Worst on ground..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Worst on ground..

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:
swoodley wrote:I might get howled down here but I thought won of biggest culprits tonight was that old whipping boy Stants.

I lost count of the number of times he f***** up by not going hard enough.
well this is the first perspective we actually agree on about tonight! :lol:
he was horribly soft.
I agree. There was also one where I thought last year's booing f***** him up and he thought too hard about going in and missed the ball.

And he continues to play to the umpires too much (which he does even when playing well), rather than just worry about getting the ball. He always sticks his hands up whenever an opponent touches him ever so slightly without the ball and turns to look at the umpire with his hand up as soon as he lays a tackle.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

****** hell. Bagging the bloke that has been our best player this year. He had an average one last night, was tagged hard, and the conditions didn't suit.

Give it a rest.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:****** hell. Bagging the bloke that has been our best player this year. He had an average one last night, was tagged hard, and the conditions didn't suit.

Give it a rest.
I know it was only one bad game, just commenting on how bad he was last night.

Although his appealing to the umpires shits me every week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

NLM >>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>> universe then pears.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

watsongun wrote:NLM >>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>> universe then pears.
Yeah easy to heap blame on one player....... there is no I in team... :roll: :roll:
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Yeah easy to heap blame on one player....... there is no I in team... :roll: :roll:
EDIT: official warning for direct abuse to another user!
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Hurley, Crameri, Monfries, Jetta, Ryder.... these are blokes payed to kick goals. We won the inside 50's by 10 or 15, had the scoring oppertunities and missed a heap of easy set shots. These blokes might want to do an extra training session with a wet slippery ball in front of the sticks this week. Missing those goals is the reason we lost. Therefore in my mind they were the worst on the ground.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

watsongun wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Shut up bitch this c**** been useless since 2007 got no idea how he has survived under three coaches.
Hey, dont be a f****** arse wipe. Completely uncalled for and unacceptable. I hope you get a holiday.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

watsongun wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Shut up bitch this c**** been useless since 2007 got no idea how he has survived under three coaches.
LOL wow... someone has taken the angry pills.... :shock:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ZeroEffect wrote:Hurley, Crameri, Monfries, Jetta, Ryder.... these are blokes payed to kick goals. We won the inside 50's by 10 or 15, had the scoring oppertunities and missed a heap of easy set shots. These blokes might want to do an extra training session with a wet slippery ball in front of the sticks this week. Missing those goals is the reason we lost. Therefore in my mind they were the worst on the ground.
Ourt lack of skills in this area has almost cost us a few times... GC got on top of us once it got wet as well earlier this year. Playing at Etihad can be partly to blame for that...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Hey, dont be a f****** arse wipe. Completely uncalled for and unacceptable. I hope you get a holiday.
On this one Robert, we are in total agreement. Someone boot the guy.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He's not just insulting, he gets his facts wrong. NLM has been useless since 2004.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:Hurley, Crameri, Monfries, Jetta, Ryder.... these are blokes payed to kick goals. We won the inside 50's by 10 or 15, had the scoring oppertunities and missed a heap of easy set shots. These blokes might want to do an extra training session with a wet slippery ball in front of the sticks this week. Missing those goals is the reason we lost. Therefore in my mind they were the worst on the ground.
Can't argue with that.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote:
Can't argue with that.
Completely agree. These were the guys who created the situation the team found themselves in. It was terribly disappointing that the team couldn't then respond to the situation, but a large part of the responsibility definitely falls onto the shoulders of the guys who put us there.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
You stupid c***. Works the same in here as it does on the street, disrespect a woman and you're the one that cops a slap. Weak as piss. Better go back to playing with your dick, cos you're not welcome here.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thanks for the support boys!! Glad to know people have my back haha :)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Gimps wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
You stupid c***. Works the same in here as it does on the street, disrespect a woman and you're the one that cops a slap. Weak as piss. Better go back to playing with your dick, cos you're not welcome here.
Disagree Gimps - its not simply a gender thing ...

That extent of abuse is uncalled for to any one providing their opinions in here ... but ... There are two or three posters in here, who by virtue of their hard work over a long period of time, integrity and intelligence are simply off limits for any form of personal name calling, disrespect or slagging off ... an Ms M is one of these ... Debate her opiniions - sure. Disrespect her like that and you piss off all of us...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomber91
Top Up Player

Post by bomber91 »

Melksham for mine..

painfully slow, didn't use the ball the few times he had it... definitely the least productive out of all our mids

he was good against bris and wce but since then has been pretty average.. needs to regain confidence in the magoos
taxman
Top Up Player

Post by taxman »

I'm surprised that a lot of people thought Pears was the worst, I mean everyone was fairly shit except for Jobe. I honestly thought despite the general shitness of all, Pears did a few things good things and at least a couple of times looked much more confident than he has so far this year. I am surprised that Dempsey isn't copping a lot (in this thread), he got plenty of the ball and made a mess of it many times. The only reason I am reluctant to name him worst on is due to the fact that he actually looked like he was trying to do something.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

taxman wrote:I'm surprised that a lot of people thought Pears was the worst, I mean everyone was fairly shit except for Jobe. I honestly thought despite the general shitness of all, Pears did a few things good things and at least a couple of times looked much more confident than he has so far this year. I am surprised that Dempsey isn't copping a lot (in this thread), he got plenty of the ball and made a mess of it many times. The only reason I am reluctant to name him worst on is due to the fact that he actually looked like he was trying to do something.
Our family has invoked the NLM rule if he plays we don't go.