Carlisle.....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Carlisle.....

Post by danstar84 »

Gimps wrote:Bumped him from behind, which is better than the front. I watched the clip on my iPhone, so didn't see if his shoulder hit his head or not??
Definitely not high. Didn't actually seem to be much contact at all, just a bump shoulder to shoulder.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

danstar84 wrote:
Gimps wrote:Bumped him from behind, which is better than the front. I watched the clip on my iPhone, so didn't see if his shoulder hit his head or not??
Definitely not high. Didn't actually seem to be much contact at all, just a bump shoulder to shoulder.
Hocking just got 2 weeks for a shoulder to shoulder bump on Hayes. Sure Hockings was more crude but with the MRP I wouldn't be suprised if he got a week.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

ZeroEffect wrote:
danstar84 wrote:
Hocking just got 2 weeks for a shoulder to shoulder bump on Hayes. Sure Hockings was more crude but with the MRP I wouldn't be suprised if he got a week.
Nah, plenty of differences between the two.

The Carlisle bump was softer, and he didn't deviate to lay the bump. Looked like they were going to cross paths anyhow. Hocking also has a bad record.

You could argue that Carlisle thought the opposition player was trying the cut him off, if his eyes are on the ball downfield.

Like you said though, MRP is a lottery. A joke if even looked at. Not enough force to be a report. Port player went down like a sack of potatoes.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Is there a medical report? If not, stiff shit!
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

If that even gets looked, then the game is heading to a very bad place #-o
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Free to play.

Can accept a reprimand.

Judd has been referred straight to the tribunal.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:Bumped him from behind, which is better than the front.
I thought you hated being bumped from behind.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well at least he can play this week, but I don't think it should have resulted in a charge.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that somehow managed to get over 100 points and early plea will save him...... Jeff Kennett said there would be a female playing footy in the next 100 years..... ill say next 20 at the rate they are softening this game
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:that somehow managed to get over 100 points and early plea will save him...... Jeff Kennett said there would be a female playing footy in the next 100 years..... ill say next 20 at the rate they are softening this game
I think the Women's League is actually tougher....
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

This report is totally f*****..two guys ran into each other and one came off (slightly) the worse for wear.

Meanwhile, no matter how many times I read the MRP report, I cannot see any reference to Jamison being reported for dropping his knees into Petrie's back....that had potential to cause great harm and was a deliberate act but those f****** morons came up with this shit:

Contact between Carlton’s Michael Jamison and North Melbourne’s Drew Petrie from the first quarter of Friday’s match was assessed. After viewing all available footage and receiving a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. A 50-metre penalty was paid by the umpire at the time of the contact, but the panel determined that no further action was required.

And then there is this shit for Daniel Merrett (because he got sooky boy Nick):

Daniel Merrett, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with a level two charging offence against Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda, during the first quarter of the round 16 match between the Brisbane Lions and St Kilda, played at the Gabba on Saturday July 14, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the St Kilda Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

And how the f*** can Merrett not have a good or bad record...he's been playing for years.

And the determination was based on reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point) which seems to sum up what f****** Jamison did.

Oh for just a minute, tiny bit of consistency from these f***tards :evil:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:This report is totally f*****..two guys ran into each other and one came off (slightly) the worse for wear.

Meanwhile, no matter how many times I read the MRP report, I cannot see any reference to Jamison being reported for dropping his knees into Petrie's back....that had potential to cause great harm and was a deliberate act but those f****** morons came up with this shit:

Contact between Carlton’s Michael Jamison and North Melbourne’s Drew Petrie from the first quarter of Friday’s match was assessed. After viewing all available footage and receiving a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. A 50-metre penalty was paid by the umpire at the time of the contact, but the panel determined that no further action was required.

And then there is this shit for Daniel Merrett (because he got sooky boy Nick):

Daniel Merrett, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with a level two charging offence against Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda, during the first quarter of the round 16 match between the Brisbane Lions and St Kilda, played at the Gabba on Saturday July 14, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the St Kilda Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

And how the f*** can Merrett not have a good or bad record...he's been playing for years.

And the determination was based on reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point) which seems to sum up what f****** Jamison did.

Oh for just a minute, tiny bit of consistency from these f***tards :evil:
Mate, I share your utter contempt for these fuckerz. It's not the system that's wrong, it's the idiots that apply the process. They are inexplicably moronic.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Jazz_84 wrote:that somehow managed to get over 100 points and early plea will save him...... Jeff Kennett said there would be a female playing footy in the next 100 years..... ill say next 20 at the rate they are softening this game
Sexist shithead ;) Haven't you seen women fight? Nothing soft about it, Judd ain't got nothing on womens league footy. You wanna play that, you'd better shave your f****** head or you'll be slung down by your hair :lol:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Megan wrote:
Sexist shithead ;) Haven't you seen women fight? Nothing soft about it, Judd ain't got nothing on womens league footy. You wanna play that, you'd better shave your f****** head or you'll be slung down by your hair :lol:
oh calm down, walk away for 5 mins and then come talk to me rationally........... with a beer too please
Kakadu Kangaroos
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Megan wrote:
oh calm down, walk away for 5 mins and then come talk to me rationally........... with a beer too please
On your knees wearing a mortarboard
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

we have had a few women play for essendon over the years.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gumbyisback wrote:we have had a few women play for essendon over the years.
NLM and who else?
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:
NLM and who else?
monfries, he's only "manned" up once
Kakadu Kangaroos
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote:
NLM and who else?
NLM is one of our harder players for sure. Never backs down. Its one of the main reasons he gets a game I believe.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

DC2 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
NLM and who else?
NLM is one of our harder players for sure. Never backs down. Its one of the main reasons he gets a game I believe.
I think that comment has gone over your head :wink:
Essendunny