Report from BomberBlitz

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

Sheeds confirmed on SEN this morning that Gumby was indeed playing with a minor leg injury of some sort. He told him to go out and have a run. Just to get a feel for things and handball instead of kicking...
Gee, dunno about that logic - hope it doesn't shoot the kids confidence. It depends on Gumby's personality on whether playing him was wise or not, If he is tough mentally than there would have been a benefit in playing him but if he is lacking a bit of confidence in his abilities then going out and only being able to play half-arsed and not being able to perform will only increase the pressure on him. Look how much people are already starting to worry about him. And to an extent people are going to be quicker to jump on his back because Kepler Bradley hasn't lived up to expectations so far.

I think we need to remember that at the moment Gumby is just a kid with a bung leg and not the avenue to righting the wrongs of our ordinary season last year.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

F111 wrote:
This year we should be hurried in our expectations of CJ and Kepler, Dyson and Licha.
From what I've seen I think CJ, Licha and Keps will have a very good year. I havent seen Dyson as he has been injured, but if the end of last seasons form is something to go by, he should be ready to become a consistent contributer.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

nmgilbert wrote:
Sheeds confirmed on SEN this morning that Gumby was indeed playing with a minor leg injury of some sort. He told him to go out and have a run. Just to get a feel for things and handball instead of kicking...
Gee, dunno about that logic - hope it doesn't shoot the kids confidence. It depends on Gumby's personality on whether playing him was wise or not, If he is tough mentally than there would have been a benefit in playing him but if he is lacking a bit of confidence in his abilities then going out and only being able to play half-arsed and not being able to perform will only increase the pressure on him. Look how much people are already starting to worry about him. And to an extent people are going to be quicker to jump on his back because Kepler Bradley hasn't lived up to expectations so far.

I think we need to remember that at the moment Gumby is just a kid with a bung leg and not the avenue to righting the wrongs of our ordinary season last year.
Bradley's only 19. What does that make him? I think the same consideration should apply to him as well... It bugs me how people have slated him in as their whipping boy when the kid could be anything. We don't know yet.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
Bradley's only 19. What does that make him? I think the same consideration should apply to him as well... It bugs me how people have slated him in as their whipping boy when the kid could be anything. We don't know yet.
Bradley was 19, two years ago.....

He's played 45 AFL games, so one would expect him to hit his straps from here on in.

I have reserved my opinions on this kid, because I have seen glimpses of good footy (2005), but last year, he deserved to be dropped after several poor performances. My expectation is for him to stand up and provide an option for us at CHB.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Agreed Ben. But the majority of players had a porker of a year for various reasons last year. It was pretty ordinary hearing some of the tripe coming out of the members seated near us, when Kepler went near the ball.

Hopefully he can prove a few Bomber fans wrong ala Scotty Lucas... :wink: