Anyone for a quiz?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:I don't know if this is an easy one or not but here goes

Name the teams that played in the 1984 Grand Final in Under 19's, Reserves and Seniors (that part is definitely easy :lol: )
Well of course Essendon played Hawthorn in the seniors.
I remember Melbourne winning the Reserves not sure against who though...Carlton?
And I think North Melbourne won the U19's and havent got a clue against who.....Richmond?

That's my guess anyway...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'm pretty sure you're right Ben (I got the question from my copy of the 1984 Grand Final Football Record which I don't have at work with me) so you can take over now and ask the next question.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:I'm pretty sure you're right Ben (I got the question from my copy of the 1984 Grand Final Football Record which I don't have at work with me) so you can take over now and ask the next question.
You're the effing reason why I've cleaned my garage! I've been ran sacking the bloody place trying to find that Footy Record and came up with nothing!!! I'm don't think I'm completely right.....but anyway, someone can prove me wrong later...

OK, name the Best First Year Players in all our premiership years under Sheedy.....
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:I'm pretty sure you're right Ben (I got the question from my copy of the 1984 Grand Final Football Record which I don't have at work with me) so you can take over now and ask the next question.
You're the effing reason why I've cleaned my garage! I've been ran sacking the bloody place trying to find that Footy Record and came up with nothing!!! I'm don't think I'm completely right.....but anyway, someone can prove me wrong later...

OK, name the Best First Year Players in all our premiership years under Sheedy.....
And don't you feel better for it :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
Yeah for now :lol: .....but it won't take long for it to become a pig sty again...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Yeah for now :lol: .....but it won't take long for it to become a pig sty again...
and such is the nature of any good garage or shed...as long as you can get to the fridge, all is ok :D
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

BenDoolan wrote:

I'm gonna give it a bit of guess work here Ben...

1984 Mark Harvey (obvious choice?)
1985 Think I heard somewhere that it was Steven Clark
1993 At a guess: Fletch
2000 Jonathan Robran?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

84 - Harvey
85 - stumped, ill guess Carey.
93 - Olarenshaw
00 - jesus, I was going to say rama but he started in 99. I think it was Henneman (obviously nobody else debuted in that year)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well swooper got 3 correct - 1984,85 & 93 while Rosso got 2000 correct with Aaron Henneman (that must have hurt Rosso!)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Probably explains why we have done nothing since 2000.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:

Name the teams that played in the 1984 Grand Final in Under 19's, Reserves and Seniors (that part is definitely easy :lol: )
I remember Melbourne winning the Reserves not sure against who though...Carlton?
And I think North Melbourne won the U19's and havent got a clue against who.....Richmond?

Just confirming that you were right with your answer Ben (as stated in my 1984 Grand Final Footy Record kept safely on the shelf in our spare room :lol: )
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Just confirming that you were right with your answer Ben (as stated in my 1984 Grand Final Footy Record kept safely on the shelf in our spare room :lol: )
:shock: I'm disturbed by the amount of bullshit stored in my sub-conscious. I couldn't find the Footy Records :x and had to rely on a hunch.....22 stored years of useless information has now been released by your question. Thankyou!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Who's turn is it now?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

:shock: I'm disturbed by the amount of bullshit stored in my sub-conscious. I couldn't find the Footy Records :x and had to rely on a hunch.....22 stored years of useless information has now been released by your question. Thankyou!

My pleasure Ben :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Who's turn is it now?
Either swooper or Rosso.......they collectively answered the question.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Who's turn is it now?
Either swooper or Rosso.......they collectively answered the question.

I guess you could call this part 2 of BD's question about the last minute withdrawal from the 83 GF:
When Bill Duckworth pulled out of the 83 Grand Final, who was his last minute replacement?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Just a guess.

Was it Carey?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gee, something's telling me Frank Dunell......... (Steve Carey was a late inclusion in the 1985 GF).
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Not Carey, and not Dunnell. Yes Carey was a late inclusion in 85. Think Frankie missed 83, played in the reserves flag of that year.

If I recall correctly, this player may have been reported in the ressies the week before, and got off.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well the other name floating in my head is Steve Copping.... (I can't reacall him playing in the other finals during that year).