Members of the Media who Aren't Complete f****

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Members of the Media who Aren't Complete f****

Post by ealesy »

1. Rohan Connelly'
2. Luke Darcy

Any others...any others prepared to wait until the ASADA investigation has been completed before trying to hang, draw and quarter the club and everyone involved in the club.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Members of the Media who Aren't Complete f****

Post by robbie67 »

Also Peter Hanlon
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Matt (I think) Finey from SEN ... BTW - not a bombers supporter

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jon Ralph said it would be a disgrace if Watson was banned.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robrulz5 wrote:Jon Ralph said it would be a disgrace if Watson was banned.
Doesn't even up the tally tho...
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Ralph is one of the worst. He wants us to go down for this as it's a better story. Flog of the highest order. He blocked me on twitter tonight for this outrageous tweet
@RalphyHeraldSun Geez you talk a load of shit. #getthefacts
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Did you see the first table intro? BT, Richo, Darcy and Ling defended us and Jobe in particular up to the eye-balls. They even showed the ACC quote "not a WADA prohibited substance".

f*** me this is a roller-coaster. Sometimes I think we are in real shit, and others I think common sense will prevail somewhere soon enough.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Luke Darcy is a dickhead.
s'dreams wrote:Matt (I think) Finey from SEN ... BTW - not a bombers supporter
Mark. Often called "Viney" by callers and messagers, but he only calls them on it when it's an abusive text.

He's a dickhead (hence the countless abusive texts) but he is reasonable on issues like the drugs "scandal".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

The one who has had our backs from the very start is Sam Newman. Every week he gives it to that dickhead Barrett and he had no idea what to say back to him.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

lozza89 wrote:The one who has had our backs from the very start is Sam Newman. Every week he gives it to that dickhead Barrett and he had no idea what to say back to him.
I dont think Barrett even understands what Sam is saying half the time
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

bomberdonnie wrote:
lozza89 wrote:The one who has had our backs from the very start is Sam Newman. Every week he gives it to that dickhead Barrett and he had no idea what to say back to him.
Does ANYONE understand what Sam says half the time?

(I agree Sam has defended us, though)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

billyduckworth wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Does ANYONE understand what Sam says half the time?

(I agree Sam has defended us, though)
Well no but I really meant that Sam is clearly taking the piss out of him the whole time and he doesnt get it
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

There's three who have stood up this week...

Mick Malthouse
Neil Craig
Eddie McGuire

Oh ... sorry ... you say they're not journalists .... well tell me just who on any of the media avenues in this whole farrago of bullshit is a proper journalist!

What suprises me is that given the amount of bile and vitriol delivered by the journalists at the EFC, Hirdy, Bomber and Jobe ... the journos are now shocked at the reaction of some of their readers/members of the public ... f****** hypocrytes

s'd
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Matthew Richardson is being pretty decent throughout this too
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

j-mac31 wrote:Luke Darcy is a dickhead.
Mark. Often called "Viney" by callers and messagers, but he only calls them on it when it's an abusive text.

He's a dickhead (hence the countless abusive texts) but he is reasonable on issues like the drugs "scandal".
That's pretty harsh on both Darcy and Finey. I'm fairly indifferent when it comes to Darcy but I listen to Mark Fine most nights and he is a great football person and a great bloke even if he is a Saints supporter. Also I would say he's been more than reasonable on the drugs "scandal", he's been savage on Caroline Wilson and Patrick Smith and other sections of the media. He's keen for us to prove our innocence.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:

That's pretty harsh on both Darcy and Finey. I'm fairly indifferent when it comes to Darcy but I listen to Mark Fine most nights and he is a great football person and a great bloke even if he is a Saints supporter. Also I would say he's been more than reasonable on the drugs "scandal", he's been savage on Caroline Wilson and Patrick Smith and other sections of the media. He's keen for us to prove our innocence.
Tend to agree with you.

In the past I used to think the guy was just a hot head who couldn't stand people disagreeing with him. I actually wanted to call through just to bait him into a rage (which really isn't hard to do). But his criticism of the critics has been outstanding.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

ZeroEffect wrote:

I've been barred from sending text messages to SEN because Mark Fine couldn't cope with articulate crticism. This bloke runs his evening program as a bully-pulpit for his own often simplistic and biased opinions.

Interesting - in the arly days of SEN he would often quote my texts as words of wisdom of his own - but the moment I became critical - he sooked-up big time. One evening he even rang my mobile during a commercial break (which there are a lot of) to give me a serve. This is how prckly and over-sensitive he is.

He has only backed us during the 'Drug Scandal' because he hates the entire investigation that was sparked by Jason Clare and Kate Lundy at that infamous press conference. The 'Darkest day in Sport' tag is something he has ranted and fumed about since day 1 - (Derryn Hinch style) - primarily because he is arch-conservative who wants any current Federal Government Minister thrown in jail for life. He has allowed his political agenda to overshadow any balanced judgement. Backing us makes the claim of 'Darkest day" seem silly in his little mind - and he keeps flogging this particular dead horse.

His other obsession is St Kilda Football Club - he cannot go more than 30 minutes on air without mentioning them. More bias.

This was the reason he rang me directly and why I have been banned from this radio station. I text him one evening that I bet he couldn't do a first hour of his show (any night) without a mention of his beloved Aints. To back it up I had the exact time, for the previous week, where he had brought them into discussion within the first hour - I think the longest period before he mentioned them for the 5 previous nights was about 18 minutes.

A vast majority of the other commentators and presenters on that station also consider him a bit of a joke.

He is a flog of the first order.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

^^^
Gold.

It's good that he supports us through this and uses some sense instead of sensationalism. But you only have to listen to what happens when he gets bagged even a little to see he is a dickhead. I only hear him on his Sunday night show and I'm not really sure why I listen except I guess it's funny when he gets angry. Which is often.

I referred to Darcy as a dickhead in the self important wanker category. And he has the Brereton problem of trying to sound much more smarterer than he really is.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:

I've been barred from sending text messages to SEN because Mark Fine couldn't cope with articulate crticism. This bloke runs his evening program as a bully-pulpit for his own often simplistic and biased opinions.

Interesting - in the arly days of SEN he would often quote my texts as words of wisdom of his own - but the moment I became critical - he sooked-up big time. One evening he even rang my mobile during a commercial break (which there are a lot of) to give me a serve. This is how prckly and over-sensitive he is.

He has only backed us during the 'Drug Scandal' because he hates the entire investigation that was sparked by Jason Clare and Kate Lundy at that infamous press conference. The 'Darkest day in Sport' tag is something he has ranted and fumed about since day 1 - (Derryn Hinch style) - primarily because he is arch-conservative who wants any current Federal Government Minister thrown in jail for life. He has allowed his political agenda to overshadow any balanced judgement. Backing us makes the claim of 'Darkest day" seem silly in his little mind - and he keeps flogging this particular dead horse.

His other obsession is St Kilda Football Club - he cannot go more than 30 minutes on air without mentioning them. More bias.

This was the reason he rang me directly and why I have been banned from this radio station. I text him one evening that I bet he couldn't do a first hour of his show (any night) without a mention of his beloved Aints. To back it up I had the exact time, for the previous week, where he had brought them into discussion within the first hour - I think the longest period before he mentioned them for the 5 previous nights was about 18 minutes.

A vast majority of the other commentators and presenters on that station also consider him a bit of a joke.

He is a flog of the first order.
Haha....legend. You've done what I wanted to do. Well done! =D>
Essendunny