f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: f*** off..

Post by BenDoolan »

little_ripper wrote:sells newspapers. that's a journalists primary job.

she really stuck the boot into hirdy. she wants to claim a scalp for her career.

I wish she`d cover politics and leave sport alone.
Sells newspapers? It's the exact reason why I stopped buying them!
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

How will we "cast a pall over the integrity of the 2013 finals series" if we are found innocent?

I hope the club goes after her in a big way when all of this blows over, it may just change the media's perception on writing articles without facts.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robrulz5 wrote:How will we "cast a pall over the integrity of the 2013 finals series" if we are found innocent?

I hope the club goes after her in a big way when all of this blows over, it may just change the media's perception on writing articles without facts.
Yes indeed. I hope we are cleared (if we in fact have acted in a reasonable and compliant manner) and I hope we savage this women into oblivion.
bomberchampion
Top Up Player

Post by bomberchampion »

tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:How will we "cast a pall over the integrity of the 2013 finals series" if we are found innocent?

Yes indeed. I hope we are cleared (if we in fact have acted in a reasonable and compliant manner) and I hope we savage this women into oblivion.
I will pay someone 10,000 if they managed to publicly hung her from windy hill.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

AFL's answer to Kyle Sandilands.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Can one of BTs poets make a spoof of "Caroline" by Outkast?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robrulz5 wrote:Can one of BTs poets make a spoof of "Caroline" by Outkast?
Sorry... shes not worth the effort....
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yeah f*** soiling the genius of Outkast with that shit
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

The legal expert in me suggest this piece printed by Fairfax today and source from AAP and not one of its in house journos is a strategic play at presenting a "balanced approach" to the Essendon Supplements Scandal

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... 2q8dr.html

A direct reference to Wilson's rant in yesterdays The Age newspaper leaves no doubt in my mind that the editors have probably realized that they have pushed their own envelope too far in a journalistically experimental environment. Thus their decision to print this article. This is like the boss making an example of a bad employee to cover his own arse.

I honestly doubt we will hear another word from Wilson until after the investigation findings are releases and god help her if it is shown Essendon has no case to answer to.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hird building a case for defamation. Using words like "very hurtful" and "very damaging" indicates this, particularly when it's accompanied with words like "half truths" and "lies".

Hi Caro!
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

JockStraps wrote:pushed their own envelope too far in a journalistically experimental environment
Great use of the phrase =D>
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

Ossie -you're an journo so hopefully you'll know the answer to this. In a defamation case about something that has been printed or gone to air in a newspaper, bulletin etc, who gets sued? The journo? The organisation they work for? Both?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:

she really stuck the boot into hirdy. she wants to claim a scalp for her career.

Does anyone actually buy the paper for Caro's crap though? There's far more to the news than just sport (that may surprise some people) and Caro is a tiny part of the sport section.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

John Fahey says the WADA code is the only document that matters "full stop".
Had a look at s6 mate? seems to be applied rather arbitrarily in our sport you f*** stick.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Does anyone actually buy the paper for Caro's crap though? There's far more to the news than just sport (that may surprise some people) and Caro is a tiny part of the sport section.
It's not just about Caro, it's how things are "reported" in general. A lot of it is sensational and they just try to shock and outrage the reader. They do it in general news, and sport has followed suit.

However, every time I walk around Etihad and some guy is handing out free Age newspapers, I ask "is that the newspaper that the shitbox Caroline Wilson writes for?", the answer is always "yes", then I just say "no thanks". I don't even take the f****** junk away for free.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

vern wrote:Ossie -you're an journo so hopefully you'll know the answer to this. In a defamation case about something that has been printed or gone to air in a newspaper, bulletin etc, who gets sued? The journo? The organisation they work for? Both?
Either or both. In this case it will be both as she has constantly used the title of 'Chief Football Writer' at The Age in a feeble attempt to give her hateful, vindictive rants credibility.

And yes - what Sir James did yesterday was to start laying the foundations for a potential Defamation Case.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

JockStraps wrote:The legal expert in me suggest this piece printed by Fairfax today and source from AAP and not one of its in house journos is a strategic play at presenting a "balanced approach" to the Essendon Supplements Scandal

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... 2q8dr.html

A direct reference to Wilson's rant in yesterdays The Age newspaper leaves no doubt in my mind that the editors have probably realized that they have pushed their own envelope too far in a journalistically experimental environment. Thus their decision to print this article. This is like the boss making an example of a bad employee to cover his own arse.

I honestly doubt we will hear another word from Wilson until after the investigation findings are releases and god help her if it is shown Essendon has no case to answer to.
This article was just 'reporting' what happened at Hirdy's presser yesterday. No back-peddling or squaring-up here.

If they were to print an opinion piece by say Rohan Connolly which echoed what Hirdy said and defended the club for its patience and wilingness to abide by the agreed process while the Investigation continues. And condemns those (Wilson, Ralph, Smith, 3AW, Bartlett, Russell etc. etc) who continue to misrepresent what has been said, what is happening and peddling half-truths........then that may equate to something approaching balance.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I sent this email to Rohan after the earlier complaints I sent to the Editor's feedback desk and Wilson herself on her two fiction based 'EXCLUSIVES'.
TITLE: Please Rohan do something about Wilson and her lies

Rohan,

As one of the few credible sports journalists left at The Age, we need some balance on the reporting on the so called supplements story.

Caroline Wilson is conducting a vendetta against Essendon, and in particular James Hird, and there needs to be some balance to counteract her latest tirade where she has stooped to literally making stuff up.

The real story is ASADA wrongly advising Essendon. I look forward to your banner headline front page exclusive when Essendon, its players and coaches and in particular James Hird are exonerated. At least when I read articles from you I believe that you are reporting from that unique point of view - that old fashioned thing called THE TRUTH.

Do something to stop that woman’s lies please Rohan.

Yours Sincerely,

MH_Bomber (insert my actual name)
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

So are you saying MH Bomber is not your real name?

WTF

Are all your names made up too? I am using my real name...