Jobe

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Jobe

Post by Gimps »

ealesy wrote:f*** me, he's dating a bird

:lol:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

By pure chance and dumb luck, last weekend I was sorting out some old high school stuff and came across a Football Record from his debut match against Geelong. It's quite something to scan the player list for 2003 to find his name, between Darren Walsh and Sean Wellman, and then to run your finger over the row of naughts that was the sum total of his career to that date.

I thought for a number of years that he had what it took to win it, but now he is the Brownlow Medallist I can't believe it.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

dom_105 wrote:By pure chance and dumb luck, last weekend I was sorting out some old high school stuff and came across a Football Record from his debut match against Geelong. It's quite something to scan the player list for 2003 to find his name, between Darren Walsh and Sean Wellman, and then to run your finger over the row of naughts that was the sum total of his career to that date.

I thought for a number of years that he had what it took to win it, but now he is the Brownlow Medallist I can't believe it.
I was at that game - the hype around the coming of SOT was unbelievable ... for (I think) 2 or 3 handballs ... when he was handed the matchball after the game on TV I remember he said somethink like -"thanks for this, its about the only way I can get my hands on the ball". Even back then - he was (and is) a class act - even though I am too often guilty of undervaluing Jobe's onfield and off-field contributions. Congratulations.

And Benny, you forgot to include the AFL Players' Award for Best Captain this year in your sig.
Last edited by s'dreams on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Maybe the best Essendon moment of my life. 2000 I was young, naive and was used to winning. This moment made me so proud to support this club and to witness and have met a Brownlow Medallist of our club. It's great to feel apart of it...we're all very proud of our captain! Nice to see everyone's reactions in this thread too.

Congrats Jobe :) Thoroughly deserved.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:
dom_105 wrote:By pure chance and dumb luck, last weekend I was sorting out some old high school stuff and came across a Football Record from his debut match against Geelong. It's quite something to scan the player list for 2003 to find his name, between Darren Walsh and Sean Wellman, and then to run your finger over the row of naughts that was the sum total of his career to that date.

I was at that game - the hype around the coming of SOT was unbelievable ... for (I think) 2 or 3 handballs ... when he was handed the matchball after the game on TV I remember he said somethink like -"thanks for this, its about the only way I can get my hands on the ball". Even back then - he was (and is) a class act - even though I am too often guilty of undervaluing Jobe's onfield and off-field contributions. Congratulations.

And Benny, you forgot to include the AFL Players' Award for Best Captain this year in your sig.
I've run out of characters in my sig!

Admin chiefs, please increase the allowance!!
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

A picture of hard work, dedication, commitment, passion and professionalism...

=D> =D> =D>
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendunny
StanMan
Top Up Player

Post by StanMan »

One of the most deserving Brownlow winners ever and a real down to earth person who leads by example as he certainly did in the second half of this season without much support.

I see the photos with Sheedy and the now infamous Sheedy quote - I wouldn't have given him the space. This is the same bloke who moved Ted Richards on as a dud.

Back to Tim - you have done yourself, dad and family proud son and now are a confirmed AFL legend.

Put your sights on what you deserve next - Captain of a Bomber Premiership team.

StanMan
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Well deserved. Great work, Jobe! He was on track to go close last year, too, before injuries cut him down.

=D>.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

JP_32 wrote:Maybe the best Essendon moment of my life. 2000 I was young, naive and was used to winning. This moment made me so proud to support this club and to witness and have met a Brownlow Medallist of our club. It's great to feel apart of it...we're all very proud of our captain! Nice to see everyone's reactions in this thread too.

Congrats Jobe :) Thoroughly deserved.

This plus 1 :D
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Still can't quite believe it this morning.
I thought Stants taking votes off him early and then our total collapse in the final rounds would cost him.
But it didn't! Yaaaaayyyy!!

Had a tear in my eye every time they flashed the camera across to Tim & Suzi. They must have been so proud.
The only reason Tim didn't win one was because he was surrounded by so many other great players that took votes off him.

Congratulations, Jobe. Very well deserved. Now the rest of you need to lift next year!!
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Congrats Jobe....

Fantastic way to cap off a stellar year. Hopefully others in the team can see what is required to become an elite AFL Footballer and are prepared to work as hard to tatse some of the same success...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

after Ablett didn't get any votes in round 21 I jumped up with excitement! such a great feeling having an Essendon player win the Brownlow, and that's before we ever talk about how outstanding he is as our captain!

I've seen 3 EFC Brownlow's but this is clearly the greatest of them, worked so damn hard to get where he is today, most deserving winner that I can think of

hope his team mates understand the same effort required to win shit
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Fantastic effort, a huge cheer went up in our household when he snagged the 3 votes in the Adelaide game.
Such a leader, and gentleman on and off the field.
Superb speech (unlike that dickhead from last year who could hardly string two words together) spoke from the heart and that's exactly what you want from a captain.

Even all my friends who despise Essendon were thrilled he won. He is a champ.

Congrats Jobe :D
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Dickhead Richmond supporters sooking about Cotchin being robbed and Watson not being a deserving winner of the Brownlow.

f****** muppets are so straved of any kind of success they make themselves look like complete and utter f***sticks of the highest order with this kind of bullshit.

Just about any of the blokes who finished in the top 5 would have been deserving winners.

Back to Jobe, hope we can win another Flag before he hangs up the boots because as he said Hird alluded to last night their is a greater reason as to why they play.

While the Brownlow is a bloody nice award to receive, I don't reckon Timmy Watson would ever consider giving up even one of his three Premierships for a Brownlow medal.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

What more can I say. Everyone here has pretty much said it all. Well done Jobe.

On a more sombre note - the best Essendon moment in 12 years - that's a 6th of most peoples lives

Let's hope this kickstarts some onfield sucess
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Went along to Whispy's function for the winner of the Brownlow at Crown last night and then partied on til this morning with him and the boys, and I must say, he is one of the most genuine, articulate, ripping blokes.... He has time for everyone, to talk about anything.

A much deserved winner, and everyone is bloody proud of you Whisp! Congrats
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

ealesy wrote:Back to Jobe, hope we can win another Flag before he hangs up the boots because as he said Hird alluded to last night their is a greater reason as to why they play.

While the Brownlow is a bloody nice award to receive, I don't reckon Timmy Watson would ever consider giving up even one of his three Premierships for a Brownlow medal.
Graham Moss is the only previous winner from Essendon who did not end his career with at least one premiership so the odds are good for Jobe [-o<
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

It has been rewarding for us to be able to have followed Jobe's career from a struggling, usure youth to an out and out champion.

One of the real pleasures of AFL is witnessing this transformation of an ugly duckling.

All power to the Skipper and may he lead us on to better times. This is one hell of a start.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark