Removing the grey areas

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Removing the grey areas

Post by Megan »

Rumour has it we're about to finalise a deal to get rid of the grey away strip and stick with a red and black one??

If so.. HOO f****** RAY.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Removing the grey areas

Post by bomberdonnie »

Good riddance to the disgusting piece of shit. Anyone know our record in it? I reckon it would be 90% to the bad.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Megan wrote:Rumour has it we're about to finalise a deal to get rid of the grey away strip and stick with a red and black one??

If so.. HOO f****** RAY.
Dealing with the AFL, I hope it doesn't involve giving up Hird.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Bring back the RED f****** SHORTS!!!
Essendunny
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

We should be pro active and have a completely different away strip similar to EPL teams.

None of this old school crap.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:We should be pro active and have a completely different away strip similar to EPL teams.

Very funny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Would be interesting to see what they come up with as the AFL class both red and black as a dark colour.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Megan wrote:Rumour has it we're about to finalise a deal to get rid of the grey away strip and stick with a red and black one??

If so.. HOO f****** RAY.
HATE that grey and red sh*t jumper.

Fletch's photo's will have in that shitty jumper in his 400th when he played 99.9% in our jumper.

Total Bullsh*t
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

If we wear our normal jumper with red shorts it gets rid af any clashes we have. Why we couldn't do that is beyond me.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

bomberdonnie wrote:
kelvin_sheedy wrote:We should be pro active and have a completely different away strip similar to EPL teams.

Very funny
Not funny at all. No wonder we are falling behind all the other big clubs.

We were once the leaders in everything in the 90's. We need to capture the youth market and regenerate the supporter base.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BERT wrote:If we wear our normal jumper with red shorts it gets rid af any clashes we have. Why we couldn't do that is beyond me.
Indeed. And it looks awesome.

FWIW I've never had a problem telling the two teams apart anyway, but most of the times when the AFL decides we need to wear the grey shit, it's because the other team has changed their jumper significantly or it's against a new team with two jumpers and no heritage anyway. And with St Kilda they've whored out their jumper for 20 years now and I'm pretty sure wore the red with the black cross one as their home jumper for a while. Those teams should have to wear their alternate jumpers, even for home games.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Clashes are bullshit.

Somehow players were able to deal with any of these so-called clashes for 100 years as were us fans. I've seen some replays of old games back in the day of black and white TV and it is still pretty easy to deal the teams apart even when they were playing in absolute mud pits.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

The AFL has changed the traditional jumpers so many times for all clubs - that none of them are basically traditional any more. There area only one or two that look remotely like their original jumpers now. One of course is Collingwood, I can't remember the other. Maybe Sydney.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:Clashes are bullshit.

Somehow players were able to deal with any of these so-called clashes for 100 years as were us fans. I've seen some replays of old games back in the day of black and white TV and it is still pretty easy to deal the teams apart even when they were playing in absolute mud pits.
Yet, with such a distinct difference between two jumpers on the field these days, our players still struggle to hit targets.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

And here I was thinking it was going to be about a lobotomy for those players who have regular brain farts... :wink:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:

Yet, with such a distinct difference between two jumpers on the field these days, our players still struggle to hit targets.
I would love to see a stat of our disposal efficiency between when we wear our real jumper v the grey abomination.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

I would love to see a stat of our disposal efficiency between when we wear our real jumper v the grey abomination.
And just a curiosity, do we actually train in those jumpers before we play in them? It just might add another 2% to our performance of we do.

Can anyone who has been to a training session before a clash game confirm this?
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

And just a curiosity, do we actually train in those jumpers before we play in them? It just might add another 2% to our performance of we do.

Can anyone who has been to a training session before a clash game confirm this?
The receptionist confirmed that they don't.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Indeed.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.