Essendon v Hawthorm Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Essendon v Hawthorm Match Thread

Post by hop »

bomberdonnie wrote:No you f****** halfwit I am saying that it us a positive that he kicked 4 snags tonight

Have another drink ffs
Thanks for the stats update.

Drinking seems to be a preoccupation of yours. AA meetings not going so well?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

f****** pathetic effort tonight and to make it worse I had to sit through it sober.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:Would like to hear from someone who was actually at the game.
Did it look as bad in person as it did on the TV? Please tell me it didn't.
Horrendous.

No matter how many injuries you have you cannot accept a performance like that from a finals aspiring club. Yet we keep dishing up this type of shit year after year.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:f****** pathetic effort tonight and to make it worse I had to sit through it sober.
LOL

It's painful aint it.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

hop wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:No you f****** halfwit I am saying that it us a positive that he kicked 4 snags tonight

Have another drink ffs
Thanks for the stats update.

Drinking seems to be a preoccupation of yours. AA meetings not going so well?
Quite funny for an imp
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Get NLM out there for a full game next week. He at least looked again willing to put his body on the line and is getting the ball moving forward. Noone else (except Jobe) really seemed to accomplish these two things.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Just got home from the game. Terrible effort. Hawks are very very good but the lack of application tonight was shocking.

I think our major problems are still creating and executing our structures. Apart from bombing it long to stationary forward targets, we don't have a plan B going forward, and too often we drop too many men behind the ball which means the other team slices us up on the spread. Hawks did that tonight - apparently their disposal efficiency was 81% which is absolutely insane.

Watson good, Gumby continues to show a bit, Kav and Browne were OK. Other than that it was a wipeout.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Yep, my trusty old mate Disco Lovett-Murray.. very good effort. So some ****** spine. He only had 4 mates - Watson, Hocking, Carlisle, and Gumby. Whilst on the subject of Gumby, how bout these c**** learn how to kick it to his advantage? f***, if he was in Whorethorn's fwd line, he would've kicked 10.

And whilst on the subject of fwd lines. I reckon we had one of the shortest forward lines in history tonight, especially when Hille went into the ruck. Davey, Jetta and Dell should never play in the same fwd line. We had those midgets, Hille (too slow), Monfries, Windy (1st game back) and a bloke that's play a handful of games in a thousand years at the club. Not a ****** hope in hell of being effective.

If we dont get Crameri & at least Hurley or Ryder back next week, we will get flogged.

Browne goes out, not ready. Same goes for Kav. And I wish Pig could make an appearance, Baguley isn't up to it in my opinion.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Just to help cheer everyone up, the word on Triple M after the game was that Gumby may have broken a bone in his hand when stepped on by a Hawthorn player.
Couldn't use his hand at all during the warm down apparently.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Gimps wrote: Browne goes out, not ready. Same goes for Kav. And I wish Pig could make an appearance, Baguley isn't up to it in my opinion.
Surely you can't be serious about this.

We have a mountain of injuries, why wouldn't we play the kids in the meantime to get some games into them?

Staggeringly stupid statement.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Staggy wrote:
Gimps wrote: Browne goes out, not ready. Same goes for Kav. And I wish Pig could make an appearance, Baguley isn't up to it in my opinion.

We have a mountain of injuries, why wouldn't we play the kids in the meantime to get some games into them?

One more terrible loss, which will surely come next week, and then I reckon they're all in for the rest of the season, plus any others we can get into the side.
Plenty more value in gaining that experience than limping into 8th and getting flogged in week 1 again.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Have to agree with the old Gimper mainly, but I'll have a bit each way.
No good giving games to youngsters until/unless they earn it.
And on tonight's performance, they're not ahead of the blokes whose places they're occupying.
But, yeah, if there's no-one else to try, then I guess they have to play.
It pains me to say so, but Slattery would have done better tonight.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Kav has been in the best in the seconds for about 6 weeks running.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Staggy wrote:Kav has been in the best in the seconds for about 6 weeks running.
IMO there are grounds for disputing that, but the real question is..How did you rate his performance tonight?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BomberinJapan wrote:Get NLM out there for a full game next week.
Boy, things have really gone bad havent they? Let's give the useless f****** shit truck more game time, based on the fact he could get a couple of kicks when the game was over. He will be f****** awful in any increased role, and anyone with half a brain knows it.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

robbie67 wrote:
Boy, things have really gone bad havent they? Let's give the useless f****** shit truck more game time, based on the fact he could get a couple of kicks when the game was over. He will be f****** awful in any increased role, and anyone with half a brain knows it.
No need to be a c*** mate. I'm not thrilled at the prospect either, and yes it would seem things really have gone bad. No matter how overall f****** useless he is, he showed more abiility to actually impact a contest around the middle of the ground than anyone other than Jobe did.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Daisy..1 wrote:Like Bomber losing a head gasket at quarter time is going to make a difference. Let's just see shall we...
How can the players concentrate on Goodwins message , with Bomber coming over the top, and Hirdy on the side talking opne on one - it looked, and was, totally shambolic
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Staggy wrote:

Not a stupid statement at all, your comment is idiotic.

At this stage of the season, we are fighting to stay in the 8. If we have experienced players to come back in, these blokes go out. Browne and Kav looked like under 12's out there last night. They are not ready. Kav has played ok in the 2's, but hasn't been dominant - and 2's footy is a lot different to the top my friend.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

BomberinJapan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
No need to be a c*** mate. I'm not thrilled at the prospect either, and yes it would seem things really have gone bad. No matter how overall f****** useless he is, he showed more abiility to actually impact a contest around the middle of the ground than anyone other than Jobe did.
At the moment we need a hard man out there to help out Jobe. NLM does some silly things but also some good things. For example when he tackles a bloke he rides him into the ground and his opponent has no chance of influencing that contest anymore. This sort of thing was missing in the first half last night.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Can someone explain why our discipline is so bad at the moment. We gave away frees because of own bitching and disrespect given to the umpires. No matter what we as fans think of some of the umpiring decisions to be carrying on like spoiled children was unacceptable.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber