Our Best Win of the Year

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Our Best Win of the Year

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Ossie wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:When exactly have Port been our witches hats????? Their team is avergae but did you know they were leading at the 28 minute mark of the third quarter?? We were missing probably 5 of our top 10 players, trailing, key players not playing well and we won by 50 points

Seriously Robbie, I know you love to play the gnarly old grump of Bombertalk but sometimes you just sound stupid. Give credit where its due, just occasionally
That is exactly why it was a LONG way from our best win this season. We played one good quarter.
Tell that to the 84 Premiership team
What? Beating the all-conquering Hawthorn in 1984 bears exactly f*** all resemblance to beating Port in 2012 (who are also missing a shitload of their best players - Schultz, Butcher, Cassisi, Hartlett, Robbie Gray etc etc)
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

No, but I nearly chocked when I read that bit. That was awful, even by your very low standards.

Good old F111, at least he has the decency to say he his opinion is based on what he heard on the radio. You havent even watched the game, you stupid c***.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Yeah, I'm the idiot. You start a thread called our best of the win year, and then start the dialogue with "No doubt about it". Just want to check that we did play a team that was 4 from 14, and with a long injury list themselves? Really can be "no doubt it" can it you retard?

I knew you didnt watch it Mr Hyperbole.
I believe Melbourne was 0-10 or whatever they were when the beats us? So whats your point? All of a sudden ladder position means something but when I say we have a tough run coming up you dismiss ladder position as being a pointless argument

Get your stories straight old fellah - you cant have it both ways
What the f*** are you on about now? I tell you what, I reckon that was Melbourne's best win of the season. You stupid c***.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote: and with a long injury list themselves

Care to walk me through their list of injured champions old boy - all household names I am sure. What, Roden, Grey...f*** me. And I thought we were in trouble mossing our Best & Fairest, our leading goal kicker, our Marquee Centre Half Forward, our second ruck and best utility player, our number one tagger

You've lost it

Not even worth going tete a tete with you anymore

Where's Gimper, at least he is somewhat amusing
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Watch the game.....then talk. You stupid c***.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Yeah, I'm the idiot. You start a thread called our best of the win year, and then start the dialogue with "No doubt about it". Just want to check that we did play a team that was 4 from 14, and with a long injury list themselves? Really can be "no doubt it" can it you retard?

I knew you didnt watch it Mr Hyperbole.
I believe Melbourne was 0-10 or whatever they were when the beats us? So whats your point? All of a sudden ladder position means something but when I say we have a tough run coming up you dismiss ladder position as being a pointless argument

Get your stories straight old fellah - you cant have it both ways
What the f*** are you on about now? I tell you what, I reckon that was Melbourne's best win of the season. You stupid c***.
Have another read of the post old boy.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote: and with a long injury list themselves

Care to walk me through their list of injured champions old boy - all household names I am sure. What, Roden, Grey...f*** me. And I thought we were in trouble mossing our Best & Fairest, our leading goal kicker, our Marquee Centre Half Forward, our second ruck and best utility player, our number one tagger
They're missing their best three forwards in Gray, Butcher and Schultz, their best young midfielder in Hartlett, and their captain in Dom Cassisi. They're all good to very good players. Don't pretend they're not to suit your argument.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:Watch the game.....then talk. You stupid c***.

Haha - you are now resembling Port. Put up a half decent fight for three qtrs but going down like a cup of cold sick at the end

Game Set and Match

Cheers Rob - :wink: always a pleasure =D>
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Watch the game Windy.....then talk. You stupid c***.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Haha - you are now resembling Port. Put up a half decent fight for three qtrs but going down like a cup of cold sick at the end
hmmmmm....yet it was our best win of the season....

Youre stupidity knows no bounds.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

It was an important win and shows we have made some progress over the past few years. Winning away with so many out is a good sign but the fact we are still not playing four quarters is still disappointing and shows we still have a long way to go.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

The best thing to come out of today is We are finally learning to Win interstate...
Havn't beaten Port away since I believe 2000....
Dug in deep. Seriously depleted but gutsed out the win...
That is a massive sign of a team rising...
Now for more consistency week in and week out...
Still very proud of the Team today and coaching staff...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

stryper wrote:The best thing to come out of today is We are finally learning to Win interstate...

Careful, the Robbiemonster may come and bite you for being somewhat positive
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
stryper wrote:The best thing to come out of today is We are finally learning to Win interstate...

Careful, the Robbiemonster may come and bite you for being somewhat positive
You dumb c*** Windy. What Stryper said was factual. What you said was moronic. Major differance. Unlike you, Stryper may have even watched the game.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

I am used to that.
I have 1 of my best mates who says he supports Essendon.
Goes to the games but yet continually bags them.
Latest was Weapon is a pop gun.
I replied dare you to say that to his face lol
Lets go Bombers...
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Lots of support here Windy. Maybe you'd be a better judge of what happened, if you watched the game?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'll be the adjudicater here..

We were depleted. Port were depleted too. We had better players missing, but the players they had missing had a major impact on them.

We played shit for the 2.75 quarters. We lifted after that, they ran out of gas. Port were woeful, especially in the last quarter.

To run away with it and win by 50 points was a great effort. I was surprised we kicked that many goals with the players we had out, but then I saw how bad Port are.

Good win, but nowhere near our best. The Carlton game was the best by far.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

We smash the previously undefeated ladder leading Eagles and you wrote it off due to their injuries.

We struggle over a 14th placed Port for 3/4's and it doesn't matter their smashed by injuries as its 'our best win' of the season.

Can't follow your logic.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

What's your problem WIndy_Hill? It's so obvious you started this thread with the intention to get a rise out of somebody/anybody. Your statement that this is the best win of the season is an absolute joke and I think you know that. Now that you have got what you wanted and somebody has taken the bate your just being made to look stupid as per usual.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

The first three quarters were mostly absolutely awful. Some credit goes to the team for turning on some professionalism and getting the job done, but definitely not a win to bask in the glory of.

No matter what we finish up acheiving at the end of the season, 4/4 interstate (likely to end 4/5) is definitely one box ticked in terms of objectives for the year.