David Evans

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

David Evans

Post by BenDoolan »

Glad we have this great bloke at the helm. I can't imagine where our club would be if Horsburgh was in Evans' position today.
I want to say a few words about the last week, and some of the reportage and speculation.

As you all know, we have been circumspect about what we have said in the media, and at times it has been very hard to watch all that is being said without fighting back and defending our players.

I would love to be standing here this afternoon giving a full account of what happened and how, and certainly I would love nothing more that to be correcting some of the more wild accusations and speculations.

But I ask you again for your patience while we let the AFL and ASADA investigation take its course.

I promise you this – every decision – I repeat every decision the Board has made since that day in early February has been to put our players best interests at heart – to get them through this investigation – to give them all the support that we can, and to continue to give them our strongest encouragement and confidence.

I want to thank Andrew Demetriou for his support of our club yesterday when he warned other clubs against what he called scurrilous innuendo that our players have some kind of advantage.

And I can also promise you this, whatever happened last year with what I have conceded were irregular practices – there is no advantage to our players and this will be proven.

What our players are showing this year is what wonderful and mature young men they are. We know some of them are real characters – but what we have seen this year is real character – grace under pressure, strength under fire, and a commitment to the collective – to each other and to the name of the Essendon Football Club. The older players are supporting the younger ones, the leaders are stepping up, the group is really looking after itself.

It is truly great to watch, and out of this very painful experience for our club, we can at least take some heart – that these young men are utter professionals who are doing their duty.

To do them justice, and to do our club justice, we too must be utterly professional and do our duty - and for the time being, that means cooperating with the investigation.

Thanks very much for your ongoing support.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: David Evans

Post by robbie67 »

Yeah, that was a great speech today. I f****** hope we sue c*** Wilson at the end of the this.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Just let the muppets in the media keep mouthing off, will just increase the damages when we sue.

The muppets at other clubs, well we will just have to smash them on the field!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

If we weren't 6-0 they'd be quiet.

It's just tactics at a different level.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I didn't attend today but was told at the High Mark pre-game address, Ryder told everyone that the stuff being printed is complete "bullshit", great to hear a player come out and say that... not sure what he was referring to or how much but still great to hear
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

The Essendon Football Club will be gracing the fields of the AFL in 100 years from now

I wish I could say the same about half a dozen other clubs in this competition
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Our club is all class at every level the moment. If anything this investigation has shown us we have the right people at board level who are great at there jobs and have our players and clubs best interests at heart. A huge mistake was made by employing Stephen Dank, at this stage this is all we actually know. Whatever else is revealed through the investigation we will get through it with the right people at the helm.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Interesting seeing Vlad and his kid in an Essendon scarf at the game yesterday.

I think Vlad's words and actions over the past week have been very reassuring. He clearly knows more than any of the media flogs who keep riding and whipping this particular dead-horse.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

hop wrote:Interesting seeing Vlad and his kid in an Essendon scarf at the game yesterday.

I think Vlad's words and actions over the past week have been very reassuring. He clearly knows more than any of the media flogs who keep riding and whipping this particular dead-horse.
Be that as it may, he has still f***** the game up for all and sundry is still a complete ****tard... :lol:
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

Vlad may be on the nose but I would rather him in my corner when push comes to shove. Whatever happens, he will do everything to ensure that Essendon gets through this episode - sure his motives may be selfish, but he knows that Essendon is a marquee club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

JockStraps wrote:Vlad may be on the nose but I would rather him in my corner when push comes to shove. Whatever happens, he will do everything to ensure that Essendon gets through this episode - sure his motives may be selfish, but he knows that Essendon is a marquee club.
Let's not forget that he is a close friend of Evans which cannot do us any harm in the long run.

For the overall strength of the competition and Essendon's vast drawing power, Vlad would be horrified if the club was no longer involved in this or next year's comp.

It has been extraordinary to gauge how he has modified his outpourings in the last couple of weeks. Let’s hope this "privileged info" he keeps referring to is in fact in our favour
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Goign to stand for re-election as soon as he can. I can't see him not being voted back in easily.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:Goign to stand for re-election as soon as he can. I can't see him not being voted back in easily.
Good on him for doing it. He will be elected again with a great show of confidence.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Loved seeing him sneer at Caro on more than one occasion today
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Loved seeing him sneer at Caro on more than one occasion today
Was going to say the same thing. Absolute daggers. Loved it!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Geez - doesn't wilson understand that she comes across as shrill and bullying - she talked across everyone looking for a "smoking gun" when Evans said straight up that he couldn't discuss the drugs/suppliments/erotic struff (loved the erotic)

Evans - great performance - though detractors were aplenty from mainly CFC aligned commentators and fans... outstanding and unbelivable hypocracy re club administration and board performance (eh Richard/Jenny?).

SEN also shameful - apology for sloppy procedues = admission of drug cheating that is "still delivering benefits" due to "muscle memory" ... Quote "have you seen the size of the essendon players?[as if no other club has the size]" yes the bearded (un) wonder and the whorethorn whore in the arvo wrere demanding the stripping of points... and heads to roll

What shits me most is the smearing of Switzkowsky (apols if not spelt correctly)... the guy trained as a nuclear physicist and needs to be 3rd person impartial/detached/honest in his professional work. But according to SEN this arvo and the AGE he was compromised because he supports essendon.

IMO - Dr S should consulting lawyers re slagging off about his honesty and competency.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I'm surprised he even took her questions, I would have completely ignored her
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Jazz_84 wrote:I'm surprised he even took her questions, I would have completely ignored her
I wouldn't have ignored her...I would have called her out for the shithouse 'journalist' she claims to be...and then I would have asked to shut her piehole and listen for a change...
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

Why they would even let the smegma ridden skank into the presser beggars belief - I don't care how farked up we are, she should never be allowed within a million miles of an Essendon player or official ever again.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

JockStraps wrote:Why they would even let the smegma ridden skank into the presser beggars belief - I don't care how farked up we are, she should never be allowed within a million miles of an Essendon player or official ever again.
or a microphone, in front of any camera in the land, pen & paper, laptop, desktop pc, tablet, android device or any other form of technology that enables her to spout her vitriolic rambling bullshit...