Simon Goosey.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Simon Goosey.

Post by j-mac31 »

Some clubs have had a whinge about us paying Goosey to scout for us, given that he is coach of a VFL team and we've picked up a few players from them over the past few years.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6527037464

Dodoro defends the role:
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Dod ... role/10238
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Simon Goosey.

Post by BenDoolan »

FMD, now I am beginning to understand what life must have been like under Communist zealots.

Is there anything in the AFL world that they don't try to exterminate if it isn't manufactured by Demetriou & Anderson?

What a f****** non story this is :roll:
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

What a ****** joke. Every club has scouts. Every club would have had scouts watching the VFL. If they couldn't see the potential of Hibberd etc, bad ****** luck. Wankers.
'51 Bewick

Post by '51 Bewick »

What exactly are they complaining about?
Is it that we are smarter than them, that we are quicker than them or that our bloke has a better grasp of what he is doing than them.
Geez, that is all old news, we have known that for years.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Under another scenario, a coach could play the likely draftee out of position to keep rival clubs off the recruiting scent.

There is no way a coach would jeopardise their clubs chance of success by playing a player out of position to hide the player.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:FMD, now I am beginning to understand what life must have been like under Communist zealots.

Is there anything in the AFL world that they don't try to exterminate if it isn't manufactured by Demetriou & Anderson?

Not to rain on your parade but where does it say either Anderson or Demetriou have an issue with it?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:FMD, now I am beginning to understand what life must have been like under Communist zealots.

Not to rain on your parade but where does it say either Anderson or Demetriou have an issue with it?
Where does it say they won't? Clubs complain, then they generally overreact....that's how they work.
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Where does it say they won't? Clubs complain, then they generally overreact....that's how they work.
Sure Demetriou and Anderson might be pompous, arrogant c***s but who says they don't do the job well. The AFL has never been in better shape and as a sport we lead by example. I'm sick of people whinging about these blokes when there is absolutely nothing to complain about.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Sure Demetriou and Anderson might be pompous, arrogant c***s but who says they don't do the job well. The AFL has never been in better shape and as a sport we lead by example. I'm sick of people whinging about these blokes when there is absolutely nothing to complain about.
Lets see, a rule change every 5 minutes, draft concessions beyond belief, flip flopping on deals like the Judd case, and just generally make things up as they go in true dictatorial style such as trying to make an example of players sliding into a contest part way into a season. I'm just as sick of people suggesting that their style of administration is beyond criticism. Whatd'ya reckon?
Essendunny
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

BenDoolan wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Lets see, a rule change every 5 minutes, draft concessions beyond belief, flip flopping on deals like the Judd case, and just generally make things up as they go in true dictatorial style such as trying to make an example of players sliding into a contest part way into a season. I'm just as sick of people suggesting that their style of administration is beyond criticism. Whatd'ya reckon?

More alarmingly, a league which despite record TV Broadcasting revenues has probably more clubs losing money than making money.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

BenDoolan wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Firstly they aren't on the rules committee, blame KB for all that. It's out of there control.

Draft concessions beyond belief?? Ha, maybe you could of had an arguement there if Gold Coast and GWS were in the finals this year and pushing for a flag next year. They will both still be the easy beats of the comp for the next few years. And what would your alternative be to draft concessions??

I agree with you on the Judd case, although they didn't flip flop. They just caved in and fixed the problem.

The sliding into other players issue... again, the rules committee and out of there control.

No they aren't above criticism, nobody should be. However, labeling them Communist Zealots is way over the top especially considering they haven't actually said or done anything in regards to Goosey and Essendon.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote: Firstly they aren't on the rules committee, blame KB for all that. It's out of there control.

Draft concessions beyond belief?? Ha, maybe you could of had an arguement there if Gold Coast and GWS were in the finals this year and pushing for a flag next year. They will both still be the easy beats of the comp for the next few years. And what would your alternative be to draft concessions??

I agree with you on the Judd case, although they didn't flip flop. They just caved in and fixed the problem.

The sliding into other players issue... again, the rules committee and out of there control.

No they aren't above criticism, nobody should be. However, labeling them Communist Zealots is way over the top especially considering they haven't actually said or done anything in regards to Goosey and Essendon.
Firstly, how do you blame KB for this shit......
Greater Western Sydney coach Kevin Sheedy has weighed in to the sliding debate, blasting the AFL for "changing the rules on the run" just hours after the league clarified its position on the issue.

AFL operations manager Adrian Anderson wrote to all 18 clubs on Thursday to notify them of crackdown in regard to sliding after several controversial citings this season.

Anderson said umpires have been instructed to pay free kicks against players who slide into contests feet-first and make contact with an opponent below the knee.

"The AFL's primary concern around the laws of the game continues to be the safety of our players," Anderson said.

"It is not illegal to slide to contest the ball, but players must be aware of the potential for injury if they slide into an opponent's knees or ankles.
You blame KB for that?

Now, draft concessions - what do I reckon they deserve? Seeing they can write an open cheque to any player in the comp due to salary cap favouritism, I believe a lot less than what they are entitled to. And on the subject of salary cap, just how is it appropriate for Brisbane and Sydney to continually get more in their cap than everyone else? You know how? When a dictator says they can.

Their pigheadedness regarding tanking is also a good example of their crap leadership. Everyone knew that rewarding clubs with priority picks would lead to tanking. But oh no, both tools said no club would ever deliberately lose games to finsih lower on the ladder. Now that a club admits to doing so, they try to punish it. What a f****** joke they are.

This comp is far from perfect. It's modelled on Communistic principles. And those two are communist zealots.

And just because they haven't said anything about Goosey and Essendon doesn't mean they won't. Why do you think they've moved on the Judd deal? Because Eddie McGuire has been complaining his arse off. So it stands to reason if other clubs start complaining their arse off in regards to this situation, they may very well move on that as well. Make sense?

Oh, and while you're applauding both clowns, lets give a standing ovation for the way they turned a blind eye to the GWS signing of Phil Davis outside of AFL rules. Yep, I'm sure glad there's nothing to complain about....
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hiding players?Try the establishment of DEVELOPMENT ACADEMIES by 1st WEST COAST and No doubt FREO(or should I say COCKBURN DOCKERS?)will follow in their tracks,PILFERING the best 15 and 16 year olds from the WAFL Colts system and hiding them from Eastern States Talent scouts.

Now that's something the AFL and Talent scouts(Whingeing about a 9AM Bouncedown)should REALLY Complain about.Calling KEVIN SHEEHAN!Care to POKE your nose in now,Pal? :evil:

The AFL won't act though,whilst their AXIS OF EVIL Swing a WRECKING BALL through the WAFL.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ZeroEffect wrote:Firstly they aren't on the rules committee, blame KB for all that. It's out of there control.
Angry is on the rules committee. He's the f****** chairman.

And any rule change still has to go through the Commission.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.