2013 Fixture

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: 2013 Fixture

Post by little_ripper »

JockStrap wrote:I think its a tough draw and the road trips are all pretty demanding

My early call (and this is subject to serious review in about 5 months) is this looks like a 12-13 win draw for us. I repeat, an early call that could change dramatically as we see how the form of both the Bombers and other teams develop.
Your right on the road trips. Freo(A), WC(A), Syd(A), Adel(A) are the four hardest road trips in the AFL and we have all of them.

Meanwhile of the easiest PA(A),Bris(A),GWS(A),Suns(A) we only get GWS(A).

fwiw though, I think we are about even with Sydney Home or Away and we should hopefully catch Adelaide on the hop in round 1.

Essendon needs to be a win anywhere side like the Swans, Hawks or Pies before we are going to be taken seriously anyhow. the interstate sides all travel 10 times. We need to harden up and and produce on the road.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

We only play Sydney up there again. Where's Doolan? :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Pop the champagne for tv viewers. 17/22 games on 7 according to efc.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote:Pop the champagne for tv viewers. 17/22 games on 7 according to efc.
booooooooo I want HD recordings
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

little_ripper wrote:Pop the champagne for tv viewers. 17/22 games on 7 according to efc.
That's 17 chances of copping Tom Harley, Bruce, or Basil..
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
booooooooo I want HD recordings
Agree. f*** me, channel 7 are shit.
bomber91
Top Up Player

Post by bomber91 »

little_ripper wrote:
JockStrap wrote:I think its a tough draw and the road trips are all pretty demanding

My early call (and this is subject to serious review in about 5 months) is this looks like a 12-13 win draw for us. I repeat, an early call that could change dramatically as we see how the form of both the Bombers and other teams develop.
Your right on the road trips. Freo(A), WC(A), Syd(A), Adel(A) are the four hardest road trips in the AFL and we have all of them.

Meanwhile of the easiest PA(A),Bris(A),GWS(A),Suns(A) we only get GWS(A).

fwiw though, I think we are about even with Sydney Home or Away and we should hopefully catch Adelaide on the hop in round 1.

Essendon needs to be a win anywhere side like the Swans, Hawks or Pies before we are going to be taken seriously anyhow. the interstate sides all travel 10 times. We need to harden up and and produce on the road.
correct.. we got the draw we were entitled to given our 2012 ladder position.. it's about how much we improve/go backwards that will determine how we deal with it.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Not here in Perth...we get bumped if either of the local teams are playing on the same day/time
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Nothing to get excited about
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Such a yawn of a fixture... could've spread us around a bit more with interstate trips...at least one QLD game would've sufficed. Canberra, Wangaratta, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Perth, Sydney next year for me.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Nothing to get excited about
It is if you cannot afford Foxtel or are just against the idea of paying to watch footy on tele.