elite level. Not only is it the kick in the ass he needs he should be able to build a bit of confidence in the VFL and get back to basics.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

He looks a little like n old Massey Ferguson tractor at the moment Jake. Plows in but has gut the size, nor the speed to plow the fields in question
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Not a lot of possessions for Melksham again this week, but got a couple of goals and seemed to get quite a few I50s which was good.

Even ran really fast at one point.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He was handy last night, definitely think he's worth persevering with. If he can add regular goals to his contribution then it will really help his cause.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

If we can keep his output at the same level as last night he shouldn't come under any selection pressure until Zaharakis is back and ready to go.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BomberinJapan wrote:If we can keep his output at the same level as last night he shouldn't come under any selection pressure until Zaharakis is back and ready to go.
Agreed.... I don't think Jake has been that bad, comes off the bench most weeks, plays his role and even bobbed up woth a couple of ripper goals this week...