Josh Caddy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Josh Caddy

Post by tonysoprano »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
BERT wrote:Jazz/Megan. Is there any way to get an ignore feature on this board?
Don't worry Bert, he's gone.
Why?

He was clearly an idiot but what 'rule' did he break? Or did I miss something?
yeah? what's that about? a few disagree with your opinion and you get your privileges revoked? f*** me - if that happened we'd all be wiped out!
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
Why?

Can Windy_Hill be banned too then?

I also dislike gumbyisback but I agree with him on the putrid efforts of Melksham and to a lesser extent Monfries. Monfries coming off an injury and kicking a goal gets a bit of leeway, but Melksham has been a non-performer almost all year. I'm used to him only getting 12- 14 touches a game and maybe popping up for a goal, but last night he didn't go near it. A lousy 7 possesions, 7. I understand he's a project player and he's only in his third year, but we are in the business of winning games of footy. He's not helping.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

ZeroEffect wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
Why?

Can Windy_Hill be banned too then?

I also dislike gumbyisback but I agree with him on the putrid efforts of Melksham and to a lesser extent Monfries. Monfries coming off an injury and kicking a goal gets a bit of leeway, but Melksham has been a non-performer almost all year. I'm used to him only getting 12- 14 touches a game and maybe popping up for a goal, but last night he didn't go near it. A lousy 7 possesions, 7. I understand he's a project player and he's only in his third year, but we are in the business of winning games of footy. He's not helping.
I nearly smashed my TV when he kept it in and tapped it straight to them in our forward line and not two minutes later he did the same thing in their forward line. f****** idiot ( hope this doesn't get me banned)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Id love for Caddy to come but we have no idea what GC want and it seems the EFC have blind faith in a few and also don't like to move "best 25" players on.... but it's about time we did, we have too many talls, and established talls are worth something

Im glad Bomber is with us because Im not so sure Hirdy would make the tough calls this early in his career

the end of this year will be very interesting indeed
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I was going to start this thread.

Last night made it clear, even Zachariah out that we NEED another good midfielder. Caddy is the obvious candidate. Beams and Boak are expected to re-sign with their clubs soon.

FWIW (perhaps not much) Jon Ralph ("prick!", "wanker!") thinks we are still going after him and that there is a good chance we'll get him.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

j-mac31 wrote:I was going to start this thread.

Last night made it clear, even Zachariah out that we NEED another good midfielder. Caddy is the obvious candidate. Beams and Boak are expected to re-sign with their clubs soon.

FWIW (perhaps not much) Jon Ralph ("prick!", "wanker!") thinks we are still going after him and that there is a good chance we'll get him.
Koby Stevens is another who is a good shot st coming to essendon. We were very keen on him at the time of his draft and still are.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I heard Caddy interviewed a week or two back.
When asked about next year, he was very non committal, without sounding too evasive.

He talked about enjoying this year so far. The one year contract was mentioned but he carefully and confidently evaded giving any firm answer to his future.

I thought (hoped) that it really sounded like he was leaving GC.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ok lets get serious here

lets say he does want to leave and come to the bombers, what can be done on his end to help our cause? can he basically say trade to EFC or else im going to walk into the draft? would GC call his bluff? would GC take the hit and try to get the best out of us? knowing we have talls that they can ask for.

I think the EFC will be ready to be more flexible in a trade this year given then dire need for a good mid, the losses we have this year might just open our coaches eyes a bit more and ultimately help us in the long run

Caddy aint doing us any favours at the moment by playing some pretty good footy week to week

his is a bigger body already so wont be needing to play catch up with the rest of our group

I say go hard EFC
Kakadu Kangaroos
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I don't know if we have anyone good enough to trade for him, most of our quality is signed up. I don't think GC would accept our second round pick and an ordinary player. Maybe if Gumbleton kicks a couple of bags before the end of the year we could offload him...
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I don't know if I'm being overly pessimistic, but with our conservative and failed trading history (post the period where Fremantle were our bitches) I'm 100% assuming that we'll be picking up noone and will be working with what we have plus Joe Daniher. Anything other than that would be a very pleasant surprise.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Let's have a look at what would be required to get him.

As a hypothetical, last year they asked for Ryder. Would you give up Ryder for him? Considering we have Daniher on the way and other ruck/forward options?

We are going to have offer something to get something.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Sismis wrote:Let's have a look at what would be required to get him.

As a hypothetical, last year they asked for Ryder. Would you give up Ryder for him? Considering we have Daniher on the way and other ruck/forward options?

No way that the club would give up a player like Ryder, and I wouldn't either. Would be great to get Caddy, but we would need to give up a very good player.

From what I have seen at games, and read, Kav looks like he could be the classy mid that we need. Only his first year, but will be great to see how he goes after a full preseason. He is getting better every week, probably due to the fact that he is getting games in from being injury free!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Maybe we could offer Monfries? You know, the player who's improving every year (except this year) according to you? Very high efficiency in front of goal, stand out performer in a 10 goal Elimination Final loss and all that? Surely GC would be jumping out of their skins to get rid of Caddy for Monfries?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

jimmyc1985 wrote:

Maybe we could offer Monfries? You know, the player who's improving every year (except this year) according to you? Very high efficiency in front of goal, stand out performer in a 10 goal Elimination Final loss and all that? Surely GC would be jumping out of their skins to get rid of Caddy for Monfries?
Wow, what an awesome contribution. Not content with a 10 page thread and all of the other threads bagging him?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Do Gold Coast have to trim their list numbers back again this year?

If so they might just be willing to accept unders for a bloke who has made it pretty clear the past two years that he doesn't really want to be there.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I don't think they will with Caddy. He is a serious talent and there will be quite a few teams after him if he chooses not to stay.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

danstar84 wrote:From what I have seen at games, and read, Kav looks like he could be the classy mid that we need. Only his first year, but will be great to see how he goes after a full preseason. He is getting better every week, probably due to the fact that he is getting games in from being injury free!
I hope so too, but he still hasn't played a senior game and the more good players we get, the less we have to see of Monfries, Ovens and co.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Obviously we'll have to give up something good, given our first pick will be unavailable.

At this stage, Watson, Hurley, Crameri and Heppell would be my only untouchables, with Ryder pretty close.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it's gotta be a tall, GC will want to start seeing results and talls are the ones that take time to develop so my guess is they will ask for one of our tall forwards

Hurley no, Crameri no, Ryder no.... Gumby has to be yes and throw monfries in there too for good measure
Kakadu Kangaroos
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Jazz_84 wrote:it's gotta be a tall, GC will want to start seeing results and talls are the ones that take time to develop so my guess is they will ask for one of our tall forwards

Hurley no, Crameri no, Ryder no.... Gumby has to be yes and throw monfries in there too for good measure
Can someone tell us who is still out of contract? Gumbleton, Monfries, Riemers, Davey, Dyson, Slattery, Prismall, McVeigh, Hille... Stanton??? Hooker?? Lonergan?? Pears???