Ladder Predictor

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Ladder Predictor

Post by boncer34 »

So I feel its close enough to start predicting. Plus I'm down in a funk at the moment so I'm doing something to entertain me.

My top 8 ended up as:

Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast
Carlton
Fremantle
Essendon
Sydney

Had us losing to Collingwood and West Coast. Even if we lost to Carlton I dont have us sliding due to superior percentage compared to Sydney and St Kilda.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ladder Predictor

Post by rockhole »

Check this out if you want to try a few "What Ifs"

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladder%2 ... fault.aspx
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

boncer34 wrote:So I feel its close enough to start predicting. Plus I'm down in a funk at the moment so I'm doing something to entertain me.

My top 8 ended up as:

Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast
Carlton
Fremantle
Essendon
Sydney

Had us losing to Collingwood and West Coast. Even if we lost to Carlton I dont have us sliding due to superior percentage compared to Sydney and St Kilda.
Hopefully we drop one more game, finish 8th and play Carlton....then knocking the f**** out of the finals. Better that than yet another interstate week 1 finals flogging.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

rockhole wrote:Check this out if you want to try a few "What Ifs"

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladder%2 ... fault.aspx
I knew I forgot something in the OP.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I had us making the Grand Final so this is obviously a piece of junk
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I have us playing Hawthorn in the GF winning it from 4th !!! This is taking the totally optimistic approach.

First final against Geelong - loss, then we play Carlton and win, then Collingwood and win and then Hawthorn and win. Imagine Hird winning a flag in his first year as coach, Essendon winning its 17th flag and beating our most 3 hated enemies along the way.

If that happened I think we would all be in Bomber Heaven. Its nice to dream 8)
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:I have us playing Hawthorn in the GF winning it from 4th !!! This is taking the totally optimistic approach.

First final against Geelong - loss, then we play Carlton and win, then Collingwood and win and then Hawthorn and win. Imagine Hird winning a flag in his first year as coach, Essendon winning its 17th flag and beating our most 3 hated enemies along the way.

We beat the Scum, the Filth and the Whores in successive finals to win the flag - now thats a fantasy I would pay for!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

MH_Bomber wrote:I have us playing Hawthorn in the GF winning it from 4th !!! This is taking the totally optimistic approach.

Are you a bit slow? Geelong are our bitches. We'll beat then in the first final, smash hawks in the prelim thanks to umpire #32 then Stanton to do a Zaharakis against Colingwood in the GF.

The reason we don't play Carlton is because the Dogs beat them in week 1.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

absolutely no point using a predicting tool against a side so as unpredictable as the bombers.

its a guarantee we will probably win games we shouldn't and lose games we should between now and the end of the season. And who knows if we will have enough wins to make the 8.....
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

On my predictions, we play the filth in the Granny........!!!!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

I have 10 buks on us when we were paying 67 buks
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

i have us finishing 7th playing the saints on the first weekend.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

sconsey wrote:

I have 10 buks on us when we were paying 67 buks
To win it?

We are currently paying 80
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Are you a bit slow? Geelong are our bitches.
Ease up Rossy I presume you are joking. Our record to them has been appalling up until 3 weeks ago and losing the first final a la 1993 allows to beat the other three.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Are you a bit slow? Geelong are our bitches.
Ease up Rossy I presume you are joking. Our record to them has been appalling up until 3 weeks ago and losing the first final a la 1993 allows to beat the other three.
Yes, I was being sarcastic.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

9th if we beat only Richmond and North. Right now I wonder whether those two will happen.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I'll be happy with 9th.
Not because I don't wish we were better than that, but because I reckon it's where we belong, and playing finals would be as imposters.
Besides, I don't think I could stand watching another total thrashing in week one of finals.
Sadly, we'll probably limp into the 8 on the back of 1 or 2 surprise wins where we actually play to our full potential.
I'm really not certain that we've improved at all over the last 2 years - I couldn't say with any certainty that this group wouldn't have done just as well under Knights or any other coach.
I'm becoming rather disillusioned with the lack of development of a game plan - in the games we lose, it's pretty much the exact same crap every time, opposition have worked us out, and we have no plan B at all.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Adelaide 76
Hawks 72
Collingwood 72
Sydney 64
West Coast 60
Essendon 56
Geelong 52
North 52

St Kilda 48
freo 48

that's us beating Richmond, North and Carlton, so if results go as they should we need 2 wins, im picking wins over Richmond and Carlton at this stage

a surprise win over Hawks or Adelaide would help so so much
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I think it is still pretty exciting that we have so much control over our destiny. We are 2 wins from top spot and one outside the 4 with a few 8point games to come. Current form is a massive concern but with a bit more luck with injury and more of our best then we have a real opportunity here.

We have already surpassed last year so everything from here is a bonus. As I said in the other thread one finals win would be a massive access for this team with so much upside still to come.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

nudder12 wrote:I'll be happy with 9th.
Not because I don't wish we were better than that, but because I reckon it's where we belong, and playing finals would be as imposters.
Besides, I don't think I could stand watching another total thrashing in week one of finals.
Sadly, we'll probably limp into the 8 on the back of 1 or 2 surprise wins where we actually play to our full potential.
I'm really not certain that we've improved at all over the last 2 years - I couldn't say with any certainty that this group wouldn't have done just as well under Knights or any other coach.
I'm becoming rather disillusioned with the lack of development of a game plan - in the games we lose, it's pretty much the exact same crap every time, opposition have worked us out, and we have no plan B at all.
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Of our 5 losses we have had 3 really bad ones this year... Melbourne, Saints and Geelong. You would of taken that at the start of the season. At the moment we are injury ridden and obviously out of form. There is still time to get players and form back, hopefully it happens sooner than later. I think your right, we probably don't have a plan B but sometimes no matter what you do the opposition can be too good.