would we win without Jobe?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

would we win without Jobe?

Post by little_ripper »

I don't think we would. In fact if he had been out all year injured I doubt we'd be top 8. let alone top 4.

It's Why we won't win the flag this year. Watto is more important to us than Judd to Carlton., Selwood to geelong etc. I think we are way to reliant on one player.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: would we win without Jobe?

Post by robrulz5 »

Yeah that win against Geelong last year who went onto win the flag was all Jobe. :roll:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

not so sure i agree, he is a great player but everyone has this player, Hocking would be released and maybe Davis brought in to tag, who knows how the team would look but we have plenty of ball winners to step up
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I hope you are touching a whole lotta wood
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Last year.. perhaps we wouldn't have won without Jobe (we struggled in the middle part of the season when he was out with his hammy), but I also think that we would still do ok without him this season. Stants has taken the next step, Howlett is a clearance gun, Hocking is still capable of winning the ball.... We are not a one player club...
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I'm sure we'd win less often, but it's hardly something to worry about.

We can't spend years bemoaning the fact that we have no A grade players and then freak out and say that we can't win without Jobe the minute he starts playing like one.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BomberinJapan wrote:I'm sure we'd win less often, but it's hardly something to worry about.

We can't spend years bemoaning the fact that we have no A grade players and then freak out and say that we can't win without Jobe the minute he starts playing like one.
Haha....well said!
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BomberinJapan wrote:I'm sure we'd win less often, but it's hardly something to worry about.

Plenty of douchebags scratching their heads reading this.

=D>
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Last year.. perhaps we wouldn't have won without Jobe (we struggled in the middle part of the season when he was out with his hammy), but I also think that we would still do ok without him this season. Stants has taken the next step, Howlett is a clearance gun, Hocking is still capable of winning the ball.... We are not a one player club...
Add Myer's development in the midfield to that list as well
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Myers has played the last 1.5 games in the midfield. What about the other 10.5 games?

Wait until he has done it consistently over a good 5-6 weeks before getting too excited.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Look how different Carlton have been without Murphy... and they still have Judd. It's like the bad old days of Carlton (isn't it great). If Watson was injured we wouldn't be playing finals this year. Leaving Hocking and Howlett as our only pure inside mids might work for a few weeks but against the really good teams we wouldn't be competitive. The bloke is an absolute gun and we can't afford to have him out of our side.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Which team isn't worse off without their best player?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:Look how different Carlton have been without Murphy... and they still have Judd. It's like the bad old days of Carlton (isn't it great). If Watson was injured we wouldn't be playing finals this year. Leaving Hocking and Howlett as our only pure inside mids might work for a few weeks but against the really good teams we wouldn't be competitive. The bloke is an absolute gun and we can't afford to have him out of our side.

They were shite with Murphy.

A lack of Balance in team structures is what kills a side's output. Look what happens when you throw an extra ruckman into the mix, everything seems to go haywire!!!

A football team needs a balance of tall and short players, inside and out, contestors and receivers. Clearly the better quality of player in each position, the stronger the team. In Carlton's case, they just dont have the right balance accross the board and sure, losin Murphy and Waite has hurt - but even when those guys were playing you always sensed they were missing a couple of KPP's in defence and attack
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gimps wrote:Myers has played the last 1.5 games in the midfield. What about the other 10.5 games?

Wait until he has done it consistently over a good 5-6 weeks before getting too excited.
Gee Gimpa...it's a good thing you're not a fish....you just can't help yourself when Myers gets mentioned :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
Gimps wrote:Myers has played the last 1.5 games in the midfield. What about the other 10.5 games?

Gee Gimpa...it's a good thing you're not a fish....you just can't help yourself when Myers gets mentioned :lol:
2.5 good games now Gimpa which is about 2.49 games better than NLM
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

He did f*** all tonight you peanuts. Give me a ****** spell.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Gimps wrote:He did f*** all tonight you peanuts. Give me a ****** spell.
Myers wasn't our worst out there tonight but yeah i wouldn't say he had a huge influence on the game...
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Myers wasn't our worst out there tonight but yeah i wouldn't say he had a huge influence on the game...
Wasn't the worst, but compared to the beat he was Here De Angels staring at Black Caviar's arse 15 lengths away.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sorry I thought this was a like for like comparison with NLM
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Sorry I thought this was a like for like comparison with NLM
Based on game time, NLM was a Brownlow medallist compared Myers..