Bellchambers OUT - Hille IN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Re: Bellchambers OUT - Hille IN

Post by Gossy7 »

robbie67 wrote:I admit, Dempsey has some redeeming qualities, but if you are talking about blokes that butcher it under pressure, he is right up there. He has never been a good decision maker, and lacks poise when needed. It's easy to be sucked in by his great bursts of pace, and free wheeling game when things are going his way, but I would not want to go to war with him.
Understand where you're coming from but disagree.

I think he's a very good decision maker. He knows where and when to run into space and he knows when to use that 'great burst of pace' that you speak about. My only knock is when he turns back into traffic. His kicking skills are pretty decent, I think you are being a bit harsh in the wake of a loss.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Nope, thought this about him his whole career. Which to me, considering the talent he has, has been a major dissapointment so far. He really does make some shocking choices in games.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

We're way off track here re Hille Vs Bellchambers, but what the heck, I'll take it a step further than Dempsey....
How pathetic was Hooker's decision making in the last quarter?
Panic stations big-time.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Hardingham has a few shockers each game as well. Gave them the easiest of goals because he tried a short kick off one step. Also prone to misreading the flight of the ball.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

I am a fan of TBell as a long term prospect but he has had a couple of below par games in a row now. If Hille isn't match fit, they should consider running with Ryder as the sole ruckman. He played out of his skin in the last quarter and a half and was one of the key reasons we got back into a challenging position. He seems to relish the responsibility when told he must step up.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Brumaz wrote:I am a fan of TBell as a long term prospect but he has had a couple of below par games in a row now. If Hille isn't match fit, they should consider running with Ryder as the sole ruckman. He played out of his skin in the last quarter and a half and was one of the key reasons we got back into a challenging position. He seems to relish the responsibility when told he must step up.
Too bad he doesn't step up often enough when we need him as a forward.
But yeah, he's been good a few times as "last resort" ruckman, but I don't think he can operate as the full time ruckman. Probably needs a bigger tank to be able to get to both ends of the ground when needed, and just isn't big enough to take those "saving" grabs in packs on the last line etc
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

The big grabs are where Hille excels- way above what TBell is capable of at the moment. Hilles tapwork might not be elite but his work around the ground is usually very very good
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Yep, Hille presents well, especially forward, and is capable of standing tall on the last line - things Paddy lacks in, in my opinion.
That's from a point of view that I'm dubious about the value of a "tap" ruckman - the number of times in a match that it makes a difference is negligible overall. If you have a capable midfield they'll win the ball no matter who gets the tap. For example Watson just simply gets the ball no matter who taps it or where it goes. He's brilliant.
Back on track...so we need someone like Hille. But his days are becoming numbered, and TB is the best prospect we have of becoming Hille-like, so I reckon we have to perservere with him
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

No point arguing with Robbie the guru - he will always win..

The shit truck of BT..
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Western Red wrote:No point arguing with Robbie the guru - he will always win..

The shit truck of BT..
Thankyou Mr Hero Worship. I bet you scream like a little girl when you see someone famous in the street.

I must admit, it is hard to be humble when dealing with someone of your mental capacity.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Western Red wrote:No point arguing with Robbie the guru - he will always win..

The shit truck of BT..
Ha ha.

Must hurt you Robbie, being labelled the same way that Mitch Robinson is.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Yeah, I am shattered by the opinion of Nacho Libre.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Dont think TB will be dropped for the Freo game... Hille isnt fit and the media is still talking up the Ryder/TB ruck combo we currently have... Channel 7 people reckoned they are second behind or even equal to Cox/Naitanui at the moment as far as effective taps goes...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Now i know your a total f*** knuckle. i take it by your username that you were prob born in 1967. Age hasn't taught you anything either.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Gimps wrote:
robbie67 wrote:I'd be more worried about your man Ovens and Murray. They got their third goal form another one of his school boys errors, and he is just a turnover machine.
Has still played a better game than 10 of his mates.
Disposal efficiency of 47%, second worst on the ground out of 44 players (Bellchambers was the worst).

Does a lot of good work for his community, though.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote:Now i know your a total f*** knuckle. i take it by your username that you were prob born in 1967. Age hasn't taught you anything either.
What are you talking about trolley boy? What has gotten under your wheel this time?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Oh I know what it is. You thought that bloke who had 3 forward entries in 10 minutes last week should be praised. Well you would be right.......but the problem of course was that he thought his best option was passing above the head of Alwyn Davey in a contested situation. Not once, not twice, but yes three times. But I wouldnt expect somebody as pitifully retarded as you to be able to grasp that.

Good on you moron. I'm sure you will be happy with us being 5th to 10th for another decade.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I thought NLM's goal in the last quarter was sublime. Presented for the handball perfectly, broke one tackle, then another (with brute force), sprinted towards goal, steadied, and slotted it through nicely.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Gimps wrote:I thought NLM's goal in the last quarter was sublime. Presented for the handball perfectly, broke one tackle, then another (with brute force), sprinted towards goal, steadied, and slotted it through nicely.
He is so dangerous as a forward he should play down that end instead of down back... that way his errors won't be so costly and everyone will get off his back for once!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Haha, if only he had done it 6 times. Then he would have only been half the liability he was. I was waiting for someone to bring up his one good effort of the game up. Gives all the blind people something to hang their hat on.