Sheeds' interview; on Vinegar Tits and Stevie J's

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Sheeds' interview; on Vinegar Tits and Stevie J's

Post by Flip »

Listen to him after 6.41 mins re Vinegar Tits

And he reckons we should get Stevie J.

http://www.sen.com.au/audio
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Sheeds' interview; on Vinegar Tits and Stevie J's

Post by BenDoolan »

Get Stevie J?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, let's get another 30+ year old to clog up the list.

FMD
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

we need someone who can kick goals. johnson can still do this.

if hes hungry to play still, sign him up to a 1 year deal and plonk him up front as jd needs some help. and with carlisle gone hooker must move back.

how can the list be clogged when will will probable turnover a record amount of players this off-season?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I could handle him replacing stars like Kav etc, to pass on his wisdom to the youngsters, and until something decent comes along.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

DC2 wrote:we need someone who can kick goals. johnson can still do this.

if hes hungry to play still, sign him up to a 1 year deal and plonk him up front as jd needs some help. and with carlisle gone hooker must move back.

how can the list be clogged when will will probable turnover a record amount of players this off-season?
Chappy doesn't ring any bells? Cooney? Let's stop recruiting these has beens and start targeting 25 year olds with some sort of future.
Essendunny
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Excuse me Chappie was great for us for at least the first 12 months...
I say get Stevie J if available too..Would be great to teach our kids in the forward line.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

DC2 wrote:we need someone who can kick goals. johnson can still do this.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:Excuse me Chappie was great for us for at least the first 12 months...
I say get Stevie J if available too..Would be great to teach our kids in the forward line.
LOL
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I can accept recruiting Chapman & Cooney, as at the time it seemed we were capable of being contenders and they may have added that something we needed.
But not now.
No 'premiership window' for us.
So recruiting has to be targetted at players that will be around for our next premiership tilt - whenever that may be. And it won't be next season, so let's look longer term please.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Stevie J....urgh

Say it ain't so
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

nudder12 wrote:I can accept recruiting Chapman & Cooney, as at the time it seemed we were capable of being contenders and they may have added that something we needed.
But not now.
No 'premiership window' for us.
So recruiting has to be targetted at players that will be around for our next premiership tilt - whenever that may be. And it won't be next season, so let's look longer term please.
Yep.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
stryper wrote:Excuse me Chappie was great for us for at least the first 12 months...
LOL
What part of that was LOL worthy Benny?

Chappy was good for the first 12 months. From memory he went 20 touches and a goal a game.

Stevie J would be great to teach our kids. Blokes a dead set genius.

I personally wouldn't do it but his statements certainly weren't LOL worthy.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
LOL
What part of that was LOL worthy Benny?

Chappy was good for the first 12 months. From memory he went 20 touches and a goal a game.

Stevie J would be great to teach our kids. Blokes a dead set genius.

I personally wouldn't do it but his statements certainly weren't LOL worthy.
I'm LOLing because we never learn. We are a club that should be re-named a retirement village. "Teach the kids". They in fact take the spot of a kid in the side. Enough of this fantasy. It never works. Time to look at recruiting players in the age bracket of 22 - 27. And if you can get them younger, it's a bonus.
Essendunny
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

EFC - Retirement village for AFL players. Come on down and get an extended 2 year contract in the twilight of your career.

Fletcher - played 2 years more than he should have so we've had to throw Carlisle forward to accomodate and mess around with out next generation. What happens next, Carlisle leaves and AA Hooker is now a forward.
Winderlich - talked him out of retirement to play a few quarters.
Chapman - Geelong got rid of him, played about 6-8 good games and was found out for run. Was a member of the 2015 plodders.
Cooney - Looked like everything needed.... pace. Broke down more than at the Bulldogs. Thats what happens when you go to club with sub standard medical and fitness department.
Stevie J - Good lord
Stanton - Too slow and not hard enough for modern game. 2 year contract on table.
Goddard - big fat contract. Modern game running right past him. No real position in the team. Elite at pointing
Gwilt - St Kilda discard who is too slow at disposing of the ball. Has the best disposal efficiency of our backline. Says alot about all our other "stars"
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I think Chapman was a good pick-up because we were looking good in 2013 and he was good in 2014. But we're now clearly well off the pace, so 'no' to more old guys.
boncer34 wrote:Stevie J would be great to teach our kids. Blokes a dead set genius.
I'm pretty sure he's a dead set f***wit, but a damn good footballer.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

maybe Stevie can teach our boys some footy smarts.... he alone would have more then our entire team
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:maybe Stevie can teach our boys some footy smarts.... he alone would have more then our entire team

Then hire him as a coach