Team v Pies

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Team v Pies

Post by Jazz_84 »

IN: Hardingham, Colyer, Crameri

OUT: Hurley (ankle), Pears (omit), Melksham (omit)

covered injuries and "outs" very nicely i'd say
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Team v Pies

Post by BenDoolan »

Wow, Melksham actually dropped! That'll be a first.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ruthless down there at Bomber land
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I like Melksham so I'm sad to see him dropped.

Having said that, although he won a lot of footy last week, his use of the ball was awful.

Maybe a run in the twos will see him right.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Who were the emergencies named?

There is huge competition for spots now at Bomberland, especially once we get our suspended and injured players back over the coming weeks. Nice to see we aren't going in too tall against the Magpies. There is no Jolly and Cloke is there only key forward. Hardingham provides a lot more run and flexibility which Pears just can't quite offer.

Great to have Crammers back in the forward line. Id really like to see David Hille stamp himself on this game and try and expose Ben Hudson.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

After the selections last week I am backing the people in the know that they have got it right for this week.

For Melks I am not too concerned (although I was livid with his attempts at the speccies last week - yeah yeah one of them was probably not a free but anyway he shouldnt have tried to jump over TB and should have been at his feet waiting) I think it could well be a rotation as well. He is probably the weakest of the onballers at the moment so if we need something (like Colyer's pace) he is first off. But I wouldnt be surprised that over the coming weeks where possible we see Myers, Howlett, Hocking and god forbid even Jobe given a break as part of a rotation - assuming our depth stays strong. We can not afford a fade out again in the second half of the year so some asset management might be prudent.

Then again I could be completely wrong and Melks was caught screwing the neighbours cat and needs help.... :roll:
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Western Red wrote:After the selections last week I am backing the people in the know that they have got it right for this week.

For Melks I am not too concerned (although I was livid with his attempts at the speccies last week - yeah yeah one of them was probably not a free but anyway he shouldnt have tried to jump over TB and should have been at his feet waiting) I think it could well be a rotation as well. He is probably the weakest of the onballers at the moment so if we need something (like Colyer's pace) he is first off. But I wouldnt be surprised that over the coming weeks where possible we see Myers, Howlett, Hocking and god forbid even Jobe given a break as part of a rotation - assuming our depth stays strong. We can not afford a fade out again in the second half of the year so some asset management might be prudent.

Then again I could be completely wrong and Melks was caught screwing the neighbours cat and needs help.... :roll:
Do you really think our club would use a rotation policy? As a member I expect the best team available to play every week. This would obviously give us the best chance of winning. I guess it works for the Australian cricket team... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Western Red wrote:After the selections last week I am backing the people in the know that they have got it right for this week.

Do you really think our club would use a rotation policy? As a member I expect the best team available to play every week. This would obviously give us the best chance of winning. I guess it works for the Australian cricket team... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well use a different word to "rotation" - team balance / matchups - whatever you like I think the term I used "asset management" might be a better way of looking at it and if we got the chance to freshen up some of the hard running on ballers throughout the year wheres the issue?

Agree with you that we should have the best 22 in every week - but we can not have another shit second half...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jobe will certainly not be rested!! Players get rested in the forward line these days!!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Good ins. Needed more pace for the Filth. Melksham always looks far too slow especially on the G. Colyer is a good swap.
Hardingham gives us more mobility than Pears. Named in the FP against Brown which could work out well especially if Brown has groin issues.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »