Pears and Jetta

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Pears and Jetta

Post by robbie67 »

Back to the magoos, where you both belong.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Re: Pears and Jetta

Post by JockStraps »

no argument here

with 5 certain ins next week these two will have to make way

Stanton likely to miss so the other 2 outs will be tough to pick
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

JockStraps wrote:no argument here

with 5 certain ins next week these two will have to make way

Stanton likely to miss so the other 2 outs will be tough to pick
Hille will be one for certain...probably Jackson Merrett and Hardingham (hard done by, but the ins are auto with Fletch, Hurls, Ryder & Heppell)
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Jetta has always been inconsistent, flashing in and out of the game but contributing very little overall - so no surprise there.

But Pears I really can't work out. He showed really good signs early in his career but now is second to the contest, misjudges the flight of the ball, gives away silly free kicks and does silly little chip kicks sideways when he does get it.

Obviously, we missed Carlisle and Fletcher, but even Hooker and Hardingham looked much better than Pears.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote: But Pears I really can't work out. He showed really good signs early in his career but now is second to the contest, misjudges the flight of the ball, gives away silly free kicks and does silly little chip kicks sideways when he does get it.
It's got me f***** whatever happened to his talent and ability. I know he's had horrendous injuries, but he looks totally at sea. I remember feeling this bloke could be better than Hurley about 4 years ago!
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

In the comeback game on ANZAC day, Pears was in great touch. He's not a shadow on that player ATM. Hardingham was good yesterday which is very good sign for our defense, it gives us flexibility to adjust to the smaller forward lines by changing him and Hooker.

Jetta out of our best 22 ATM, but he is working hard in the 2s, so hopefully he can add the consistency he needs to be part of the midfield rotation.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:In the comeback game on ANZAC day, Pears was in great touch. He's not a shadow on that player ATM. Hardingham was good yesterday which is very good sign for our defense, it gives us flexibility to adjust to the smaller forward lines by changing him and Hooker.

Jetta out of our best 22 ATM, but he is working hard in the 2s, so hopefully he can add the consistency he needs to be part of the midfield rotation.
I feel sorry for them in a way. They come back into the team on the day that the rest of the team playing like f****** panicking mongoloids.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I'm bewildered with Pears also.... can't understand what's happened to him, he was so very good in his early games, now he dominates at VFL and then loses his naanaa's in the AFL. we are damn lucky to have found Carlisle
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yep, agree. I gave up on Jetta late 2011 from memory, he's not up to it. I think we've all been willing to cut Pears a lot of slack due to his injury situation but he's now been fully fit for a few seasons and he's showing no signs of improvement at all. His situation is close to terminal in terms of being an AFL level player.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Gimps wrote:
Sismis wrote:In the comeback game on ANZAC day, Pears was in great touch. He's not a shadow on that player ATM. Hardingham was good yesterday which is very good sign for our defense, it gives us flexibility to adjust to the smaller forward lines by changing him and Hooker.

I feel sorry for them in a way. They come back into the team on the day that the rest of the team playing like f****** panicking mongoloids.
Ummmm... Pears and Jetta were probably the two biggest panicking mongoloids in red and black yesterday. The problem with Pears and Jetta is that their games yesterday were par for the course given how they've played over the last 2-3 years, regardless of how the team is going.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I think that Pears is an older style FB who hasn't quite adapted to the new rules and gamestyles brought in over the past couple of years -he gave away too many soft frees yeterday and when he tried to avoid giving the free, gave his opponent too much lattitude. I suspect that Scarlett would also struggle with these new interpretations.

After injury, Pears also seems appreciably slower than the game requires and his closing speed just aint there.

I want to believe - but Carsile has passed him by.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Pears seems lost out there. Showed how much we missed Fletch & Carlisle even against ordinary opposition.

As for Jetta he seemed scared to even go for the ball. Kommer is a much better option in the same type of role.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yesterday was their opportunity to stake a claim to keep their spots in the senior team and both of them failed.

Pears is out of contract and I hope we offer him to the WA clubs and see what we can get for him. In saying that though we will be in need of a third tall defender once Fletch retires.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Pears had a tall order in trying to out do Cameron I thought. Cameron is very good and may continue to be an excellent tall forward. When they were hot in the first half their excellent F50 delivery had Pears at a huge disadvantage, one only a taller player may have overcome. Cameron was marking them at the highest point so a taller opponent really was necessary.
Just now, Pears is a defender for the 3rd forward, as Hooker is a defender for the 2nd.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

F111 wrote:Pears had a tall order in trying to out do Cameron I thought. Cameron is very good and may continue to be an excellent tall forward. When they were hot in the first half their excellent F50 delivery had Pears at a huge disadvantage, one only a taller player may have overcome. Cameron was marking them at the highest point so a taller opponent really was necessary.
Just now, Pears is a defender for the 3rd forward, as Hooker is a defender for the 2nd.
That's true and Cameron was playing some good footy yesterday. It's a real shame about Pears as we all know he could be a much better player than what he is at the moment. He's just not big enough to go with the power forwards and not mobile enough to go with the rest. For instance if Pears was playing against us and on our 3rd tall forward that would most likely be Crameri. Crameri would rip him a new asshole.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

ZeroEffect wrote:
F111 wrote:Pears had a tall order in trying to out do Cameron I thought. Cameron is very good and may continue to be an excellent tall forward. When they were hot in the first half their excellent F50 delivery had Pears at a huge disadvantage, one only a taller player may have overcome. Cameron was marking them at the highest point so a taller opponent really was necessary.
That's true and Cameron was playing some good footy yesterday. It's a real shame about Pears as we all know he could be a much better player than what he is at the moment. He's just not big enough to go with the power forwards and not mobile enough to go with the rest. For instance if Pears was playing against us and on our 3rd tall forward that would most likely be Crameri. Crameri would rip him a new asshole.
Indeed
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

pears afl days are over.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:Pears had a tall order in trying to out do Cameron I thought. Cameron is very good and may continue to be an excellent tall forward.
I agree with this, but Pears looked completely lost this week. Shame he's dropped so far, lucky we've found Carlisle.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

Great story on Tayte Pears in this weeks edition of The Hanger

I think we may b judging this guy too harshly when you see what he has been through injury wise. He could be a real dark horse for us once he gets his confidence back
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

JockStraps wrote:Great story on Tayte Pears in this weeks edition of The Hanger

I think we may b judging this guy too harshly when you see what he has been through injury wise. He could be a real dark horse for us once he gets his confidence back
Yeah saw this and fully agree