Jobe !

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Jobe !

Post by MH_Bomber »

Just a suggestion, but if opposition supporters want to try that disgraceful tactic again, perhaps Bomber supporters could counteract with a very loud "Jobe !" as he racks up each magnificent possession to drown out that ugly nonsense.

Jobe Watson epitomises the words "Fairest and Best". I have never seen him do anything untoward on the football field. He has honed his craft over each year of his football career to make himself the best player he can possibly be by sheer hard work. He is a magnificent leader of our football cub and I am proud of him.

I am not sure, but I don't think fans of Melbourne based clubs would attempt this here.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Re: Jobe !

Post by ZeroEffect »

Great idea, great post and well said. The bloke is a legend and what the eagles supporters did to him and our team was shameful. Hopefully we can end this saga with the media having egg on there face, a premiership and Watson getting another Brownlow.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I think we should make it a tradition for every home game against these f****** c**** to boo every single last dying possession that they get.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The booing was a disgrace. Even the Channel 7 commentators (normally pretty biased against us) remarked several times on what poor form it was. I notice Hirdy thanked them specifically for their support on this in his post-match interview.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

"Timmy!"
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not that fussed about the booing. To be honest, I think we've escaped pretty lightly with opposition supporters this year. I expected a lot of wrath - especially from cockhead Blues supporters. Not a whimper from anyone near me whatsoever this year.

I expected a fair bit of booing last night. And no-one really should be surprised. It isn't the worst thing I've seen / heard. The worst I've seen / heard is from our own when they did it to Stanton a couple of years back. And Salmon before that. That was truly disgraceful.

Jobe is a great bloke and great player. He doesn't deserve to be booed for who he is. But making public comments that he may have taken a banned substance will naturally rile certain people. It's to be expected. What I witnessed last night was something amazing. It was the measure of the man to cope with what was dished up to him, yet was able to concentrate and get the job done to help win the game. Outstanding stuff. I got a lump in the throat when I saw the emotion on his face. Raw.
Essendunny
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

I think cheering Jobe rather than wasting our breath by booing opponents is the way to go. Lets not become like them
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

JockStraps wrote:I think cheering Jobe rather than wasting our breath by booing opponents is the way to go. Lets not become like them
Ditto. Let's rise above them where we belong, rather than stoop to their level.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

That was the idea of this post.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber