Clear Yer Lockers....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Clear Yer Lockers....

Post by Gimps »

donsgetthere wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
Gyoza wrote:Compo pick for a guy who was nowhere near getting a game?
would take pick 60 compared to nothing. Use it for a preseason pick.

Whats the formula for compo picks?

Jetta has played 93 games, was taken at pick #18 in a nd. mean squat?
Give us something for the 93 games of pain he put us through.
I'd say 92, his first game was a ripper.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gimps wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
Gyoza wrote:Compo pick for a guy who was nowhere near getting a game?
would take pick 60 compared to nothing. Use it for a preseason pick.

Whats the formula for compo picks?

Jetta has played 93 games, was taken at pick #18 in a nd. mean squat?
Give us something for the 93 games of pain he put us through.
I'd say 92, his first game was a ripper.
All downhill since.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:If it is our dumb arse strategy to heavily rely on a Brent Stanton to deliver our game, then we will continue our BS “success”.

Time to bypass this fraud and inject an individual who will also provide moments of great courage and desperate efforts that result in scoring opportunities, as well as important link work. It amazes me how anyone could possibly applaud limp dick efforts and conclude that “we would be an easier team to play against if he were not there”. FMD. The guy causes more harm to our own team than he does the opposition.

No worries, I’m sure we’ll all see him go around again skirting the packs and yelling for a pass so that he can run around in his usual fashion. And I’m sure most will ignore the kicking into the man on the mark moments, the no awareness to being tackled moments, the falling over after being struck by feather moments, the being outrun by a sloth moments, the fumbling after hearing footstep moments etc
Brent Stanton... The poster boy for EFC mediocrity. Not his fault he gets selected.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:If it is our dumb arse strategy to heavily rely on a Brent Stanton to deliver our game, then we will continue our BS “success”.

Time to bypass this fraud and inject an individual who will also provide moments of great courage and desperate efforts that result in scoring opportunities, as well as important link work. It amazes me how anyone could possibly applaud limp dick efforts and conclude that “we would be an easier team to play against if he were not there”. FMD. The guy causes more harm to our own team than he does the opposition.

No worries, I’m sure we’ll all see him go around again skirting the packs and yelling for a pass so that he can run around in his usual fashion. And I’m sure most will ignore the kicking into the man on the mark moments, the no awareness to being tackled moments, the falling over after being struck by feather moments, the being outrun by a sloth moments, the fumbling after hearing footstep moments etc
Brent Stanton... The poster boy for EFC mediocrity. Not his fault he gets selected.
So it's the coaches fault Stanton is as weak as piss, can't kick and has no awareness? So when Goldstein lumbered past him on the weekend I should of been going off at Bomber Thompson???
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

So it's the coaches fault Stanton is as weak as piss, can't kick and has no awareness? So when Goldstein lumbered past him on the weekend I should of been going off at Bomber Thompson???
Someone needs a bullet.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

donsgetthere wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Someone needs a bullet.

Some one needs to get the bullet.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

donsgetthere wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Someone needs a bullet.

Some one needs to get the bullet.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

I think you are missing the point - Stanton gets picked week in week out on the basis of his performance - so why is he getting selected. He will continue to play like shit whilst the club is happy to select passengers
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Royza wrote:Hardingham keen to leave: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-09/h ... rade-table
Gotta be a makeweight in any deal for involving better players

eg - take Howlett for your 3rd Rounder and we throw in Hardingham
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Royza wrote:Hardingham keen to leave: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-09/h ... rade-table
Two ticked off the list!

Next....
Essendunny
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

What about Melksham??? and Stanton surely up for a trade.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I can't see any club picking up Hardingham.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

robrulz5 wrote:I can't see any club picking up Hardingham.
possibly freo as depth like at Essendon.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

It is a new move by player managers. When it is apparent that a player is likely to be delisted by their club the leak a story to the media about how their client wants to move clubs for greater opportunities before the club can announce the player has been delisted.

A player actively wanting to move on probably somehow seems more attractive than a player seeking a new club after been pissed off by their previous club for being adjudged not good enough to warrant a spot on their list.

Fact is that Hardy as a mature aged senior player has only managed 8 games in the Seniors in each of the last two seasons, I doubt there would be much interest in him, particularly not for anything of significant value.

Reckon clubs will wait until after the final list lodgement when we delist him and everyone is interested will then just pick him up as a delisted free agent. All we trade him to a club of his choice probably for a 4th round pick we don't intend on using just to get him to where he wants to go to.

Lets face it non-Essendon supporters probably read that story and the majority of them probably thought "who the hell is Kyle Hardingham?"
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

donsgetthere wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:I can't see any club picking up Hardingham.
possibly freo as depth like at Essendon.
Straight trade for Barlow ... Justice would finally prevail :lol: :lol:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:It is a new move by player managers. When it is apparent that a player is likely to be delisted by their club the leak a story to the media about how their client wants to move clubs for greater opportunities before the club can announce the player has been delisted.

A player actively wanting to move on probably somehow seems more attractive than a player seeking a new club after been pissed off by their previous club for being adjudged not good enough to warrant a spot on their list.

Fact is that Hardy as a mature aged senior player has only managed 8 games in the Seniors in each of the last two seasons, I doubt there would be much interest in him, particularly not for anything of significant value.

Reckon clubs will wait until after the final list lodgement when we delist him and everyone is interested will then just pick him up as a delisted free agent. All we trade him to a club of his choice probably for a 4th round pick we don't intend on using just to get him to where he wants to go to.

Lets face it non-Essendon supporters probably read that story and the majority of them probably thought "who the hell is Kyle Hardingham?"

I would have thought the opposite - a delisted player has less perceived value that one still on a list who wants to move to greener pasteurs
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Pears is staying f****** great.