Will Minson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Will Minson

Post by ealesy »

In deep shit for alleged comments of a sexual nature made to Danyle Pearce about his mother in the game yesterday evening.

Minson admits making inappropriate comments of a sexual nature but denies the allegations from Pearce that the comments were of a forced sexual nature (ie rape).

Ever since the Des Headland/Adam Selwood incident a few years ago the AFL has taken a dim view on these kind of incidents, with the Eagles Patrick McGinnity being suspended for a week last year for making similar comments to Ricky Pettard about his mother.

Minson also has form after making some very questionable comments to Kane Cornes about his seriously ill son back in 2008.

Hutchy went as far as suggesting he should be facing a suspension of 4-6 weeks on Footy Classified.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: Will Minson

Post by ealesy »

Wrong section, feel free to move mods (if you have the power to do that)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Children and disabled relatives aside, everything else should be fair game
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

How so.

When the AFL is targeting diving because they feel it has the potential to cause melees, surely this kind of stuff has far more likelihood to start melees.

In fact Port players where having running battles with Minson throughout the remainder of the last quarter.

You had no problem with Brett Montgomery sledging Rama about his cancer, what about if someone had a crack at Jason McCartney over being caught up in the Bali bombings, or someone sledged Melbourne players about Troy Broadbridge's death in the tsunami?

I also assume you did not mean to leave race of you list of unacceptable on field banter topics?
Last edited by ealesy on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote:Children and disabled relatives aside, everything else should be fair game
Windy, what the hell are you on...aside from children and disabled rello's, there is absolutely no room for anything to do with rape or racism...it is one thing to try to put a guy off his game, but there are boundaries...the most I ever did was point and wolf whistle at some invisible lass as someone was having a shot at goal...
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Crazyman wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:...the most I ever did was point and wolf whistle at some invisible lass as someone was having a shot at goal...
Alas ... invisible lasses are all I have ... but I tend to applaud the AFL's stance on this ... especially when you get "your mother sux..." type sledges from kids as young as 9 in junior footy (good old Cragieburn E grade ... thankfully our U10 kids had no idea just what was being said ... )
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

whatever happened to "chewy on your boot" :?:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Children and disabled relatives aside, everything else should be fair game
Oh Windy, you really should think before you type..
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Whatever was said it was obvious by the look on Pearce's face that he didn't take too kindly to it. An example should be made of Minson to deter players from similar kinds of sledging.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

robrulz5 wrote:Whatever was said it was obvious by the look on Pearce's face that he didn't take too kindly to it. An example should be made of Minson to deter players from similar kinds of sledging.
Minson is a serial offender and should be suspended for at least a week. The match review panel takes a hard stance on old fashion biffo and racism, this should be no exception. The AFL leads the way in cleaning up Australian sports, for this Demetriou and Anderson should be commended.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He is alleged to have said "I F#$ed your mother for half and hour last night"

Lucky they didn't suspend M.Voss when he said to a Saints player when he was lining up for goal one night that My Dad slept with your Mum last night. (Saints player was B.Voss.)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:How so.

When the AFL is targeting diving because they feel it has the potential to cause melees, surely this kind of stuff has far more likelihood to start melees.

In fact Port players where having running battles with Minson throughout the remainder of the last quarter.

You had no problem with Brett Montgomery sledging Rama about his cancer, what about if someone had a crack at Jason McCartney over being caught up in the Bali bombings, or someone sledged Melbourne players about Troy Broadbridge's death in the tsunami?

I also assume you did not mean to leave race of you list of unacceptable on field banter topics?
Apologies, I just assumed we had all moved on in regards to the racism issue but yes of course, racism is absolutley unnaceptable. The only time I got into a full scale barney at the football was defending of all people Chris Lewis in a game where some Essendon nong was calling him a black c*** everytime he went near the ball and yet was cheering on Michael Long!!!

Lets not get too precious here people. I am simply stating that to ban players because they mouth off about sleeping with someones mother is plainly ridiculous and yes, if it throws the opponent off for the rest of the game, brilliant. Let me make this clear, I am not condoning comments aimed at disabilities (and that includes someone being sick or burned!!!) or comments regarding children or race. Sexism? So are you telling me I cant yell out to Buddy Franklin that he kicks like a girl!!!???

I apologise to all the good people of Bombertalk for not being more specific.
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:

Oh FFS, here comes the world's most politically correct football supporter.....dont make me laugh Gimper
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Does anyone remember when Mark Johnson said to the Swans player "Get up you f-ing dog" and got free kicked.

I wish they'd confine their mental intimidation tactics to the game, aspects of play and playing ability. In this respect calling one a 'weak $!% (whatever)" should be acceptable.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

MH_Bomber wrote:Does anyone remember when Mark Johnson said to the Swans player "Get up you f-ing dog" and got free kicked.

I wish they'd confine their mental intimidation tactics to the game, aspects of play and playing ability. In this respect calling one a 'weak $!% (whatever)" should be acceptable.
No ... he said "Get up you weak dog" to Buchanan who was saging for a free ... Umpire Ellis not only gave Buchanan the free but a 50 m as well (the Ump was miked up and misheard what was said despite the rest of the country hearing it clearly) ... a black day for umpiring (almost on par with the Ump who marked the ball)...

Now if MJ had have said F*ing dog - could have copped it
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Dogs have suspended him for 1 week, I think it should have been 2 but oh well
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Oh FFS, here comes the world's most politically correct football supporter.....dont make me laugh Gimper
At least I don't condone rape and racism :wink:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And they claim Minson is really smart. :roll:
Repeat offender and it's not as if you need to say anything to put Pearce off his game.

FWIW I don't think just saying "I f***** your mum" or something similar should be punishable. If someone said it to me I'd just laugh or ignore it.
"Raped" would be different.
ealesy wrote:When the AFL is targeting diving because they feel it has the potential to cause melees, surely this kind of stuff has far more likelihood to start melees.
I thought they target staging because it's cheating and could con the umpires.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:

At least I don't condone rape and racism :wink:
Says the guy wearing a gimp mask..... :?:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:Does anyone remember when Mark Johnson said to the Swans player "Get up you f-ing dog" and got free kicked.

No ... he said "Get up you weak dog" to Buchanan who was saging for a free ... Umpire Ellis not only gave Buchanan the free but a 50 m as well (the Ump was miked up and misheard what was said despite the rest of the country hearing it clearly) ... a black day for umpiring (almost on par with the Ump who marked the ball)...

Now if MJ had have said F*ing dog - could have copped it
That was a pathetic response from the umpire. I broke my remote when that happened. That is over officiating bullshit in my book - even if he dropped the F bomb in there!
Essendunny