Feeling the Pain? Not Really

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Feeling the Pain? Not Really

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:I was angry during the game, after the game and I'm still angry now.
Same here. What a f****** waste it was.

What a difference an hour of concentration makes. If we got through last night, and ended up losing next week, I could live with that and be a satisfied supporter. I would have been thinking that this group has taken another step, and that they could build on this small advancement. But now, who f****** knows...

I could have lived with losing next week as well. Would have been nice to have won a final and felt good going into next year.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robrulz5 wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:What a difference ten minutes of slackness makes. I reckon we really only lost the game in a ten minute patch in the third quarter.
Considering it was overall a low scoring match (like every bloody game these days it seems), to let them kick five goals in ten minutes was ridiculous. Up to that point, they had only scored two goals for the entire game. How could the floodgates suddenly open so much?? I just don't get that.
It's happened all year and ended up being predictable last night.

We have to wonder if the players get too comfortable with a lead or if they really aren't fit enough.
I'm convinced we are not fit enough. I watch some other teams and games and often think we never run as hard as they do.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Absolutely spot on. It is so predictable it is ridiculous.

If my counting is correct, that makes four games this year when we have got ourselves a good lead but then lost (St Kilda, Collingwood first time, Melbourne, & this one). Plus the Carlton game that we drew, and at least one (Bulldogs) where we gave up a big lead but just managed to fall over the line for a narrow win!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Perhaps I misread the mood. Maybe the OP should have read. Hurting but Not Surprised.

Either way it's a blight on the club.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Gutted, Shattered & in need for a new screen on the front door.

Ben summed it up perfectly in his post. This isn't a side I expected to hold a cup in September, but I did expect a 4 Qtr performance making a statement to the football world, especially on the back of being kicked out of last years finals.

If this is a club that is serious in showing its members and supporters they want to return to the powerhouse they once were then leave all the sports science and political bullshit to one side and start making some serious decisions to the passengers that are currently falsely collecting pay checks on this list.

This is a club that needs to get its shit together in the off season and decide what it is they actually stand for. Both corporately and on field!!!
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Nice pic Stocksy.Big Den from Round 17,1982.It was from a Sunday Game against Swans before 17 000 and the Cardies gave 'em an 11 goal hiding! :wink:I was there with Cardie Fanatic and future WAFL Umpire,Geoff Pritchard!

Their neighbors were the Ericsons,of whom Garnett was a Premiership player with WEST PERTH.And they all followed the Bombers as well!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The sad thing was when we got to 33pts up and Merrett had a chance to make it 39, I knew we were gone when he missed. It's been a recurring pattern all season.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Certainly gutted, but overall, really relieved that this shit season is over. I hit the wall just after half time at the Toasters game when I simply couldn't take any more and went home. Prior to that going back to Federation, I had never left early even if we were getting pantsed.

Bomber talks about it being a successful season given with what the team had to endure, but that, after 2 years of misery, does little to console me.

I will go to the Crichton as a last show of support, but after that, I do not want to even think about the EFC for many months.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:What a difference ten minutes of slackness makes. I reckon we really only lost the game in a ten minute patch in the third quarter.
Considering it was overall a low scoring match (like every bloody game these days it seems), to let them kick five goals in ten minutes was ridiculous. Up to that point, they had only scored two goals for the entire game. How could the floodgates suddenly open so much?? I just don't get that.

We have to wonder if the players get too comfortable with a lead or if they really aren't fit enough.
I'm convinced we are not fit enough. I watch some other teams and games and often think we never run as hard as they do.
But 5%.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

We run hard in patches but seem to completely fall away and look incapable of even moving. Surely these guys are trained to be able to run for 120 minutes and more!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

We run hard in patches but seem to completely fall away and look incapable of even moving. Surely these guys are trained to be able to run for 120 minutes and more!
The new facility made us 2% fitter, remember? Someone on Blitz made this remarkable observation from one training session back in February...
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

The new facility made us 2% fitter, remember? Someone on Blitz made this remarkable observation from one training session back in February...

Haha yes, wonder if that had been brought up over there since.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

tonysoprano wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

If so, around and around we go. Right back to where the conversation was at when we went out and hired Stuart Cormack....even typing this makes me feel sick.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives