Jake Milkshake

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Jake Milkshake

Post by BenDoolan »

He was a good contributor Satd'y night. He read the play very well - even in defence where he got to the contest and spoiled well on occasions.
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Both of those goals were great and he seems to kick a goal most weeks. This is what you want out of your midfielders. Having said that you also want them to get a few more possessions, only 14 this week. He probably averages something like that this season. Hopefully his performance on the weekend was a sign of things to come for him.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'd be happy if he keeps kicking 2 goals from 14 possessions a week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Little to no impact again by Jake.

I don't think he has shown enough to suggest that he will make it. I'd rank all of the following above him:

1. Watson
2. Stanton
3. Zaharakis
4. Heppell
5. Howlett
6. Myers
7. Hocking

and then you still have Winderlich to come back, plus all of the new recruits.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I thought Sizzle did pretty well this week.

Not a huge number of possessions again, but several inside 50s, a goal and a miss. Seems to be playing mostly forward now and it appears to agree with him.

Doing more than Reimers and probably more than what Monfries would do most weeks.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:I thought Sizzle did pretty well this week.

Not a huge number of possessions again, but several inside 50s, a goal and a miss. Seems to be playing mostly forward now and it appears to agree with him.

Doing more than Reimers and probably more than what Monfries would do most weeks.
Yep, he's going along ok. Has improved on a few weeks ago.
Essendunny
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:I thought Sizzle did pretty well this week.

Yep, he's going along ok. Has improved on a few weeks ago.
Offers more than that muppett that wears 42 for us.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Melksham was f****** terrible last night. Again. I've supported his inclusion in the team this season based on him being a young player with potential who needs development/game time and pops up with the odd goal. But he's been rank for the last month. Back to Bendigo for you mate.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yep, a big turd sandwich last night. Drop him for Colyer.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

He's having a lot of trouble just getting his hands on the footy. Just 7 disposals for a midfielder is hopeless. Geelong where too big and strong for us and Melkshams little frame epitomized the difference between us and them.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Has struggled quite a bit this year. He probably needs to go back to Bendigo simply so that he can get his hands on the football. Looks like it is the third year blues for him! He can be pretty damaging when he gets the ball, but can't get near it often enough.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I like his low 55m kicks for goal. About it at the moment.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

JP_32 wrote:I like his low 55m kicks for goal. About it at the moment.
He's been good for a goal most weeks, but that's about it. His disposal in general isn't great and I'm sick of those grubber kicks of his into the forward 50.
He needs to go back to the VFL to get some confidence or maybe start as the sub. There are other blokes such as Colyer, Kav and even Browne that deserve to have a crack at the big time after good form for Bendigo.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Definitely needs to go back to the VFL and get a lot of possessions in the middle.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Unsighted all night.
Gotta go back to VFL. Has to.
Think it was BD who asked a few weeks ago if anyone could state what Monfries role was....same needs to be asked about Jake.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

nudder12 wrote:Unsighted all night.
Think it was BD who asked a few weeks ago if anyone could state what Monfries role was....same needs to be asked about Jake.
He had another shocker but wasn't alone. It would of been great if Kav or Browne had of shown a bit more and made cases to keep there spots. They will probably get dropped for Adelaide this week while Jake remains untouchable.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

ZeroEffect wrote:
He had another shocker but wasn't alone. It would of been great if Kav or Browne had of shown a bit more and made cases to keep there spots. They will probably get dropped for Adelaide this week while Jake remains untouchable.
I actually reckon the kid Browne did show something.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
I actually reckon the kid Browne did show something.
Me too.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Has to be one of the worst players in the comp for the amount of experience he has had, the draft pick he was taken with and the position he plays?

Brings nothing, absolutely nothing, to the table.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Hasn't set the world on fire but was our 2nd youngest out there today. Still only 20. Has as many brownlow votes as NLM.