The Weapon Sacked?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Re: The Weapon Sacked?

Post by pevfan »

The thing that really worries me and a point that I think a lot of us have forgotten is that our soft tissue problems haven't just started this season, they've been happening for years. The point I'm making is that a lot of our blokes were already bent and now because of the club's gross incompetance, they essentially, have been broken. Note I say THE CLUB'S... not just the Weapon as I'm sure he would have been given his terms of reference proceeded with his program with thee clubs blessing.

I have heard a lot of debate about the long term affects of all these ST injuries with on-going scar tissue repercussions. I can only hope and pray that the doomsayer experts (so called) are wrong and that with proper management all these "Broken" players can overcome their injuries and get their confidence and form back...but Gees, I'm going to be holding my breath next season. If the ST curse looks like continuing, I will really fear for our prospects, not just for next season but long term.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

pevfan wrote:The thing that really worries me and a point that I think a lot of us have forgotten is that our soft tissue problems haven't just started this season, they've been happening for years. The point I'm making is that a lot of our blokes were already bent and now because of the club's gross incompetance, they essentially, have been broken. Note I say THE CLUB'S... not just the Weapon as I'm sure he would have been given his terms of reference proceeded with his program with thee clubs blessing.

I have heard a lot of debate about the long term affects of all these ST injuries with on-going scar tissue repercussions. I can only hope and pray that the doomsayer experts (so called) are wrong and that with proper management all these "Broken" players can overcome their injuries and get their confidence and form back...but Gees, I'm going to be holding my breath next season. If the ST curse looks like continuing, I will really fear for our prospects, not just for next season but long term.
I seem to recall that a previous incarnation of this role was lovingly referred to as "HamQuinn"

You are right, our injury problems have been long standing and the management of the problem over the years reeks of negligence and amateurism
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

7 news just reported that the weapon has been sacked.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I thought he is being re-badged?

Fk me, what a shemozzle
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Geez what a disaster... Obviously the powers that be at the footy club put most of the blame for our poor second half on the season on his shoulders...Who is BT and Darc going to drool over now :P
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Alleged... interesting to know if it's true or not - will wait on the word from the club.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Very reactionary if true.....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mark Robinson reckons the report was false.

I believe he is still at the club just for the weights training. Someone else will be the "fitness" of "conditioning" trainer.

What's Peter Power doing these days?
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:Mark Robinson reckons the report was false.

I believe he is still at the club just for the weights training. Someone else will be the "fitness" of "conditioning" trainer.

Can we get the guy that trains the Chinese Women's Swimming Team?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gimps wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Mark Robinson reckons the report was false.

Can we get the guy that trains the Chinese Women's Swimming Team?
I think he is in Sydney
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bloody amature hour down at Essendon continues....

what qualifications does Corcoran have as a fitness coach? as far as I can tell he is a football manager
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Jazz_84 wrote:bloody amature hour down at Essendon continues....

what qualifications does Corcoran have as a fitness coach? as far as I can tell he is a football manager
Corcoran has plenty of qualifications. He was fitness coach last time he was at Essendon. He got Tim Watson fit in 1993.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BERT wrote:

Corcoran has plenty of qualifications. He was fitness coach last time he was at Essendon. He got Tim Watson fit in 1993.
ok my next question why wasn't he involved this year?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BERT wrote:

i think he worked with the athletcis team as well.

I saw that 7 was going to report the Weapon had been sacked, but haven't seen or heard it anywhere else.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also, has anyone else heard that he tries to get people to call his wife "Mrs Weapon".
:lol: #-o
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:Also, has anyone else heard that he tries to get people to call his wife "Mrs Weapon".
A few of us were standing around in the rooms before the Richmond game - me, the guy that got me in there, Bomber, Hirdy and The Weapon.. Just having a general chat. The Weapon was on another planet the whole time, in his own world. Bloody weird unit.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

j-mac31 wrote:Also, has anyone else heard that he tries to get people to call his wife "Mrs Weapon".

Hirdy, please meet my wife, Mrs Weapon

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ha ha ^^^^^
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I heard last night that he's going to take legal action against the club (considering it) because they have changed his role. What??? Howz about the club consider taking legal action against him for crippling our playing list....
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:I heard last night that he's going to take legal action against the club (considering it) because they have changed his role. What??? Howz about the club consider taking legal action against him for crippling our playing list....
I can understand suingif upyou get sacked to make sure you get all of your money, but surely something like this wuld makehis position untenable? Unless he quits too, but then he'd probably forfeit any money owed to him in the future because he broke the contract.