Heath Hocking

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Heath Hocking

Post by bomberdonnie »

Is this guy completely loose or what?

Has a shocking record and goes out and cleans up lovable lenny a mile off the play

Some saying he could be graded as high as 5 weeks. This type of stuff really makes me question his spot in the leadership group!!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Heath Hocking

Post by Jazz_84 »

anyone got the vision?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

If Hocking got 5 weeks for that, Wellingham will miss the rest of the year!

2 weeks I'd say. Bad record will hurt him. Positive is that Hayes played the rest of the game without issue, and bumped Howlett just before the incident. Whether or not that will make a difference, who knows.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I didn't even think he got him high, but I have only seen it once. It was just that Hayes wasn't expecting it.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Carry over points plus a 50% loading will kill him

Is going to show how f***** the system is though when Wellingham will probably get the same
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lenny Hayes must have f*** all core strength. Budda barely touched the guy and he went down like a sack of shit. I actually felt that Hocking didn't really mean to run in to him but rather met him shoulder to shoulder as Hayes just bounced off Howlett a fraction earlier

Grab a copy of the Zapruder Film and you will see what I mean
npskinner
Top Up Player

Post by npskinner »

He deserves what he gets. Bad record + stupid off the ball hit.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lenny Hayes must have f*** all core strength. Budda barely touched the guy and he went down like a sack of shit. I actually felt that Hocking didn't really mean to run in to him but rather met him shoulder to shoulder as Hayes just bounced off Howlett a fraction earlier

If it was Leroy Jetta who was hit, he would get cited for acting / staging...
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

npskinner wrote:He deserves what he gets. Bad record + stupid off the ball hit.
No, that's not how it happened. But with your case closed attitude you should get a gig at the MRP.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lenny Hayes must have f*** all core strength. Budda barely touched the guy and he went down like a sack of shit. I actually felt that Hocking didn't really mean to run in to him but rather met him shoulder to shoulder as Hayes just bounced off Howlett a fraction earlier

I kind of see your point. I actually think HH was trying to bump him shoulder to shoulder but the contact to Howlett knocked him of balance and opened him up.

Still f****** dumb
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote: Grab a copy of the Zapruder Film and you will see what I mean
Yes, but frames 209-211 are missing. This is the moment of impact where they suspect a 2nd bump was the cause of Lenny Hayes hitting the deck....
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
Yes, but frames 209-211 are missing. This is the moment of impact where they suspect a 2nd bump was the cause of Lenny Hayes hitting the deck....
Ah yes, in frame 176-184 you can hear a loud shout from the hot dog stand just above section 12 at Etihad Stadium. This caused Hayes to momentarily look towards the noise and lose his balance. I don't think Hocking was acting alone. I think he's a patsy!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Ah yes, in frame 176-184 you can hear a loud shout from the hot dog stand just above section 12 at Etihad Stadium. This caused Hayes to momentarily look towards the noise and lose his balance. I don't think Hocking was acting alone. I think he's a patsy!!
Yes, the loud shout from the hotdog stand conspiracy theory can be verified by the startled reaction by the seagulls in the foreground of frame 185 as they take flight in a frenzied fashion.
Essendunny
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Been offered two weeks for his strike on Hayes. Was impacted because of a poor record.

In other news Wellingham gets 3 weeks for his hit! The MRP are an absolute joke!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Not neccesarrily.

Wellingham got 5 weeks that can be reduced to 3. (25% discount for early plea and he could possibly also have a further reduction due to having a goood record, ie not suspended for 5 years, don't know what his record is like.)

Hocking on the other hand already had 81.something carry over points, and also would have received a further loading for having a bad record (suspended twice last year). He probably would've only copped a reprimand if it wasn't for his bad record and carry over points.

So while I agree the MRP is a joke, you can't make that claim based on result of 3 weeks out for Wellingham and 2 weeks for Hocking.

Be interested to see how Jimmy Bartel only got two weeks for elbowing a bloke in the face some 100m off the ball.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I said at the time I saw it that I thought Wellingham's was just reckless. Buddha did the same thing last year up in Brisbane. Deserves what he got. When will he learn? It's funny because he doesn't come across off field as an "angry" person...just needs to channel his aggression better.
npskinner
Top Up Player

Post by npskinner »

Windy_Hill wrote:
npskinner wrote:He deserves what he gets. Bad record + stupid off the ball hit.
No, that's not how it happened. But with your case closed attitude you should get a gig at the MRP.
Call it how I see it... I don't agree with the MRP but I know (as we all do) how they operate. Hit a man not in the play in addition to having a bad record and you can expect to be outed. The real issue is Hocking letting his teammates and the supporters down not the MRP. We all know their idiots - but as players it is stupid to engage in rough conduct when the ball is not around.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

JP_12 wrote:I said at the time I saw it that I thought Wellingham's was just reckless. Buddha did the same thing last year up in Brisbane. Deserves what he got. When will he learn? It's funny because he doesn't come across off field as an "angry" person...just needs to channel his aggression better.
Yep, he's certainly an idiot on the field.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

JP_12 wrote:I said at the time I saw it that I thought Wellingham's was just reckless. Buddha did the same thing last year up in Brisbane.
Not quite the same thing. This was a hip and shoulder, albeit behind the ball. He got him high, Hayes went down. Last year didn't he run past with his elbow ala Bartel? If you're going to do it, don't get 'em high.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Wellingham only getting 3 weeks is a joke. It shouldn't of gone to the MRP and gone straight to the tribunal. He almost murdered the bloke. Collingwood will obviously accept the 3 weeks and be very happy with it. Hocking getting 2 weeks for that bump is also a joke, the MRP even recognized that it was only body contact and it wasn't high and that Hayes sustained no injury. What's the problem then? Since when are you not allowed to bump a bloke, Hayes did exactly the same thing 2 seconds beforehand to Howlitt. Only thing is Hockings excecution was a lot better.