Bendigo Gold vs Nth Ballarat

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Re: Bendigo Gold vs Nth Ballarat

Post by ZeroEffect »

So Gumbleton didn't perform again. The guy is running out of chances. We might have to go with 3 ruckman next week and maybe bring in Del'Ollio and Colyer.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

how about Browne? How'd he go?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:So Gumbleton didn't perform again. The guy is running out of chances. We might have to go with 3 ruckman next week and maybe bring in Del'Ollio and Colyer.

Why is he running out of chances?? The poor guy has been pretty much hospital bound for 2 years yet has worked his guts out to get back to just playing football, let along playing it well.

Has Winderlich run out of chances

Has Pears run out of chances???

Why not just let him get fit and see how he goes. Hell, players like NLM and Slattery, Myers, Dyson, etc have all had the same time at the club and done virtually nothing.

Give the guy a break - he's costing us nothing and there can only be upside.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

F111 wrote:how about Browne? How'd he go?
He was solid without being outstanding. Although from where I stand at the VFL hard to see the centre clearance work.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Please may Matt Little be rookie listed by us next year.... starred at full forward again with a bag of 6 taking him over 30 for the year... =D>
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

How did Pears and Winderlich go?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Belly is facing VFL charges of tripping and got a week, has until tuesday to decide to fight or not

far out our list is looking terrible for the next few games
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

So that means he can't play AFL? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

JP_12 wrote:So that means he can't play AFL? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Yep thats right.... bloody hell, makes me even more worried about next Sat... Gumbletons chances just got a lot better!
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:So Gumbleton didn't perform again. The guy is running out of chances. We might have to go with 3 ruckman next week and maybe bring in Del'Ollio and Colyer.

Why is he running out of chances?? The poor guy has been pretty much hospital bound for 2 years yet has worked his guts out to get back to just playing football, let along playing it well.

Why not just let him get fit and see how he goes. Hell, players like NLM and Slattery, Myers, Dyson, etc have all had the same time at the club and done virtually nothing.

Calm down Windy_Hill. He is running out of chances because there are only 6 home and away games left for Bendigo this year and he has rarely gone near the footy in the 6 games he's played. The reality is he needs to perform in this period of time or he could be delisted at the end of the year. I'm sure he's a really nice guy and his injuries have been terrible but it doesn't mean he deserves a spot on our list. Essendon are a professional club and at the end of the day it's about results and not about who's a nice guy. Don't get me wrong though, I would love him to come out and kick a bag of 10 on the weekend and be the player you probably think he is. The chances of that aren't great though.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Calm down Windy_Hill. He is running out of chances because there are only 6 home and away games left for Bendigo this year and he has rarely gone near the footy in the 6 games he's played. The reality is he needs to perform in this period of time or he could be delisted at the end of the year. I'm sure he's a really nice guy and his injuries have been terrible but it doesn't mean he deserves a spot on our list. Essendon are a professional club and at the end of the day it's about results and not about who's a nice guy. Don't get me wrong though, I would love him to come out and kick a bag of 10 on the weekend and be the player you probably think he is. The chances of that aren't great though.

Dont disagree, but give him a chance at least or what has been the point of holding on to him this long. In your earlier post, it seems that you would rather the three ruckmen than have a crack with Gumby - the three ruck policy has not worked
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'd keep Gumbleton for one more year if he can't make it, just because there is still some potential.

Perhaps as a rookie, but these players would be ahead of him in the cuts line if I were deciding (going with actual likely/potential cuts): Slattery, McVeigh, Prismall, Ross and Steinberg.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

TB successfully contested his tripping charge!! He is free to play!! =D>
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Dont disagree, but give him a chance at least or what has been the point of holding on to him this long. In your earlier post, it seems that you would rather the three ruckmen than have a crack with Gumby - the three ruck policy has not worked
I'm not a big fan of the three ruck policy either but Bellchambers was best on and Gumbleton isn't up to it. They could bring in Pears and make Carlisle go forward I guess.

If you really cared about the bloke Windy_Hill you wouldn't want him to play either. VFL to AFL is a big step up and his form has been ordinary at best. It's not like you can just flick on an AFL switch and become an automatic champion, if he runs out there and doesn't get a kick his confidence will be shot. That confidence should be built up in the VFL before he gets thrown to the wolves.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

On Gumby, as much as I would love to see him out there in the Seniors, I think let him play out the season, get a full pre-season under his belt and see what happens next year...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the three ruck policy either but Bellchambers was best on and Gumbleton isn't up to it. They could bring in Pears and make Carlisle go forward I guess.

If you really cared about the bloke Windy_Hill you wouldn't want him to play either. VFL to AFL is a big step up and his form has been ordinary at best. It's not like you can just flick on an AFL switch and become an automatic champion, if he runs out there and doesn't get a kick his confidence will be shot. That confidence should be built up in the VFL before he gets thrown to the wolves.
Watch the video highlights posted somewhere else - the guy can play and the more game time we get into him the better. Are you thinking lets wait for when Hurley and Crameri and back in the side!!!? Of course not, so surely now is the best chance this season we are going to get to give him some game time. By the way Bellchambers is suspended = another reason to give the big man a crack

My expectations - mayber 12 possies and perhaps a goal. Thats about the level of output we got from Hurls over the first 11 rounds
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

TB avoided suspension. vingertje

Gumby would also attract a better defender which might not help his own form, but would help the team.

As long as he competes in the air and gives the front and centre players a shot then maybe that's all that's required. A few marks, a goal or two would be great.

Get him into the action if his body is fit. The only place he'll adjust to the tempo is in the 1's.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I've watched the video highlights and yes when you watch a package like that it looks impressive. Looks can be deceiving, you could compile a highlights package of NLM's games this season and it would look awesome.

I'm just saying Gumbleton isn't anywhere near ready for AFL so how can you expect him to perform when he's struggling at the lower level? Your expectations of maybe 12 possies and a goal are something he hasn't even been doing for Bendigo.

Bellchambers got off his charge so he's available.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

if you don't play Gumby this weekend, when do you play him?? FFS let's see what he's got and at least we won't die wondering.

He could not play any worse than the insipid pricks in their dinky new jumpers did last week.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

rockhole wrote:if you don't play Gumby this weekend, when do you play him?? FFS let's see what he's got and at least we won't die wondering.

He could not play any worse than the insipid pricks in their dinky new jumpers did last week.
You got your wish, he's playing on the weekend. Best of luck to him.