Team v Sydney

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Team v Sydney

Post by Gyoza »

watsongun wrote:Thank christ no Lovett spastic
I don't think I personally contribute much to this place. You're one person who brings significantly less to the table.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Myers in the backline is going to be horrible to watch. He always gets his positioning wrong and gets toweled up the the opposition.

Good to see Heppell and Hooker back.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

BomberinJapan wrote:
I don't think I personally contribute much to this place. You're one person who brings significantly less to the table.
if i was you i would advise you stay in japan c***.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

watsongun wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
Hahaha...let the banning begin.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

watsongun wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
I'll step up any time you like you ****** inbred uneducated piece of shit..
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

reimers is way better than Myers. Not Myers fault he's not up to it. But Hirdy playing favorites pisses me off. Reimers has def pissed someone off. HE will be playing somewhere else next season. Hope he does well and makes Hird and Co. regret not giving him a chance. Give me Reimers over Melksham any day of the week or Myers or NLM. All of whom get regular games when fit. Id rather Reimers than Monfries too.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Strange selection of Myers. Must be coming in as the sub. Reimers had a much better game than Myers in the VFL.

Melksham fairly luckily, but would rather persist with him as a young player than have a NLM, Mcveigh etc in the team.

Strong squad. Besides Hibberd, probably in for Myers, I think that is our best 22 based on form.

Would normaly like Pears in there, but he has been pretty average. Really hope he can get back to the form of a couple of years back.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I like myers. however i also think colyer is super stiff to make way for him. Its going to be a tough game. Swans match up well.
'51 Bewick

Post by '51 Bewick »

Don't know whether some people here have short memories, or just have the blinkers on.
Reimers was dropped for poor showings on numerous occassions in the seniors, whereas Myers had reasonable form prior to being injured. Reimers will need to keep performing in the Magoos, and grab his opportunity by the scruff when it comes as it may be his last chance.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Happy with selections.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Considering how poor we were around the contested ball last week I think myers isn't too bad an inclusion. The coaches obviously rate him, and he is incredibly strong through the core which is criteria number one for bomber Thompson. Also has a fantastic long kick which we have been missing over the last few weeks, especially when fletch hasn't been around.

Down back Myers normally struggles in his first few games back, but if he is been brought in to play in the midfield then I'm happy with the selection. Let Reimers smash the door down to get back in. One thing I would like to see if Reimers does eventually get back in is him playing in the positions (midfield, half back flank) that he has been playing well in the vfl. I can't comment too much as apart from last weekend I haven't seen bendigo play this season, so would need to ask Saladin or someone, but it is frustrating seeing him dominate in midfield then come into the afl team and play as a small forward.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sartorius wrote:Considering how poor we were around the contested ball last week I think myers isn't too bad an inclusion. The coaches obviously rate him, and he is incredibly strong through the core which is criteria number one for bomber Thompson. Also has a fantastic long kick which we have been missing over the last few weeks, especially when fletch hasn't been around.

Down back Myers normally struggles in his first few games back, but if he is been brought in to play in the midfield then I'm happy with the selection. Let Reimers smash the door down to get back in. One thing I would like to see if Reimers does eventually get back in is him playing in the positions (midfield, half back flank) that he has been playing well in the vfl. I can't comment too much as apart from last weekend I haven't seen bendigo play this season, so would need to ask Saladin or someone, but it is frustrating seeing him dominate in midfield then come into the afl team and play as a small forward.
He's too bloody slow for the midfield. A Whipper Snipper has a bigger tank.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

BomberinJapan wrote:
watsongun wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
Yup, Watsongun, no idea who he is or what his issue is with most people, but he's going on a holiday.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Does anyone know if all tickets are sold out? I am trying to buy tickets at the moment via AFL Members Essendon Club Support but keep getting the same message....
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

You're right, there is no Lovett. We traded him to St Kilda a few seasons back, a move which I think you'll agree turned out pretty well for us.
Anything else to add? :roll:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gossy7 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
watsongun wrote:if i was you i would advise you stay in japan c***.
Yup, Watsongun, no idea who he is or what his issue is with most people, but he's going on a holiday.
Good move...he's just a useless f****** troll
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

chances are that was his aim all along, oh well bye bye
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:chances are that was his aim all along, oh well bye bye
Essendon4Eva? Bluey?
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Gee your a wanker Gimps!

Couple of weeks ago we had people worried BT was dying and we needed fresh blood etc - along comes a nice young bloke posting and creating disucssion and you go and lambaste the shit out of him and make him get so upset he starts calling people names and then gets banned - make up you f****** mind what you want you will ya! [-X [-X

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sartorius wrote:Considering how poor we were around the contested ball last week I think myers isn't too bad an inclusion. The coaches obviously rate him, and he is incredibly strong through the core which is criteria number one for bomber Thompson. Also has a fantastic long kick which we have been missing over the last few weeks, especially when fletch hasn't been around.
The problem is that he doesn't play in the midfield much or at all and when he gets it he just goes with that long kick without having a look first.

Colyer out over Melksham is probably a little unlucky, and I'd have Reimers in ahead of Myers, but happy overall.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.