WindyDick

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

WindyDick

Post by Gimps »

Back in full training and moving freely. It's a miracle.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: WindyDick

Post by Gyoza »

We can rebuild him...we have the technology!

Thought he was done. Fingers crossed it's not a futile effort.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gyoza wrote:We can rebuild him...we have the technology!

Thought he was done. Fingers crossed it's not a futile effort.
He thought he was done. Huge effort if he makes it back.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:Back in full training and moving freely. It's a miracle.
Hopefully he can get back out there. He's exactly what we need at the moment - swift, skilful and can kick a goal.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Looked dead in the water the second half of last year. Not sure if he has any petrol left in the tank.

Lets hope the rest on those legs gives him half a season of class and a nice swansong.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Looked dead in the water the second half of last year. Not sure if he has any petrol left in the tank.

Lets hope the rest on those legs gives him half a season of class and a nice swansong.
He played some cracking games in the second half of last year.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Looked dead in the water the second half of last year. Not sure if he has any petrol left in the tank.

You didn't see any games in the second half of last season did you? He was fantastic and the club begged him not to retire.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

That is some f****** great news!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Fantastic. Hopefully he can have a big second half of the season either forward or back.

He was magnificent when used across half back last year.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:Fantastic. Hopefully he can have a big second half of the season either forward or back.

Windy back flank, Dempsey on a wing, problem solved.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

BERT wrote:

You didn't see any games in the second half of last season did you? He was fantastic and the club begged him not to retire.
Spot on you and Gimps.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I think we need to leave him in forward pocket and try to cotton wool him through as many games as possible.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

BERT wrote:

He played a few good games but the last few he was barely going. He struggled in the final. Maybe I have that final performance in my mind where he couldn't keep up and looked exhausted.

We can't have someone that can't play 8 strong consistent games in a row. We can't put everyone on the half back flank and get easy kicks to set up the game.

Hopefully he proves me wrong but he needs to play forward and do some damage there.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Fantastic. Hopefully he can have a big second half of the season either forward or back.

Windy back flank, Dempsey on a wing, problem solved.
Problem will be solved when Dempsey's not in the team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:I think we need to leave him in forward pocket and try to cotton wool him through as many games as possible.
I prefer him as a forward. Half back run is good, but some more cleverness up forward with Chapman and Cooney would be handy. And he would have to get more ball than Old Merrett.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:
BERT wrote:

We can't have someone that can't play 8 strong consistent games in a row. We can't put everyone on the half back flank and get easy kicks to set up the game.
That would rule out half the team then
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:
BERT wrote:

He played a few good games but the last few he was barely going. He struggled in the final. Maybe I have that final performance in my mind where he couldn't keep up and looked exhausted.

Hopefully he proves me wrong but he needs to play forward and do some damage there.
From memory he averaged 20 touches after round 10.

I dare say the final is clouding your memory.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Saw him training today. He didn't stop running for the whole session and backed it up with goal kicking. He looks great and yelled out to someone that he hopes to play next week. Don't know about that but he is close.

A real highlight was watching Joey, under the watchful eye of Lloyd the Great, slotting goal after goal, kicking off from the 50. He scored 11 out of the 12 that I saw on about a 60 degree angle.

Wasn't much of a session with some simulated match play and the rest indoors.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Sismis wrote:I think we need to leave him in forward pocket and try to cotton wool him through as many games as possible.
agreed- is a fantastic mark for his size and could be that dangerous forward pocket we are crying out for! Looking forward to seeing him return to the VFL in a few weeks time!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
agreed- is a fantastic mark for his size and could be that dangerous forward pocket we are crying out for! Looking forward to seeing him return to the VFL in a few weeks time!
Unsure of his durability, but it'd be great to have a small lead-up forward of his ilk and calibre, instead of just bombing it long to tall targets and hoping a crumbing type will be thereabouts