Carlisle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Carlisle

Post by robrulz5 »

Flip wrote:Sis...sorry but a defense with Hurley and Hooksey is awesome plus the others.

A forward line of JD and hopefully Smack is hopefully awesome with dudes at their feet being fed by a hungry/ruthless midfield.

If a player came to a bench of a team I was part of yelling "this club is f*cked" I would have hoped the Match Committee pissed him off immediately.....it is all about team. In a couple of years it will be Jake "Who"......soft as butter melted.

Club is all.....Sookeylala who?......in 5 years we still remember and revere Coley, the King, Moss, the 80's guys, Hirdy, Hepp etc.......but never him
If you think McKernan is the answer to our CHF problem you are very much mistaken.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote:
Flip wrote:Boncr he is not a massive loss

Hurls or Hooks would be......sookylala is most definitely NOT.
Idiot.

You remember Carlisle in 2012? The next big thing down back? He was AA that year until the ass dropped out of our season. He is that good.

We know have Daniher as a lone forward instead of Carlisle/Hurley down back and Hooker pairing with JD.

Not a massive loss. :lol: I find it hard to believe you watch games, let alone watch them twice.
This. Hooker has really started to show something as a forward. I hate doing player comparisons, but he is a gorilla with a presence that reminds me of Lynch. For the first time in years it looked like we had something that resembled structure with him and JD.

He is also a great defender. But after trying Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker forward, he was the most consistent of the 3.

In 2012 Carlisle tore forwards apart. While he struggled with accuracy, at times this year, his marking was sublime. His one touch grabs simply could not be spoiled. He will be a very good player for the Saints.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sismis wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Idiot.

You remember Carlisle in 2012? The next big thing down back? He was AA that year until the ass dropped out of our season. He is that good.

We know have Daniher as a lone forward instead of Carlisle/Hurley down back and Hooker pairing with JD.

Not a massive loss. :lol: I find it hard to believe you watch games, let alone watch them twice.
This. Hooker has really started to show something as a forward. I hate doing player comparisons, but he is a gorilla with a presence that reminds me of Lynch. For the first time in years it looked like we had something that resembled structure with him and JD.

He is also a great defender. But after trying Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker forward, he was the most consistent of the 3.

In 2012 Carlisle tore forwards apart. While he struggled with accuracy, at times this year, his marking was sublime. His one touch grabs simply could not be spoiled. He will be a very good player for the Saints.
=D>
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

lol.

why is it when you play for essendon you're a gun in the making, or already are. but once they leave there arent any good, flip?

carlisle is a massive loss. with hooker showing real signs up forward carlisle could have gone back permanently and we would of had one of the best spines in the comp. now were missing either a chf or a chb. depends on where they choose to play hooker.

hooker and carlisle were our best 2 marks, hands down. we just lost one.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Carlisle from 2012 is a massive loss. :shock: Carlisle from 2015 won't be missed too much. :roll:

Someone else gets to have a go. :-k

5 lost years of development. :roll:

Tragic really. :evil:
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

DC2 wrote:

lol.

why is it when you play for essendon you're a gun in the making, or already are. but once they leave there arent any good, flip?

carlisle is a massive loss. with hooker showing real signs up forward carlisle could have gone back permanently and we would of had one of the best spines in the comp. now were missing either a chf or a chb. depends on where they choose to play hooker.

hooker and carlisle were our best 2 marks, hands down. we just lost one.
Agree. Carlisle is a gun CHB and will be a great player for the next 8 years.

We'd be in a better position to have him then not unless we win tattslotto at the draft.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Really?

So you if you were a player, would like to have a team mate who:

- Runs up to I/C bench screaming "this Club is F*cked".

- Tells his opposition players the same thing.

- Has zero 2nd effort.

- And has the brains of a gnat sending out a "instagram" of having a snort.

- Finished once in the top 10 of the B&F in 5 years.....Hepp hasn't been out of it in the same period of time.

If pointing that out is a sin here.....FFS.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I think you're placing too much emphasis on this year Filthy. The majority of playing group was shithouse this year. They had poor body language, and 2nd efforts weren't in abundance.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Flip wrote:Really?

- Has zero 2nd effort.

- Finished once in the top 10 of the B&F in 5 years.....Hepp hasn't been out of it in the same period of time.

He is a massive loss.

MASSIVE.

Spin it however you want but you yourself said you'd rather he stayed.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

- Has zero 2nd effort.

Yes his attitude this year sucked. I suggest there were a few mitigating factors.

No it wasn't the wisest decision to snap chat his mates but it is not as bad as assault (Hurley/Hibbard)

He is one of about 4 players who have been in contention for AA over the last few years, straight after he was moved forward. I'd suggest that may have impacted his B&F.

He averages more tackles than your replacement Smack, despite not playing in the midfield. His 2nd efforts are fine for someone who is 200 cm.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

- Has zero 2nd effort.

Essendunny
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

He is a top 3 pick if we had of left him at chb. Sort of talent you don't want leaving the club.

That being said. Pick 5 and Craig Bird whose a good pick up is good return.
RexInMunich
Top Up Player

Post by RexInMunich »

F111 wrote:Carlisle from 2012 is a massive loss. :shock: Carlisle from 2015 won't be missed too much. :roll:
Sums it up perfectly for me
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Thanks for the vids Ben - mind blowing stuff and he really did lay his body on the line for the red and black. But had to pinch myself to recognise the same Carslile. Body language completely changed by 2015. So what was the trigger that tipped him over? Other things too, besides ASADA? And I don't mean JB. That came when he was already gone. Hope the Aints have got a good psychiatrist!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

To be honest the Paddy Ryder stuff pushed Jake on the outer as well.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Great vids Ben.

Too bad they had nothing to do with his actions in 2015 which is all my post was about.

Yes he can be a great player, but this year, nup.

In any event I can't remember him ever being consistently great like Hurls and Hooks are just about every week under consistently extreme duress.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote:To be honest the Paddy Ryder stuff pushed Jake on the outer as well.
Part of a 3some?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Flip wrote: - Finished once in the top 10 of the B&F in 5 years.....Hepp hasn't been out of it in the same period of time.

Not many key position players finish high in B&F awards any more. Hooker and Hurley the obvious exceptions this year.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Flip wrote:Great vids Ben.

Too bad they had nothing to do with his actions in 2015 which is all my post was about.

Yes he can be a great player, but this year, nup.

In any event I can't remember him ever being consistently great like Hurls and Hooks are just about every week under consistently extreme duress.
Well then I guess you'd be happy to see the back of 3/4 of our team.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote:To be honest the Paddy Ryder stuff pushed Jake on the outer as well.
Seeing Ryder and Crameri in those vids as well. f*** we have lost some talent in the last couple of years. Not the exodus some were predicting, but we have copped it.