Worst on ground..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Worst on ground..

Post by Gimps »

watsongun wrote:
taxman wrote:I'm surprised that a lot of people thought Pears was the worst, I mean everyone was fairly shit except for Jobe. I honestly thought despite the general shitness of all, Pears did a few things good things and at least a couple of times looked much more confident than he has so far this year. I am surprised that Dempsey isn't copping a lot (in this thread), he got plenty of the ball and made a mess of it many times. The only reason I am reluctant to name him worst on is due to the fact that he actually looked like he was trying to do something.
Our family has invoked the NLM rule if he plays we don't go.
That's good. One less farkwit in the crowd.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Gimps wrote:
watsongun wrote:
taxman wrote:I'm surprised that a lot of people thought Pears was the worst, I mean everyone was fairly shit except for Jobe. I honestly thought despite the general shitness of all, Pears did a few things good things and at least a couple of times looked much more confident than he has so far this year. I am surprised that Dempsey isn't copping a lot (in this thread), he got plenty of the ball and made a mess of it many times. The only reason I am reluctant to name him worst on is due to the fact that he actually looked like he was trying to do something.
Correction knowlege football supporter who can see what players don't or do have the talent to play afl.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

watsongun wrote:
Gimps wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Correction knowlege football supporter who can see what players don't or do have the talent to play afl.
Even "IF" this was true. Doesn't cancel out the fact that you are a farkwit, bitch.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

NLM has a great burst of pace and body strength.

He butchers the ball a bit, which is why I think a lot of people simply think he is a bit average.

But...IMO he is the perfect sub. I can't think of many players that could fill a hole like he can....if he is the sub and one of our guys goes down, great option to be able to bring in mid game. His burst of pace and line breaking abilities are pretty handy.

Of course its pretty harsh for a footballer to have a permanent role as "the sub". He would know his weaknesses, and I reckon Hird and Co would be making sure he continually works on them.

Nowhere near worst on ground, and I find it hilarious that a guy here doesnt go to the footy simply because he is playing.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Nearly saved/won us the game in the last Pears.

Should keep playing unless Hooker is right....Thats Pears problem. We already have three good tall defenders ahead of him at the moment.(Hooker, Fletch and Carlisle). And another smaller defender who is great in the air(Hardingham).

Long term he would know he has Fletch's spot post retirement...but that would be frustrating. Needs to prove himself a better option than Carlisle in the meantime.

Geez our backline is looking good. If only the forwards would start slotting them with a bit more ease we would seriously be scaring a few more sides.

Hope we really hit our straps this season and give it a shake.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

watsongun wrote:
Interesting rule that....what would you and the family do if you had tickets for the Grand Final, Essendon were playing and favourites to win.....and Nat Rat was named in the team?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Interesting rule that....what would you and the family do if you had tickets for the Grand Final, Essendon were playing and favourites to win.....and Nat Rat was named in the team?
He probably lives in Mt Martha, next door to Filthy.. They are very selective of their time visiting the plebs in the big smoke.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ok ok Ive given him a warning, no more abuse please, I have to be fair to everyone, I know it's a little different guys talking to guys but that'll do move on
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Gimps wrote:
swoodley wrote:
watsongun wrote:
He probably lives in Mt Martha, next door to Filthy.. They are very selective of their time visiting the plebs in the big smoke.
We won't make a grand final with him in the side.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

watsongun wrote:
Gimps wrote:
swoodley wrote:
watsongun wrote:
We won't make a grand final with him in the side.
You didn't answer my question
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

We won't make a grand final with him in the side.[/quote]

You're obviously blind, dumb, deaf or retarded. Possibly all of the above. An Essendon team won't make a grand final with NLM in the side it's clear and simple.
You didn't answer my question[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

What about if he was the sub in the prelim and didn't get a run?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

watsongun wrote:
Gimps wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Well let's see whose opinion do I take more note of the "knowledgable football supporter who can see what players don't or do have the talent to play afl."

Or a Premiership captain, another premiership captain who also played in a further two time premiership teams and is also a two time AFL premiership coach, another premiership player, another 2 time premiership player, another 2 time premiership player and former club captain, and another bloke who would've been a premiership player if he hadn't busted his foot earlier in the finals series.

