The Recruit

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sartorius
Club Captain

The Recruit

Post by Sartorius »

Anyone catch it on Wednesday night?

Will be interesting to see how many get onto AFL rookie lists.

One of them has a very similar personality to one of the mods on here... We might have to cheer him on! :wink:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Recruit

Post by Gimps »

GOSSY!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I don't have Foxtel but wouldn't watch anyway. Although good luck to Gossy.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:I don't have Foxtel but wouldn't watch anyway. Although good luck to Gossy.
I have Foxtel and I aint watching, all reality tv is rubbish

Good luck to Gossy though
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Can't watch reality TV but good luck to Gossy.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Haha thanks boys.

Been all positive feedback... so far. It's a great production with some pretty cool things to come so would definitely recommend watching it!

Get on board!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gossy7 wrote:Haha thanks boys.

Been all positive feedback... so far. It's a great production with some pretty cool things to come so would definitely recommend watching it!

Get on board!
Did I see that winner gets a guaranteed contract?

Who with and how? Surely it isn't as easy as to just give away as a prize?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bomberdonnie wrote:

Get on board!

Rookie contract
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

bomberdonnie wrote:

Get on board!

Yep guaranteed contract. Basically all teams bid for a player, winner with the most bids wins, and from there I can't say how they get onto a list but will happen.

And there will also be a couple more outside the winner that will get drafted. Pretty certain of it.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I watched it, it was pretty interesting. The first round of guys cut without getting to play in the game was pretty harsh, basically told, "You are too short, or have the wrong body shape and need something special" and then not given a chance to show it.

You must have torn it up in the game Gossy because based on what was shown on the show, I thought you were gone for all money before that.

How tall are you BTW?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Sismis wrote:I watched it, it was pretty interesting. The first round of guys cut without getting to play in the game was pretty harsh, basically told, "You are too short, or have the wrong body shape and need something special" and then not given a chance to show it.

You must have torn it up in the game Gossy because based on what was shown on the show, I thought you were gone for all money before that.

How tall are you BTW?
Yeah look they did their homework on the fellas that could play but unfortunately there was blokes there that were just making up the numbers/story etc. Yeah i didnt play too badly, blue team lost by about 14 goals, we only kicked 5 for the day and i kicked 3.4, so went OK.

They stereotype a few people setting it up for the rest of the competition. So you'll see! Some good vision coming up, I think people will enjoy the remainder of the show.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

I offerted Johncock a contract but he wanted to play at Maribrynong Park if not playing in the seniors. Oh please Vossy he is not an elite kick he he soft.
None of them are up to the standard required i just dont hope but pray that collingwood draft the winner because it is a waste of a space.
Want be watching again.

Quoted from someone who works at frankston vfl LOl.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Only saw a few snippets of this show however I had to laugh when I saw 2 players from Sydney make the final 12.

James Brackin plays Division 1 Sydney AFL (3rd highest level of footy in Sydney) which would be the equivalent to Division 3/4 in the EFL. And he wouldn't be in the Top 10 of that division. He trained a few times in the pre season with a NEAFL side and wasn't offered a contract of which they offer 35 out each year.

Tyron Armitage is a good handy player but I wouldn't have thought he was a top 12 prospect. He plays in the Premier Division of Sydney AFL which is the 2nd highest level of footy available in Sydney. Whilst he won a comp B&F he wouldn't be in the top 10 players in that comp either. He just gets along well with the umpires.

There would be at least 100 better players in the EFL than these 2 blokes. This alone tells me what kind of reality show this really is.

Quoted from the EFL forums.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Yeah couldn't give a fk about this show.

I will say Gossy now that i know your on it...i will have a peek every now and then to see how you go.

Its geared up for the aboriginal guy to win having been placed at Beaumaris to play games. but its clear he doesn't have the drive and will not last his 2 year rookie contract.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

nomolos wrote:Yeah couldn't give a fk about this show.

I will say Gossy now that i know your on it...i will have a peek every now and then to see how you go.

Its geared up for the aboriginal guy to win having been placed at Beaumaris to play games. but its clear he doesn't have the drive and will not last his 2 year rookie contract.
Dayle Garlett take two.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

donsgetthere wrote:
nomolos wrote:Yeah couldn't give a fk about this show.

Dayle Garlett take two.
He is nothing like Dayle Garlett, you racist f***!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Keeping in mind this is an opinion with no real evidence to back it up. (I may have read too much of Caro's stuff this year....)

I was pretty disappointed in the way Manson was presented. I believe this was a decision driven by the producers of the show and that they are playing up the angle of the stereotype of the Aboriginal footballer with talent but no drive. They played the audio of him saying "I just want to give up" 4-5 times during run section of the show. If that was the case, then I don't understand why they selected him over other players.

I'll also be interested to see how Brackin goes, I don't remember seeing a lot of him in the limited footage of the game, or where he finished in the run, but as soon as I saw his bio I knew he'd be selected as he fills the obligatory "little bit different" category for reality TV. Another production decision IMO.

I was initially pretty sceptical of the show: http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14572 but I'm going to watch it as I am interested to see the standard these guys can reach. We see a few players doing well in the AFL ATM who were bypassed by the draft system and I think this could give a bit of an insight into this next teir.

Also want to see more of Gossy's antics!
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Sismis wrote:Keeping in mind this is an opinion with no real evidence to back it up. (I may have read too much of Caro's stuff this year....)

I was pretty disappointed in the way Manson was presented. I believe this was a decision driven by the producers of the show and that they are playing up the angle of the stereotype of the Aboriginal footballer with talent but no drive. They played the audio of him saying "I just want to give up" 4-5 times during run section of the show. If that was the case, then I don't understand why they selected him over other players.

I'll also be interested to see how Brackin goes, I don't remember seeing a lot of him in the limited footage of the game, or where he finished in the run, but as soon as I saw his bio I knew he'd be selected as he fills the obligatory "little bit different" category for reality TV. Another production decision IMO.

I was initially pretty sceptical of the show: http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14572 but I'm going to watch it as I am interested to see the standard these guys can reach. We see a few players doing well in the AFL ATM who were bypassed by the draft system and I think this could give a bit of an insight into this next teir.

think the bender (bracken) gets wacked behind the play during the prison game next week.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good luck Gossy.

Just curious,all the Draft Rules cover this contest don't they?There's no potential breach of Draft Rules?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

donsgetthere wrote:
Sismis wrote:Keeping in mind this is an opinion with no real evidence to back it up. (I may have read too much of Caro's stuff this year....)

think the bender (bracken) gets wacked behind the play during the prison game next week.
Just wondering if there is any group you're not prejudiced against? I myself am prejudiced against biggoted ******** who can't contribute anything of value.