Tim Watson nails it

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Tim Watson nails it

Post by Gimps »

I reckon he back peddled at half time of the footy today..
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Tim Watson - legend.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Gimps wrote:I reckon he back peddled at half time of the footy today..

Let's see how much pressure the AFL put on him to retract or apologise.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robrulz5 wrote:With Tim working for Channel 7 there is no way he is coming out and saying something this big that isn't true. Everything Tim has said throughout this saga checks out, we can't say the same about the AFL.
It's unlikely any pressure will be seen. If there's a $Bill involved, there'll be pressure exerted from 7. Someone at the afl will've had a quiet word...just like they probably did in offering a last minute deal.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

ealesy wrote:My favourite quote from Tim Watson during the media clip:

"Short of Roy Masters, Caroline Wilson, Tim and Sam Lane sitting on CAS and hearing this case, the same verdict will be returned."

No doubt Caro will have a sook about it on Footy Crappified tonight, might even be enough for the arrow, because you know she never wanted to see the players suspended.
Missed the "Arrow" but she had a sook about it when they first discussed Essendon 2nd issue from the top of the show. Apparently none of Masters, Lane, Lane or herself have ever stated they wanted the players banned. Must have forgotten about when Tim Lane stated Watson Bronwlow had to be stripped because he was a self confessed drug cheat, or when Sam Lane stated that after seeing ASADA's bullshit SCNs, that if she was an Essendon player she would accept a 6 month ban, must have forgotten Masters baying for AFL blood from the other side of the border, in the lead up to the tribunal and then the announcement of their decision. To be fair her focus has pretty much purely been on Hird so she might have never actually called for the players to be banned.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Unfortunately Lloyds too fluffy and nice to call her out on this bullshit
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:

"Short of Roy Masters, Caroline Wilson, Tim and Sam Lane sitting on CAS and hearing this case, the same verdict will be returned."

No doubt Caro will have a sook about it on Footy Crappified tonight, might even be enough for the arrow, because you know she never wanted to see the players suspended.
Missed the "Arrow" but she had a sook about it when they first discussed Essendon 2nd issue from the top of the show. Apparently none of Masters, Lane, Lane or herself have ever stated they wanted the players banned. Must have forgotten about when Tim Lane stated Watson Bronwlow had to be stripped because he was a self confessed drug cheat, or when Sam Lane stated that after seeing ASADA's bullshit SCNs, that if she was an Essendon player she would accept a 6 month ban, must have forgotten Masters baying for AFL blood from the other side of the border, in the lead up to the tribunal and then the announcement of their decision. To be fair her focus has pretty much purely been on Hird so she might have never actually called for the players to be banned.
The "best" bit was when she accused Timmy of being subjective, implying that is completely objective (a claim she has expressly made in the past).

Forgetting what we think of what she's written and said over the past two and a bit years, she has mostly written opinion, with little actual reporting. By definition you cannot have an objective opinion. She is either being a c*** (my guess) or she is so lacking in self awareness that she should get her head checked out.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Tim Watson - legend.
Indeed.

Was in good form again today when he played back Vinegar Tits last night. Suffering his lifpping coith, VT said "Tim Watson said Demetriou should be jail."

He of course has never anything like that.....not that we don't all think so. :wink:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Flip wrote:
kelvin_sheedy wrote:Tim Watson - legend.
Indeed.

Was in good form again today when he played back Vinegar Tits last night. Suffering his lifpping coith, VT said "Tim Watson said Demetriou should be jail."

He of course has never anything like that.....not that we don't all think so. :wink:
Hi Grassy...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The issue is that the c*** can spout what she likes, unchallenged. The only person who has had the guts to expose her for the c*** she is was Sam Newman, look what happened to him.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Matthew Lloyd can get f***** too, what sort of bloke lets someone trash talk their 'mate', with outright lies and sits back imitating a mute?
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

bomberdonnie wrote:Matthew Lloyd can get f***** too, what sort of bloke lets someone trash talk their 'mate', with outright lies and sits back imitating a mute?
Some one who might be a tiny bit afraid of loosing their job I suppose. He never has been the kind of bloke to get into the guts of things.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

mdso wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Matthew Lloyd can get f***** too, what sort of bloke lets someone trash talk their 'mate', with outright lies and sits back imitating a mute?
Some one who might be a tiny bit afraid of loosing their job I suppose. He never has been the kind of bloke to get into the guts of things.
Ask Brad Sewell about that.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I have no doubt that there's a degree of scripting going on. He may not have the opportunity we would all like him to take advantage of. He does need to have some short answers up his sleeve that allow him to make a comment...eg, That's interesting Caro! May I ask, how much of your written opinion objective. Can you provide our audience with an example please?
Or...So Sam Lane has good contacts with Asada. Is she their defacto public voice? How can she maintain any objective reporting if she wants to continue to receive an information feed from Asada? How does that work Caro?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
I have no doubt that there's a degree of scripting going on. He may not have the opportunity we would all like him to take advantage of. He does need to have some short answers up his sleeve that allow him to make a comment...eg, That's interesting Caro! May I ask, how much of your written opinion objective. Can you provide our audience with an example please?
Or...So Sam Lane has good contacts with Asada. Is she their defacto public voice? How can she maintain any objective reporting if she wants to continue to receive an information feed from Asada? How does that work Caro?
Lloyd looks like he's shitting himself every time he asks a question.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

F111 wrote:
Can you change your font colour, seriously?
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

ealesy wrote:

He has a very dry sense of humour. If you are not paying attention his digs are easily missed.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

ealesy wrote:

He has a very dry sense of humour. If you are not paying attention his digs are easily missed.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Please read in Bruce Francis's Categories - what's going on. I have passed on more news about what's going on behind the scenes. Thing are happening. Please buy a copy of Chip's book. Well written and explains some things much better than the new we've been getting.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

mdso wrote:
I think 9 would prefer some conflict rather than fire him.

I think he's not bright enough to come back with anything and/or afraid of appearing like the boofhead he is when she gives some BS answer.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.