Bendigo vs Box Hill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Bendigo vs Box Hill

Post by F111 »

Gumbleton often had two on him, especially in the air. He crunched a few packs and looked like an ominous target without doing too much damage himself.
[attachment=0]IMG_5664.JPG[/attachment]

Reimers looked ready, but Hibberd much more so. Reimers is much more solid than 2011 and I thought he looked a little slow, but he seemed to find space and was very strong at the contest.

If Bellchambers is sore, Hille would do ok. Remember that Sandilands is out.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

F111 wrote:

Reimers looked ready, but Hibberd much more so. Reimers is much more solid than 2011 and I thought he looked a little slow, but he seemed to find space and was very strong at the contest.

Thanks mate, good to hear. No doubt Hibberd will be straight back in now, hopefully Reimers is too.

I feel bellchambers would have been more competitive than Hille against sandliands but with him out I think it would be important to factor in who covers ground better to exert more influencon around the ground on a big oval such as subiaco. In the past it certainly would have been Hille, but he has been slowing up in recent years. Also depends on how well bellchambers pulled up from the break.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Sartorius wrote:
F111 wrote:

Thanks mate, good to hear. No doubt Hibberd will be straight back in now, hopefully Reimers is too.

I feel bellchambers would have been more competitive than Hille against sandliands but with him out I think it would be important to factor in who covers ground better to exert more influencon around the ground on a big oval such as subiaco. In the past it certainly would have been Hille, but he has been slowing up in recent years. Also depends on how well bellchambers pulled up from the break.
HIbberd is the only certainty for next week. Although Colyer only had a serviceable game I have the feeling they will bring him in because of Subi. Hille was really good and out sized and out muscled his opponents, didn't do that much running though. Might need another week.

Before the game I thought either Reimers or Dell'Olio would be playing off for Daveys spot, Reimers was much better but didn't dominate so who knows.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hibberd was great, also liked Lee, although on the day he was just "number 41". :oops:

In the second quarter we were on the fence on the wing opposite the stand and Hille took a great one-handed mark right in front of us when the ball was at or near it's wettest. He was very good. FWIW on TB, I expect if he was sore last week he'd be fine with a week off.

Reimers got a taste of his own medicine in that quarter too - Browne was running along that wing with Reimers open 15 or 20m ahead (and yelling for it) but Browne decided to keep it himself, but the kick into the forward line went pretty much straight to Hawthorn. Reimers looked like he would kill someone as he went to the next contest.

Gumby was pretty quiet on a tough day for tall forwards and often got double-teamed and I think his man was a Hawthorn player coming back from injury (?). Still looked good when he got near it though. Got his knee strapped up at 3/4 time and started the last quarter on the bench, but came back on and looked to be moving fine.

I thought the lights should have come on in the last quarter. Even though they were only training lights, it was pretty f***** dark in the last quarter.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also, we turned up a bit late because there was more traffic than I expected (and we left a little later than we should have) but then we pretty much had to drive home to get a park.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.