Team V Gold c****

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Team V Gold c****

Post by Jazz_84 »

OUT: Fletcher (groin) Hams (omitted)

IN: Pears, Merrett

am keen to see Pears, apparently BOG or close too in VFL last 5 weeks
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: Team V Gold c****

Post by Western Red »

So no Bellchambers!! Interesting - watch the media jump all over this as a sign his papers are stamped etc etc etc....
bomberchampion
Top Up Player

Post by bomberchampion »

Western Red wrote:So no Bellchambers!! Interesting - watch the media jump all over this as a sign his papers are stamped etc etc etc....
Very odd
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Western Red wrote:So no Bellchambers!! Interesting - watch the media jump all over this as a sign his papers are stamped etc etc etc....
Im a bit concerned that we aren't playing him as obviously he isn't injured, unless the club aren't telling us something. He has proven himself to be a very reliable ruckman and a danger when he goes forward, is out of contract and im sure his management will be fielding enquiries from numerous clubs.

With Hille set to retire we can't afford to lose TB.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

TB has been our best ruckman this season.

there is no good reason not to play him esp. since he is out of contract at seasons end. if he is fit and he is, then these omissions will only serve to inspire him to leave and sign elsewhere.

the only reason I can see he is not playing is because he may very well have already committed to go elsewhere. so if that is the case why would the club essentially "waste" games on him now when we will be without his services next season. best to blood JD now and work on the new team going forward.

sheeds did say he was going hard after essendon players recently. maybe he has committed to GWS already.

who was the player that did this with GCS when they were poaching? i remember a player who was a regular just didnt get games after that because he had already committed to the suns.
Last edited by DC2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Very strange with TB - I'm wondering if he's told the club he doesn't want to hang around cause I can't think of any reason he wouldn't be playing...unless he is being punished for something that hasn't been made public to date....
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Crazyman wrote:Very strange with TB - I'm wondering if he's told the club he doesn't want to hang around cause I can't think of any reason he wouldn't be playing...unless he is being punished for something that hasn't been made public to date....
He is only named on the bench for the VFL team which makes me think he wont be playing there either and may have a mystery injury??

Why would he give up the chance to be number 1 ruck at the EFC to go elsewhere? Unless we are committed to JD & Ryder as the ruckmen and keeping Gumby forward?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Very strange with TB - I'm wondering if he's told the club he doesn't want to hang around cause I can't think of any reason he wouldn't be playing...unless he is being punished for something that hasn't been made public to date....
He is only named on the bench for the VFL team which makes me think he wont be playing there either and may have a mystery injury??

Why would he give up the chance to be number 1 ruck at the EFC to go elsewhere? Unless we are committed to JD & Ryder as the ruckmen and keeping Gumby forward?
Steve Allesio's niece is an amazing ruck ... would be ground-breaking!!!

Would think that if T'Bell has signed with another club - there would be an announcement and a look to the frutre from the EFC... dealing with BS and uncertainty is not needed at the club at this stage.

s'd
Last edited by s'dreams on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Smells of a club imposed sanction to me.
If he was injured then there'd be no reason not to announce it.
If he was leaving the club, there's still no reason not to keep playing him - his form has been good, and bottom line is the club want to win.
Didn't it take a few days before we found out Dempsey had been sanctioned earlier this year?? They've just managed to keep this one quiet longer.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

You guys are reading into this too much, surely they just want to give JD a bit of a run in the seniors now that he's played his first game. We obviously can't have all 3 big blokes running around. JD will be dropped for Bellchambers in the next 2 or 3 weeks and everything will be back to normal.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Nah, can't see that being the reason.
Why would you drop your number one ruckman just to give a newbie a go (even if the newbie is Joe Daniher). Messing with form is silly. Would have made more sense to leave Hurley out last week (to ensure he was recovered from injury) and play JD in his place instead of TBC.
Besides, it hasn't worked that way for anyone else - Merrett, Colyer, Jetta, Kav have all had a week in and then straight back out
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

nudder12 wrote:Nah, can't see that being the reason.
Why would you drop your number one ruckman just to give a newbie a go (even if the newbie is Joe Daniher). Messing with form is silly. Would have made more sense to leave Hurley out last week (to ensure he was recovered from injury) and play JD in his place instead of TBC.
Besides, it hasn't worked that way for anyone else - Merrett, Colyer, Jetta, Kav have all had a week in and then straight back out
True about those players...

However, earlier on this week Hird said he wasn't in the business of dropping players after only 1 game. Maybe he's changed his philosophy?

I don't know what makes you think Bellchambers was in form, his last few matches were ordinary.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I don't think Tom has been playing that well of late. Simple as that. He has been v good in patches this year

Would like to see him dominate in the VFL this weekend, run into some form.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I don't see the issue with giving these young players a game here and there. You might as well do it now before heading into finals, if we do. But I can't see Joe D making the trip over to Perth so expect him to be out after the bye. At least they're getting a taste of the big stuff. Least for once we get to see a bit of our younger listed players in the seniors.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Daniher's a forward.
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Why would he give up the chance to be number 1 ruck at the EFC to go elsewhere? Unless we are committed to JD & Ryder as the ruckmen and keeping Gumby forward?
GWS are trying to get a young ruckman. To answer your first question - money.

Another possibility is that Hird and co. weren't happy with the output of Ryder and TB as a combination - which is fair enough - so want to go with just the one. I think Bellchambers has been better this year (and probably last year as well) but perhaps for whatever reason they think Ryder is a better option to go it alone.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

j-mac31 wrote:Daniher's a forward.
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Why would he give up the chance to be number 1 ruck at the EFC to go elsewhere? Unless we are committed to JD & Ryder as the ruckmen and keeping Gumby forward?
GWS are trying to get a young ruckman. To answer your first question - money.
exactly. im not sure what people are thinking, money talks and always has. GWS are cashed up. TB is one of the best young rucks in the comp. they gave scully, what was it 800,000? or something ridiculous like that. guys not even close to being worth that or whatever he got paid to leave. Imagine what they would offer TB? You think he would knock back 600,000? What are we prepared to offer him?

i hope its a club imposed sanction because i cant see why they are not playing him.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm hoping it's a niggle and that this is the best time to rest him with a bye next game. Total recovery for a strong run to the finals. Cup half full.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

little_ripper wrote: Would like to see him dominate in the VFL this weekend, run into some form.
This is the whole problem - he didn't play at all last week, and may not again this week.
Not announced as injured, so WTF is going on?

Whatever it is, it's pretty shit by the club to be keeping members so much in the dark. Even if they made up some story it'd be better than the nothing we've got so far.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

nudder12 wrote:
little_ripper wrote: Would like to see him dominate in the VFL this weekend, run into some form.
This is the whole problem - he didn't play at all last week, and may not again this week.
Not announced as injured, so WTF is going on?

Whatever it is, it's pretty shit by the club to be keeping members so much in the dark. Even if they made up some story it'd be better than the nothing we've got so far.
Really? He's missed one game. One game in almost half a season and he's been named to play in the VFL this week. You really think there is a conspiracy lurking behind his omission and you even want the club to lie to us about it? Why??

These are the things we know...
JD has been smashing it in the two's all year, he deserved to get a game.
TBC has been shouldering most of the ruck duties for much of the season with Ryder missing a month.
TBC was dropped for JD after some indifferent form, JD was ok and probably deserves to get a game this week.
TBC was rested and has been named in the two's this weekend.

That's it, that's all we have. I think your over complicating things.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

These are the games that I really dread. The tipsters have us at about 25/1, the bookies have us at $1.17 and I am about as confident as the Labor party in September!!

Just once, wouldn't it be nice to have a comfortable win by about 6-8 goals. (I don't include Melbourne in this category).
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark