Report from BomberBlitz

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

I think MJ had a shoulder reco in the off season, so they won't be able to tackle him properly until it's been given the all clear
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

2QIK4U wrote:Nice work Gossy. Two questions.

1. Do you have the match-ups?
2. Who won?
Dont have all the match ups sorry.

Chartes played on Hille.
Mckinnon was generally against Laycock.
Bradley and Ryder had a go on Lucas.
Michael was on Johns.
Fletcher was on Gumby.

As far as the midfield went im not 100% sure. Dempsey might have been on Lovett but they werent exactly looking after each other. Someone else may know about this.

2nd question- Reds won by about 10 goals i would say.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Great stuff Gossy thanks for letting us know...

Question -- Has Paddy beefed up any?? Sounds like he played alright and would be keen to see him step up in a big way but last year he was way too skinny...

Cheers again!!!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Yeah he looks bigger. I got a few pictures of the huddles so when i put them up this arvo we can judge if he has.

He certainly did seem to do a lot better in the one on one marking duals around the ground, he was very good at positioning himself and getting his hands to the ball with good timing i thought.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Gossy wrote:Yeah he looks bigger. I got a few pictures of the huddles so when i put them up this arvo we can judge if he has.

He certainly did seem to do a lot better in the one on one marking duals around the ground, he was very good at positioning himself and getting his hands to the ball with good timing i thought.
good work gossy
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

If you look at the photo's over at the link (nice work Koala :D ), it seems to me that CJ doesn't look that much smaller than Mal!! :shock:

A lot of the boys looking real cut esp. Natrat and Smokey.

Good to see that Chook is starting to show his potential. :wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Glad that most of the players are looking good but as Lloydy pointed out on SEN last week, if you aint looking good by now, you will have a very long season ahead.

We are still starting from a fair way back but if the kids are going along nicely and Sheeds plays the attaking football he says he will, then thats a good start.

The defence looks stronger with Michael down there and hopefully Gumbleton* can hold a spot there for a while.

The forward line looks very very dangerous.
HF: Hird Lucas Johns
FF: Lovett lloyd Davey.

However, the forward line will be nearly useless if the midfield cant carry the ball and deliver with some sort of precision. We have a decent team on paper, maybe even a very good team. But we are starting from a fair way back.

I also hope the club has learnt from Sydney and Adelaide last year. If someone has an injury and arent up to scratch, play them in the twos at the start of the season. We messed up bad with JJ last year and it hurt both him and the club. Sydney got off to a poor start last year (2-5), but hit form at the right time and made the GF. Adelaide got of to a flyer, everybody said the fla is in the bag and they didnt even make the GF.

* On gumbleton, I am really worries about this guy. Normally a bloke who gets picked in the top 5 should walk into the team and play well, but all reports suggest he is really struggling at the moment and not doing a thing. Is he injured?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Rossoneri wrote:Glad that most of the players are looking good but as Lloydy pointed out on SEN last week, if you aint looking good by now, you will have a very long season ahead.

We are still starting from a fair way back but if the kids are going along nicely and Sheeds plays the attaking football he says he will, then thats a good start.

The defence looks stronger with Michael down there and hopefully Gumbleton* can hold a spot there for a while.

The forward line looks very very dangerous.
HF: Hird Lucas Johns
FF: Lovett lloyd Davey.

However, the forward line will be nearly useless if the midfield cant carry the ball and deliver with some sort of precision. We have a decent team on paper, maybe even a very good team. But we are starting from a fair way back.

I also hope the club has learnt from Sydney and Adelaide last year. If someone has an injury and arent up to scratch, play them in the twos at the start of the season. We messed up bad with JJ last year and it hurt both him and the club. Sydney got off to a poor start last year (2-5), but hit form at the right time and made the GF. Adelaide got of to a flyer, everybody said the fla is in the bag and they didnt even make the GF.

* On gumbleton, I am really worries about this guy. Normally a bloke who gets picked in the top 5 should walk into the team and play well, but all reports suggest he is really struggling at the moment and not doing a thing. Is he injured?

You would have to swap CJ and Davey Ross and wheres Gus....midfield?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Yeah, gus in the middle rotating up forward.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Rossoneri wrote:* On gumbleton, I am really worries about this guy. Normally a bloke who gets picked in the top 5 should walk into the team and play well, but all reports suggest he is really struggling at the moment and not doing a thing. Is he injured?
yes, has been for several weeks. This is why he was wearing the different top yesterday - he wasn't kicking. He took a really good grab at one stage out in the forward pocket but had to hand it off for someone else to have a ping at goal.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

yeah something to do with knee troubles i heard
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Koala wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:* On gumbleton, I am really worries about this guy. Normally a bloke who gets picked in the top 5 should walk into the team and play well, but all reports suggest he is really struggling at the moment and not doing a thing. Is he injured?
yes, has been for several weeks. This is why he was wearing the different top yesterday - he wasn't kicking. He took a really good grab at one stage out in the forward pocket but had to hand it off for someone else to have a ping at goal.
Great, our 18 year #2 pick has injury concerns already.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Koala wrote:
Great, our 18 year #2 pick has injury concerns already.
Im sure it is nothing to be concerned about or else he wouldnt have played at all yesterday. He might just be feeling the increased pre-season training which his body has adapted too
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Any reports on how Skipworth went?
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Here are a few photos I took for those who havent seen the thousands that are on BB (all better quality than mine)

Mcphees new hair do

Team red:
Last edited by Sartorius on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Disgraceful. Haha, man that looks shocking.

He will get ripped by many.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Stants delivering inside 50

Dempsey getting past Jobe.

Ryder leaping high:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

DYSON#2 wrote:This gumbleton business is concerning.. hopefully he just needs more time to settle in..
Young blokes often get injuries when they start in the big time. He's a BIG young bloke and will take some time.

This year he'll get a run, but don't expect him to be a gun by June.

He will take 3-4 years to reach potential. We shouldn't be too hurried in our expectations this year.

This year we should be hurried in our expectations of CJ and Kepler, Dyson and Licha.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
This year we should be hurried in our expectations of CJ and Kepler, Dyson and Licha.
Yep, too right.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Sheeds confirmed on SEN this morning that Gumby was indeed playing with a minor leg injury of some sort. He told him to go out and have a run. Just to get a feel for things and handball instead of kicking...