Jobe's Brownlow Votes

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
JockStrap

Jobe's Brownlow Votes

Post by JockStrap »

According to my calculations and based on Media votes I believe Jobe has already racked up a minimum of 25 Brownlow votes and possibly as many as 29. Let's assume he polls 4 votes in the final four games, you would have to think the Brownlow is his. Swann and Pedlebury are probably out of the running. Thompson is possibly his biggest threat or perhaps Dangerfield? Surely not Cotchin?

Either way, he deserves this accolade if for no other reason than surviving The Weapon. (don't worry, copious amounts of wood touching going on here)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Jobe's Brownlow Votes

Post by Gyoza »

JockStrap wrote:
Either way, he deserves this accolade if for no other reason than surviving The Weapon. (don't worry, copious amounts of wood touching going on here)
Oh my god :shock:
Potential life time ban for you if he goes down this week...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jobe will do very well in the count this year.

I agree that Jobe would be around the mid 20's in voting at this stage. He'll go very close.

Likely named as AA captain IMO as well.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

This is a family forum, we don't want to read about you touching your wood.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Megan wrote:This is a family forum, we don't want to read about you touching your wood.
Copious amounts of touching, not copious amounts of wood..
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

He SHOULD win the Brownlw - given current form and the competition.
He IS A LOCK for AA selection.
He SHOULD be AA Captain.

There you go - that has just made sure that none of these things will happen.

In the end it doesn't really matter - anyone with half a brain and semi-reasonable eye-sight knows that he has been the foundation and the inspiriation for the team for the entire year and has little or no peers in the comp.

It would be nice to see an Essendon player rightfully recognised though.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Some of the older one's on here will remember that his old man was a huge favourites a couple of times for no reward
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

dodgey wrote:Some of the older one's on here will remember that his old man was a huge favourites a couple of times for no reward
1980 he certainly was (at the ripe old age of 18/19). Merv Neagle ended up with more votes than him and Templeton winning the award.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:Jobe will do very well in the count this year.

I agree that Jobe would be around the mid 20's in voting at this stage. He'll go very close.

He probably deserves it, but whether he gets it or not remains to be seen...he has some stiff competition in Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Goodes and it won't matter how many games those guys miss, they will still be there abouts...

As for AA Captain, prolly deserves it, but I reckon Ablett will get the nod there also...
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Crazyman wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Jobe will do very well in the count this year.

He probably deserves it, but whether he gets it or not remains to be seen...he has some stiff competition in Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Goodes and it won't matter how many games those guys miss, they will still be there abouts...

As for AA Captain, prolly deserves it, but I reckon Ablett will get the nod there also...
Goodes is no where near All Australian on form, also part of the criteria is games played. Even if he was selected he's mostly been forward this year...
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote:
dodgey wrote:Some of the older one's on here will remember that his old man was a huge favourites a couple of times for no reward
1980 he certainly was (at the ripe old age of 18/19). Merv Neagle ended up with more votes than him and Templeton winning the award.
Yep Merv was runner-up and Tim came third - they kept taking votes off each other.

How good was that combo? Neagle, Watson, Madden, Williams =P~
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Yep Merv was runner-up and Tim came third - they kept taking votes off each other.

We had a great blend in the centre. Then Leaon Baker came along and made it superb. Don't forget Glenn Hawker in all this. He was supremely skilled and was all class.
Essendunny
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

BenDoolan wrote:
hop wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

We had a great blend in the centre. Then Leaon Baker came along and made it superb. Don't forget Glenn Hawker in all this. He was supremely skilled and was all class.

Add Shane Heard, Gary Foulds and Alan Ezard....and it only gets better
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

a lot of people talking up Beams for the brownlow after tonights game, surely Swan and Pendles will take votes off him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:a lot of people talking up Beams for the brownlow after tonights game, surely Swan and Pendles will take votes off him
Like Pendlebury stole them from Swan last year? :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Jobe would have gotten 4 votes in the last 2 games you would think, he would have to have 1 hand on it, 2-3 more votes and id feel comfortable risking a fair crack of money on him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its been a long time since a player won the Brownlow when their team missed the 8. I think that Crawford in 99 was the last one.

Let's hope our terrible form isn't going to cost him the medal.

The one I'm actually most worried about is Mitchell. Has had a great year, proven vote getter, team has won an awful lot of games.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

Staggy wrote:Its been a long time since a player won the Brownlow when their team missed the 8. I think that Crawford in 99 was the last one.

Let's hope our terrible form isn't going to cost him the medal.

The one I'm actually most worried about is Mitchell. Has had a great year, proven vote getter, team has won an awful lot of games.
Yep, Hawthorn's form will give Mitchell the 3 vote games whereas Jobe will have to contend with a bunch of 1 & 2 vote games simply as he was on the losing team.