The Pig

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The Pig

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:Nope was Gumby - there goes your BTer of the year award BD!! :lol:
Hmmmm......better check the replay again. The big long bomb into the forward line was marked by Crammer. And then he goaled. 3rd Q.

Unless you're talking about another kick?
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I have seen it three times now, it was Crameri.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Actually I was - the easy one when he got the handball from TB from the centre square infringement straight to Gumby...

Sorry - I will now automatically vote for you BD....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:Actually I was - the easy one when he got the handball from TB from the centre square infringement straight to Gumby...

Sorry - I will now automatically vote for you BD....
:lol:

Easiest votes I'll ever get! 8)
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

You can't really fault the way he plays, he's hard at, takes the game on and is probably one of the best kicks in the league. Just think only two years ago we had Henry Slattery playing instead...
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Just keeps getting better. Fast becoming one of my favourites.

That mark he took after the push from Swan was brilliant. Then he was straight on the attack. A vital part of our defence. He was missed last year when he went down with hamstring injuries, but seems to have had a huge preseason, and is really paying off. As has been said elsewhere on this board, he is in AA form at the moment.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Filled in for Fletch as the "go to" man due to his great left foot.

Full of admiration for this bloke and a special mention in dispatches for Bags who is very cool under fire and kicked well, apart from one blemish. In fact the whole backline were superb. Maybe we can survive when Fletch retires in 5 years!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Filled in for Fletch as the "go to" man due to his great left foot.

Full of admiration for this bloke and a special mention in dispatches for Bags who is very cool under fire and kicked well, apart from one blemish. In fact the whole backline were superb. Maybe we can survive when Fletch retires in 5 years!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:I have seen it three times now, it was Crameri.
I'm obviously thinking about a different one, because they showed the one I was thinking of on the news and it was Gumby.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:I have seen it three times now, it was Crameri.
I'm obviously thinking about a different one, because they showed the one I was thinking of on the news and it was Gumby.
Yeah I was talking about the one to Gumby but they were both f****** lovely to watch
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

My boy just keeps getting it done

That was his 28th game by the way... Great f****** pick up!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The great value we are getting from the Pig, together with a solid consistant performance from Bags, Demps going up several notches and yes, a good overall contribution from Hooker and we have a really solid back line even when the Old Bloke is resting up.

The drive we get from the Pig and Demps which sets up many of our thrusts into the forward line has been a feature of the year so far.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

His poise is amazing considering he hasn't played 30 games. Over the last ten years we have so often failed on early promise, to deliver a genuine performer. In the last three we've had Heppel, Carlisle and now Pig elevate themselves so early.

How is he placed contractwise?