Carlisle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Carlisle

Post by BenDoolan »

I hope he does go to Carlton. He can f****** rot there for the rest of his career. Don't care what we get for him, just f*** off.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote:I hope he does go to Carlton. He can f****** rot there for the rest of his career. Don't care what we get for him, just f*** off.
This.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

rockhole wrote:
Flip wrote:F**king gutless, Judas......hope the other blokes just ostracise him 100%.

3 Years and a 190, 196 and 200cm walk.....charming. :(
Which begs the question, if we beat the charges in November, on top of everything else, we would have lost 3 key position players for next to f*** all.

Has any sporting team world wide ever been so victimised as EFC.??
Plus 4 first and second round draft picks collectively, a massive fine decided 5 days after THAT presser, missing the Finals, losing our Coach to a Witches of Salem Inquisition type of thing.

Just imagine it..."Oh WADA said you're OK ......sorry about that guys....sorry about bringing your Club and name to your knees"
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

FWIW why are we so upset at Carlisle leaving?

The blokes been offered a better contract elsewhere, so what?

Any of you in here gonna knock back and extra year and a couple of hundred thousand more if a competitor comes knocking for your services?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

If we don't get a good deal during trade week ... time to seek compensation from the AFL ... if krueser is worth an early draft pick (15 brownlow votes over 119 games and 8 seasons) ... compared to CArsisle (AA once, 12 Brownlow votes in 6 seasons and 85 games).

And I do think its in the AFL's interests to put a stop to this walking for no reimbursement - otherwise their free agency rules just look plain dumb.

Special pick please.
Last edited by s'dreams on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

The club is tracking beautifully will all the clean air about.

No coach. No gun CHB. No f****** leadership.
No chance in trade week.
We may be the first club a draftee refuses to play for and sits out the year.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

kelvin_sheedy wrote: We may be the first club a draftee refuses to play for and sits out the year.
Has already happened.... Tim Watson at Freo?
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

s'dreams wrote:If we don't get a good deal during trade week ... time to seek compensation from the AFL ... if krueser is worth an early draft pick (15 brownlow votes over 119 games and 8 seasons) ... compared to CArsisle (AA once, 12 Brownlow votes in 6 seasons and 85 games).

And I do think its in the AFL's interests to put a stop to this walking for no reimbursement - otherwise their free agency rules just look plain dumb.

Special pick please.
carlisle was never AA.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Trade home for a set of used retreads at least we'd get some traction out of them!
It just fell out of the sky
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Plus if they are paying him 750k good luck to them . he is not worth that.

Hooker looked good up front, but with carlisle gone he must move back to defense. We need TBC to regain form so he and Mckernan can rest in the square and have JD at chf.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

s'dreams wrote:
kelvin_sheedy wrote: We may be the first club a draftee refuses to play for and sits out the year.
West Coast
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

boncer34 wrote:FWIW why are we so upset at Carlisle leaving?

Any of you in here gonna knock back and extra year and a couple of hundred thousand more if a competitor comes knocking for your services?
I couldn't agree more. He owes EFC nothing. If anything, he has a right to be annoyed with the club for have a show cause notice slapped on him.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote:FWIW why are we so upset at Carlisle leaving?

I don't give a rat's clacker that he's leaving

I care about what we get in return
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The truth is he may have bucket hands but he is slow as a wet week and a massive sook. I dont see him as a great loss. Pears looked better on Sunday than he has played all year. Lets reinvigorate Tate and not worry about this disloyal prick.

Goodbye.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

MH_Bomber wrote:The truth is he may have bucket hands but he is slow as a wet week and a massive sook. I dont see him as a great loss. Pears looked better on Sunday than he has played all year. Lets reinvigorate Tate and not worry about this disloyal prick.

Goodbye.
Let's not forget he was underdone for the latter part of the season and playing in a team that wasn't really putting in 100%
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

boncer34 wrote:
s'dreams wrote:
West Coast
I'm in fine form today! :oops:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

DC2 wrote:
s'dreams wrote:If we don't get a good deal during trade week ... time to seek compensation from the AFL ... if krueser is worth an early draft pick (15 brownlow votes over 119 games and 8 seasons) ... compared to CArsisle (AA once, 12 Brownlow votes in 6 seasons and 85 games).

Special pick please.
carlisle was never AA.
All Aberfeldie??? Whoops

According to the RAge, Carsisle wants the club to get fair compensation and has ruled out doing a McPhee in the pre-season draft.

One can only hope.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I'm filthy that he wants to go elsewhere. It's his choice, not ours though.

He had genuine talent, just needed to get his head right - was pretty clear he was disinterested at times in 2015. But when he was in position in the backline, he was fantastic for us.

I hold no anger towards him, and I wish him well in his endeavours - but I really hope he doesn't waste his talent at Carlton.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote:
DC2 wrote:

Special pick please.
carlisle was never AA.
All Aberfeldie??? Whoops

According to the RAge, Carsisle wants the club to get fair compensation and has ruled out doing a McPhee in the pre-season draft.

One can only hope.

Of course he's going to say that.

He's also going to claim that Carlton's 3rd pick is "fair compensation "
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Who's taking bets on a bile ridden feature from Caro in the next 24 hours claiming how Carlisle is fleeing the toxic legacy of James Hird?