Cooney.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Cooney.

Post by gringo »

At his best, Kouta was the best player I have seen. The only problem was you didn't get to see his best often (mostly due to injury).
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BERT wrote:I knew he didn't like Aboriginies, I didn't realise he had a problem with Greeks as well.
I told you he isn't racist - it seems he hates everyone equally :roll:
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

gringo wrote:At his best, Kouta was the best player I have seen. The only problem was you didn't get to see his best often (mostly due to injury).
I can't argue whether he is the best player if that's your opinion, but to say he is better than either Ablett Snr or Jnr…
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Crazyman wrote:
gringo wrote:At his best, Kouta was the best player I have seen. The only problem was you didn't get to see his best often (mostly due to injury).
I can't argue whether he is the best player if that's your opinion, but to say he is better than either Ablett Snr or Jnr…
Got them both covered, the latter my a considerable margin.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BERT wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
nomolos wrote:I hate this argument about the Brownlow.

The Brownlow is awarded to the Best and Fairest player in THAT year. Not the best over 10 years. So when Woewodin wins it, its cause he played significantly better than anyone else in that year.
McCleod was far and away the best player that season.
Rubbish, Kouta had one of the greatest seasons of all time in 2000. He was unstoppable. If he didn't get injured against us in round 20 he would have won it.
Yeah that's right.

McLeod was 01. My bad

Still disappointed we didn't get him in 05.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Given you can only comment about best players seen, one can only go on those you see frequently.

Still reckon Watson Snr ....Madden to Daisy to Watto....sprint 20 goal....seen many times....plus winning that PF in 93....is right up there 300+ times over. Best I have seen just ahead of JH.

Should have won the Brownlow that Couch got, losing by 1 or 2 and getting NO VOTES in game when he get kicked a bag and had 40 odd touches...89? F**king rigged......had to have Geelong up there that year.

Not fair as he was clearly the best player in the VFL by a country....IMO.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

gringo wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
Got them both covered, the latter my a considerable margin.
We'll have to agree to disagree…
Not saying Kouta wasn't a great player, just not the best :)

P.S. and he played for the Scum, so that count's as a negative… :lol:
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

LOL kouta played one good game in his life 1999 prelim final.[/quote]

Either that is a joke or you are a bigger f****** moron than any of us could have ever contemplated.[/quote]

Definitely the 2nd one.[/quote]

Kouta was like Bradley got cheap meaningless possessions.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

donsgetthere wrote:LOL kouta played one good game in his life 1999 prelim final.
Either that is a joke or you are a bigger f****** moron than any of us could have ever contemplated.[/quote]

Kouta was like Bradley got cheap meaningless possessions.[/quote]

Donsgetthere...you are a disease. And you have no clue about football.

Hit the showers, pal. You add nothing here and have been told 4 million times.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Choppy wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:LOL kouta played one good game in his life 1999 prelim final.
Either that is a joke or you are a bigger f****** moron than any of us could have ever contemplated.

Hit the showers, pal. You add nothing here and have been told 4 million times.[/quote]

f*** off dickhead.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

donsgetthere wrote:
Choppy wrote:
Either that is a joke or you are a bigger f****** moron than any of us could have ever contemplated.
Definitely the 2nd one.

Hit the showers, pal. You add nothing here and have been told 4 million times.[/quote]

f*** off dickhead.[/quote]

Ha, why don't you take some of your own advice you pathetic grub. No one, I repeat no one, on this site likes you.

I don't understand why you keep posting / logging on. Why do you bother? Do you think you are going to eventually win people over or are you just trolling? If the latter, I'll give you a heads up: the effect has worn off. You see it's no longer trolling because people don't actually read anything you post expecting it to be anything other than literary diarrhoea. So, you are only wasting your own time you see.

You stink, everyone knows you stink, so why don't you just beat it. Scram! You could even leave and sign up as a new member under a different name in which case you might get another two posts in before people once again realise remember what a truly festering piece of pond scum that you are. And the Gatsid would probably ban you.

Goodbye jerk!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Choppy wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
Choppy wrote:
Definitely the 2nd one.
Kouta was like Bradley got cheap meaningless possessions.

f*** off dickhead.[/quote]

Ha, why don't you take some of your own advice you pathetic grub. No one, I repeat no one, on this site likes you.

I don't understand why you keep posting / logging on. Why do you bother? Do you think you are going to eventually win people over or are you just trolling? If the latter, I'll give you a heads up: the effect has worn off. You see it's no longer trolling because people don't actually read anything you post expecting it to be anything other than literary diarrhoea. So, you are only wasting your own time you see.

You stink, everyone knows you stink, so why don't you just beat it. Scram! You could even leave and sign up as a new member under a different name in which case you might get another two posts in before people once again realise remember what a truly festering piece of pond scum that you are. And the Gatsid would probably ban you.

Goodbye jerk![/quote]

=D>
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

robrulz5 wrote:
Choppy wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
Choppy wrote:

Goodbye jerk!
Don't try me flog.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Kouta had one of the greatest seasons ever in 2000, but I reckon the rest of his career was just solid to very good, not elite.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

Dear donsgetthere,

Hit.The.Showers. No one wants you here. Get the message.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

tonysoprano wrote:Kouta had one of the greatest seasons ever in 2000, but I reckon the rest of his career was just solid to very good, not elite.
T'was a great season, Tony. I agree. And yes, the rest of his career wasn't quite at the same level but he was elite (if top ten midfielders in the comp is deemed elite).
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Not a farken hope in hell Kouta was better than either Ablett's. Spell please.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Choppy wrote:Dear donsgetthere,

Hit.The.Showers. No one wants you here. Get the message.
f*** off dickhead.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Choppy, a bit over the top, but an impressive rant that almost rates up there with some of Robbie's anti Filthy/Flip outbursts…

Donsgetthere, not an impressive response…

As the old saying goes, opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one…
And the flip side, whilst everyone has one, not everyone is one…others can determine for themselves who is/n't one… :wink:
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Crazyman wrote:Choppy, a bit over the top, but an impressive rant that almost rates up there with some of Robbie's anti Filthy/Flip outbursts…

Donsgetthere, not an impressive response…

As the old saying goes, opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one…
And the flip side, whilst everyone has one, not everyone is one…others can determine for themselves who is/n't one… :wink:
My opinion is valid. Kouta played one decent game in his career and it was the 99 prelim.