Memberships for 2013

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Memberships for 2013

Post by Ronny Rotten »

I have a contact who works part time at EFC (no not one of the alleged "players") This person is in the admin division & has indicated that the club has received an extraordinary amount of letters & emails about the non performance of the rabble that plods onto the ground pretending to be going through the motions.

A large % of this correspondence is members not wanting to renew their memberships for 2013.

To back this up I have a close friend who wrote that they will not renew for 2013 & recently he received a personal phone call from the President, DAVID EVANS. This guy is not a sponsor but an ordinary member , a family man & a long time member. Evan's has taken it on himself to personally talk to my friend into sticking by the club. He mentioned BIG changes will be happening soon but would'nt say what they are , at the moment.

Now this mess must have reached crisis point for the President to get involved at this level..

As a long term member i will renew as i don't give up easily & i endured the 70's but i understand the sentiments of those who are devastated at the moment.

I wonder what the sponsers are saying now. Our brand recently has beeen tarnished & it's going to take an extraordinary 2013 to get some credibility back into the current playing list.

The great traditions of EFC are strong & will endure despite the mental fragility & ineptiude of some of the list.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Memberships for 2013

Post by Gyoza »

I think people that do or don't renew their membership based on the fortunes of the club on field are very soft.
Still an interesting story though.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

I think the collective threat of Non-Renewal is the most effective thing that members can do to bring about change. Even if its judt that, a threat, the club still cannot afford to lose the revenue it has no doubt budgeted for and secured loans against for the new training facillity.

Something has to be done, right?

We simply cannot stay in this viscious cycle that is now more that 10 years old.

It has to start with list management and frankly a clear out will result in a period of bottoming out - something we have never dained to do before but I believe it needs to happen. This might also have the effect of shaking the shit out of those who stay - guys like Ryder need to play to their potential every week not just once every four weeks

It then moves to coaching and player development and clearly on the fitness side, we are a joke

Finally it comes down to facilities and the club is at least adressing this issue with the Tullamrine set up

So, threatent to quit the club if thats what it takes to get them to do something new. And I do not think it makes you less a supporter to exercise this right coz right now, you are not getting what you paid for. To be honest, paying walk up rates will cost more than memebership rates! But you are still supporting the club.

A little people power goes a long way
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JockStrap wrote:I think the collective threat of Non-Renewal is the most effective thing that members can do to bring about change. Even if its judt that, a threat, the club still cannot afford to lose the revenue it has no doubt budgeted for and secured loans against for the new training facillity.

Something has to be done, right?

We simply cannot stay in this viscious cycle that is now more that 10 years old.

It has to start with list management and frankly a clear out will result in a period of bottoming out - something we have never dained to do before but I believe it needs to happen. This might also have the effect of shaking the shit out of those who stay - guys like Ryder need to play to their potential every week not just once every four weeks

It then moves to coaching and player development and clearly on the fitness side, we are a joke

Finally it comes down to facilities and the club is at least adressing this issue with the Tullamrine set up

So, threatent to quit the club if thats what it takes to get them to do something new. And I do not think it makes you less a supporter to exercise this right coz right now, you are not getting what you paid for. To be honest, paying walk up rates will cost more than memebership rates! But you are still supporting the club.

A little people power goes a long way
Well said.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BomberinJapan wrote:I think people that do or don't renew their membership based on the fortunes of the club on field are very soft.
Me too, but it happens. Even without this thread I was expecting another drop off for next year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

j-mac31 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:I think people that do or don't renew their membership based on the fortunes of the club on field are very soft.
Me too, but it happens. Even without this thread I was expecting another drop off for next year.
Yeah I can definitely believe it and I'm sure the numbers will be down next year. I'm not personally all that upset that next year will be the final year of my hiatus...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I will always be a member but geez im very happy to read this thread, I hope it's all true and big changes all over the club happen.... we need to change it up big time, need to shake our declining respect and attitude towards the game and leave the "same olds" at Windy Hill an forge a new strong culture at Tullamarine

I doubt a clean out of the ones that need to go will force us to bottom out... we have plenty of good players to keep us up there somewhere, just need to have a relatively injury free run for the boys and teach the younger guys how the play the game so our bottom 6-8 players can come in and do a role

the "do a role" concept seems to have never been on Essendon's minds
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

The way to fix the administration side of things.. Actually pay c**** a decent wage! Pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And yes, the joint is full of ****** monkeys!
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

Gimps wrote:The way to fix the administration side of things.. Actually pay c**** a decent wage! Pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And yes, the joint is full of ****** monkeys!
All that cash was used to pay out Knighta and to secure state of the art fitness coaches
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The membership department in general is one area that needs an overhaul. I've had a lot of problems with them over the last few years and it just isn't good enough.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:The membership department in general is one area that needs an overhaul. I've had a lot of problems with them over the last few years and it just isn't good enough.
They are F****** hopeless. They were slightly less incompetent this year, but still a mile off where they need to be..
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:The membership department in general is one area that needs an overhaul. I've had a lot of problems with them over the last few years and it just isn't good enough.
They are F****** hopeless. They were slightly less incompetent this year, but still a mile off where they need to be..
Get the Weapon onto them, that should sort them out. They will all have RSI from manning the phones within one week
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Did anyone hear Mark McClure (who I actually rate pretty highly despite the fact of who he played for) mentioning the word "litigation" in relation to all our injured players on the weekend. He mentioned Winderlich's name in particular. He commented that players managers may consider litigation over the way their clients careers have been jeopardised by the total stuff up of our (so called) fitness program.

VERY interesting comment I thought... Pure speculation or does he know something and might that not also be another reason why we are seeing this previously unheard of approach being taken by Evans.

We are being let off the hook (unfortunately IMO) by the media ATM with the Scum and Ratten copping all the negative publicity. But for me, a supporterr that can go back to the days of Coleman. I have never seen anything like this happen at ANY culb, let alone Essendon. Our on and off field problems have reached biblical proportions.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

pevfan wrote:Did anyone hear Mark McClure (who I actually rate pretty highly despite the fact of who he played for) mentioning the word "litigation" in relation to all our injured players on the weekend. He mentioned Winderlich's name in particular. He commented that players managers may consider litigation over the way their clients careers have been jeopardised by the total stuff up of our (so called) fitness program.

VERY interesting comment I thought... Pure speculation or does he know something and might that not also be another reason why we are seeing this previously unheard of approach being taken by Evans.

We are being let off the hook (unfortunately IMO) by the media ATM with the Scum and Ratten copping all the negative publicity. But for me, a supporterr that can go back to the days of Coleman. I have never seen anything like this happen at ANY culb, let alone Essendon. Our on and off field problems have reached biblical proportions.
Nonsense
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

bomberdonnie wrote:
pevfan wrote:Did anyone hear Mark McClure (who I actually rate pretty highly despite the fact of who he played for) mentioning the word "litigation" in relation to all our injured players on the weekend. He mentioned Winderlich's name in particular. He commented that players managers may consider litigation over the way their clients careers have been jeopardised by the total stuff up of our (so called) fitness program.

Nonsense
Licha is a deadset champion bloke, incredibly smart footballer too. Seriously tragedy his body is not up to AFL footy. But I seriously doubt its due to our fitness program. He would have been on his own modified program for a while considering his back, hamstring and knee problems.

If we had Jason Winderlich at full flight this whole season along with probably Zaharakis, I guarantee we would in a lot better position.

Cannot believe he would sue the club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bomberdonnie wrote: Nonsense
this
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What about his own lack of self discipline to do the right things by his body? It's well documented that he continually ignored the instructions of John Quinn and consequently spent many times on the sidelines with soft tissue injuries.
Essendunny
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

McClure only mentioned Licha as kind of his (McClure's) own example of the type of name that might theoretically be mentioned in any litigation that might arise....it was not meant to be a specific allegation about Winderlich.

McClure, I think, was trying to highlight the gravity of Essendon's stuff up of it's fitness program. A point well made IMHO. We deserve all the crap that's now going to be thrown at us. Personally, I think it's going too take years to recover from this...be prepared to bottom out guys.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

pevfan wrote:....trying to highlight the gravity of Essendon's stuff up of it's fitness program
Caroline Wilson described it as "gross mismanagement". Pretty close I reckon. "Amateur" and "f*****" also spring to mind.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Maclure is from which club?

Carlton!

He's being deliberately mischievous 'cause we're Essendon.

End of story.