Solomon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2

Solomon

Post by DYSON#2 »

for those interested, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291932

the freo supporters are pretty optimistic. He might win them a premiership now but come round 5 they will be wishing he never set foot in the club
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

It will be interesting to see who Solly doesn't like at our club and try and take them out.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Blidge wrote:It will be interesting to see who Solly doesn't like at our club and try and take them out.
What's the bet he'll be out on the piss the night before?
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

I make a habit of not betting if the odds are under $2
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Im not saying he wont go good... I think a change of enviroment out of a the nuthosue that is Essendon to a quality club like Freo should refresh him into some good footy.
This is coming from a Hawthorn supporter?? Words fail me...[/code]
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

honestly i think he will do well, they plan to trim him down so he's not so heavy. they'll do a better job playing him off the flanks and deep pockets as opposed to us beefing him up and playing him undersized in a key position which was ridiculous. waste of a decent player.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Blidge wrote:It will be interesting to see who Solly doesn't like at our club and try and take them out.
I'm sure big Mal won't let him do anything! :D
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I think he will do well for them. Can add a bit of grunt to their side, which is lacking.

He was on a downhill slide here, and I am more than happy with the players we picked up in the draft due to the trade.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I think he'll do great for them. It will be the catalyst he needed to restart his career. I am happy with the trade too, but he will probably do pretty well, and we are just going to have to cope with that.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He's been training very well and has had no interruptions to his preseason unlike last year with us.

I'm pretty sure he'll make his detractors eat a slice of humble pie.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good luck to him. Reckon he'll give them some real toughness which is something they need. He'll show those Carr brothers what it's about... As long as he doesn't give away too many free kicks in the process. :wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Both Solly and Taz have a heck of a lot to prove at the Dockers as both came extremely close to losing their careers. As much as i will hate seeing Solly in the purple and green i am kind of thankful that he is gone from our side.

All the pre season pressure will be on the dockers... they are close to having an awesome list and if they fold.... the axe will be out. :twisted:
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Good news is Solly will be back in Red and Black soon enough as he has been allocated to the Perth Demons (Red and Black) if he is dropped from the Dockers.

Being a Demon's supporter I am hoping he does end up being dropped!!!!! Sorry Solly!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Soly needs to lose bulk, and he'll do very well.

The change may see him blossom. I hope it does as I've always liked him, despite his crap year in '06.

However, if MJ can get in a nasty little shirt front early when we play them, I'll also be happy!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Solomon is a creampuff. He won't take any of our players out in Round 5, save for perhaps a first year whippett like Jetta - that's about Solomon's level. May struggle to get a game at Freo unless his fitness levels and running ability are greatly improved from those which he displayed with us in 2005 and 2006.

Good luck to him anyway.