And that is just the current coaching panel.

You then also have another 3 time Premiership player and 4 time Premiership coach who rated him good enough to not only be rookie listed, but then to also be upgraded to the senior list, and then also be given regular senior AFL games.

It's an extremely difficult decision but I think I'm going to have to side with the multitudes of blokes who have either played in or coached (or have done both) premiership teams over the knowledgable football fan as to who might be better placed to tell if someone is up to AFL standard or not.

Frankly, NLM is probably in the last handful of players picked each week, and he does butcher the ball on occasions but there is obviously something about him that not only our current coaching panel likes in him, but also our previous coaching panels also like in him. Otherwise he wouldn't still be on our list, let alone getting senior AFL games.

Also to say that we won't win a premiership with NLM in the team is ridiculous. What happens if we make a grand final and we have a repeat of the other night where Crameri, Hurley and Ryder combined for a total of 0.10 and we lost by 6 points, would such a loss be down to NLM?

What about Jake Melksham, his effort against Nathan Jones that lead to Jones goaling was f****** pathetic, can we write ourselves off as a legitimate Premiership contender while Melksham is getting games?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Well said Ealesy..
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

watsongun wrote:We won't make a grand final with him in the side.

You're obviously blind, dumb, deaf or retarded. Possibly all of the above. An Essendon team won't make a grand final with NLM in the side it's clear and simple.
You didn't answer my question[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Gee, you're a very classy individual aren't you?

I ask a reasonable question which you didn't answer so I pointed that out and you come back with a mouthful of insults. [-X

If that's the best you can do, then I respectfully suggest that you crawl back into whatever hole it was you came out of until you can add something useful to the discussions around here.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think Essendon4Eva has returned :-k
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I said Pears in my initial post in this thread and last night I saw a clip on Footy Crappified that reminded me why - in the goal square, one on one against Garland, 8 minutes to go, we are 5 points down. The flight of the ball favors him but he (Pears) gets brushed aside like a fairy in the wind. Pathetic effort - no desperation whatsoever. Didn't look close to being a future KPP for us.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

ealesy wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Gimps wrote:
watsongun wrote:
Well let's see whose opinion do I take more note of the "knowledgable football supporter who can see what players don't or do have the talent to play afl."

Or a Premiership captain, another premiership captain who also played in a further two time premiership teams and is also a two time AFL premiership coach, another premiership player, another 2 time premiership player, another 2 time premiership player and former club captain, and another bloke who would've been a premiership player if he hadn't busted his foot earlier in the finals series.

And that is just the current coaching panel.

You then also have another 3 time Premiership player and 4 time Premiership coach who rated him good enough to not only be rookie listed, but then to also be upgraded to the senior list, and then also be given regular senior AFL games.

It's an extremely difficult decision but I think I'm going to have to side with the multitudes of blokes who have either played in or coached (or have done both) premiership teams over the knowledgable football fan as to who might be better placed to tell if someone is up to AFL standard or not.

Frankly, NLM is probably in the last handful of players picked each week, and he does butcher the ball on occasions but there is obviously something about him that not only our current coaching panel likes in him, but also our previous coaching panels also like in him. Otherwise he wouldn't still be on our list, let alone getting senior AFL games.

Also to say that we won't win a premiership with NLM in the team is ridiculous. What happens if we make a grand final and we have a repeat of the other night where Crameri, Hurley and Ryder combined for a total of 0.10 and we lost by 6 points, would such a loss be down to NLM?

What about Jake Melksham, his effort against Nathan Jones that lead to Jones goaling was f****** pathetic, can we write ourselves off as a legitimate Premiership contender while Melksham is getting games?
Still has me stuffed how he got rookie listed.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Ealesy- if you check out that Jones goal you refer to - it was NLM in complete collaboration with Melksham that f***** things up royally.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

In the Sun they were talking about free agency and who might be affected.... Good news all you Natrat haters... they reckon he will be getting a new contract!!!!! vingertje vingertje