AFL Match Review Panel - CORRUPT

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

AFL Match Review Panel - CORRUPT

Post by Malky »

Buckley is in the clear.

No charge, no case to answer. Disgraceful.

How much has Eddie paid the AFL to dismiss charges or get penalties reduced for indiscretions throughout the year?

The whole concept of the MRP needs to be thrown out, including the moron ex-players on it, and get people who actually know the rules to get players to abide by them.

Zero consistency = Zero credibility.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Theyre corrupt without a doubt. He might be in another city but he can still extend his stinking influence to try and shaft anyone who stands in the way of him and his stinking maggots. I hope they get flogged on the weekend. Just goes to show, collingfilth think theres one law for them and one for everyone else.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Bastard I was sure he had a case to answer. How the hell did they come up with that?
Bombers till' I die
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

I judged the contact as high, behind play, moderate impact, intentional

That should have given him enough for at least a 2 week suspension.

What about every other player who's been done earlier in the year? Lovett got 3 weeks... 3 WEEKS for the same thing earlier in the year.

For the sake of the law abiding people of this nation...

CARN THE DOGGIES!!!
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

Disgraceful......

I guess a forearm to the head isnt striking? Unless its a player other than Collingwood....
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Realistically, he was never going to get rubbed out because:

1. He plays for Collingwood
2. It's the silly (sillier) season for tribunal hearings
3. He plays for Collingwood
4. He actually made contact to the head (almost guaranteed to get off unless you play for the bombers)
5. He plays for Collingwood
6.Eddie WOULD NOT have been happy
7. He plays for Collingwood
8. The AFL wouldn't want him rubbed out given the lack of finals to be played in Melbourne this year (do I hear the sound of falling revenue?)

So you see, he was always going to get off.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Tell you what, I'd love to be the first in a long, long line of people wanting to give Buckley a jumper punch of my own!

Then see how he likes that treatment!

You'll get your just deserts, Buckley. Don't go crying to Eddie when it happens!!!
solly4me
Top Up Player

Post by solly4me »

It is amazing how when it is a Collingwood player, there is no case to answer!!!
team
Top Up Player

Post by team »

Have to watch On the Couch tonight or White Line Fever tomorrow night when Humprhis-Smith is on. Know nothing about this. Is it in the Barry Hall/Matt McGuire league?
today is not yesterday
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

thats f***** ridiculous! NO WEEKS?

the panel is SO CORRUPT. Lovett gets 3 weeks and Buckley gets nothing for the bloody same thing, RIGGED.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

team wrote:Have to watch On the Couch tonight or White Line Fever tomorrow night when Humprhis-Smith is on. Know nothing about this. Is it in the Barry Hall/Matt McGuire league?
easily mate
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: AFL Match Review Panel - CORRUPT

Post by ealesy »

Malky wrote:
The whole concept of the MRP needs to be thrown out, including the moron ex-players on it.
I think that's the major problem with the system...is that it has past players on the panel.

The problem with this is that most of these guys played at a time where there was a strong code between the players that what happened on the field, stayed on the field and you backed each other at the Tribunal and did not try to get guys rubbed out.

Also these guys played footy in a different era when the sort of things that go before them would not even have been considered as deserving punishment in their playing day, but wheather rightly or wrongly are now against the rules of the game and should be punished.

I think these factor influence the guys on the match review panel to be far more lenient than they ought to be the majority of the time, but are also rather harsh on occasions after copping it in the media for being weak. This result in incidents such as Lovett getting 2 weeks for a less forceful push to the face than Buckley's on the weekend. Or Steve Baker coping 2 weeks for attempting to strike.

Then there is the whole thing that as former players they identify with current players and know how easy it is to lose your cool and do something stupid that you don't mean and get yourself in trouble and miss games for something fairly soft that is technically against the rules.

All this says to me that former players are too close to make objective decisions and should not be on the panel!! Or maybe the panel should just be scrapped altogether.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Nothing compared to Ben Johnson getting to punch Brendon Lade in the head a few eeks back.

Lade had taken the mark, Johnson made no attempt to spoil the "ball" until the mark had actually been completed, and then smacked Lade to the side of the head with a clenched fist.

But of course he's another Collingwood player, so it didn't get replayed 70,000 times, the umpire didn't have the balls to report him on the spot (even though he did pay a 50m against the little shit), and the match review panel didn't have the balls to cite him either.

IT"S F****** RIDICULOUS!!!

Hopefulyl now Channel Eddie have f****** nothing to do with footy from the start of next year, maybe, just maybe the f****** FILTH players will cop the same scrutiny everyone else will!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I've often thought that the best way to do it would be to make a video of all the reports and then send it off to someone in Siberia (or somewhere similar).

That person will have no idea about AFL but will be able to discern whether or not a punch has been thrown etc.

If they say it's a punch (or whatever the charge is), then the person gets rubbed out for a set number of weeks.

This is a bit left field I know but it can't be any worse than the system we have now.

What do you all think?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:I've often thought that the best way to do it would be to make a video of all the reports and then send it off to someone in Siberia (or somewhere similar).

That person will have no idea about AFL but will be able to discern whether or not a punch has been thrown etc.

If they say it's a punch (or whatever the charge is), then the person gets rubbed out for a set number of weeks.

This is a bit left field I know but it can't be any worse than the system we have now.

What do you all think?
Mate we dont need to send it to Siberia to get someone who knows nothing about the AFL.... We could just assemble a panel of journos from The Australian newspaper and imbociles from the AFL headquarters and Roberts your fathers brother!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:
swoodley wrote:I've often thought that the best way to do it would be to make a video of all the reports and then send it off to someone in Siberia (or somewhere similar).

What do you all think?
Mate we dont need to send it to Siberia to get someone who knows nothing about the AFL.... We could just assemble a panel of journos from The Australian newspaper and imbociles from the AFL headquarters and Roberts your fathers brother!!!
But the beauty of someone from Siberia etc is that they have NO exposure at all to the game. The idiots you mention all THINK they know a lot about the game which is a lot different to actually knowing nothing at all about it.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

touche :D
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The Siberia idea has potential. Or maybe we could just send the video to a lunatic asylum and let the inmates decide - it could hardly be worse than the present system!
Filthy

Re: AFL Match Review Panel - CORRUPT

Post by Filthy »

Malky wrote:Buckley is in the clear.

No charge, no case to answer. Disgraceful.

How much has Eddie paid the AFL to dismiss charges or get penalties reduced for indiscretions throughout the year?

The whole concept of the MRP needs to be thrown out, including the moron ex-players on it, and get people who actually know the rules to get players to abide by them.

Zero consistency = Zero credibility.
Malky...with respect mate...you only just work this out!!! :lol:
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Whilst the Pies have had the rub of the green lately....I don't think Buckley should have had a case to answer on that one. Harvey went down like he was driving past a Grassy Knoll

and how in the hell did Solomon get Off scot free ????