forgotten? ben jolley?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

forgotten? ben jolley?

Post by tom9779 »

is it just me in thinking this, or was this guy a little stiff.

Only saw a little bit of him at senior level, had a few decent touches(he was a rookie).

now delisted, and not picked up by our club or any other.

tough game footy, I would have thought he would have been given bit more of a go.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He did really well towards the end of the year. Hopefully he will be picked up in the future.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I was shocked that we delisted him, then didnt rookie him again, and that no one else did either.

Very, very suprised actually.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

agreed, I thought for a young bloke he showed some promise, certainly had enough good touches to remain on the rookie list IMO.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I agree. What's more, I know a bit more about the bloke through a close mate of mine who actually lives around the corner from him. He has chatted to him on numerous occasions and he was desperate to stay and impress everyone at the club during the season. He is a quiet and shy sort of bloke who wants nothing more than to wear red & black. When given his opportunity, he aquitted himself very well I thought. What irks me, is that you see guys like Ty Zantuck come along and treat the place with utter contempt and disrespect, yet have had more of an opportunity than he.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

imo i didn't rate him very highly, he didnt bring any attributes to the team and didnt have the look about him to make it at AFL level. He also lacked speed and versatility which i thought went against him.

but in saying this i do think that he wasn't given much of an oppertunity to prove himself and deserved more then he was given.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Im disappointed. Thought jhe would have remained on the rookie list at least.Definately deserved more of a go than a brain-dead imbecile like Zantuck.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

footy is tough these days i guess - i rated him, not that it means much if i do. i would have been happy to keep him.

Its does make room for others, hopefully they are as good
bugman
Champion of Essendon

Post by bugman »

Some guys just aren't good enough. No one else picked him up either, which sort of suggests something.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Have to feel sorry for the guy.
Hope he can make it in SANFL or VFL or somewhere.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Should have been kept ahead of Peverill IMO. Jolley would have been a few years younger I think, which is an advantage, but I think he could have been a better player. Similar in that he can tag, and was also an awesome tackler and had better disposal than Pev.

Peverill wasn't out of contract was he? Jolley certainly should have been kept ahead of Winderlich.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Pev I think was out of contract and signed a 1 year deal along with Bolton
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

j-mac wrote:Jolley certainly should have been kept ahead of Winderlich.
No he shouldn't have, not when you consider the type of players we are lacking. Fast skillful midfielders, Winderlich could fufil that role. Jolley on the other hand was a tough at it in and under midfielder without great skills or speed....have enough of them on the list.

If we were to keep Jolley then it would've been Peverill to go, and axing Pev could've destroyed team morale.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

While I liked Jolley, there was no way he was going to make it as a footballer, not in this modern game.
Whats surprising is that the officials saw this early, yet have persisted with players who clearly were never going to make it for a lot longer.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!