David Hille

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

David Hille

Post by F111 »

Hille has hardly rated a mention in the numerous posts, including the intraclub games and the All Stars.

Laycock seems to be the one people are talking about.

If Laycock stays fit and plays more ruck, how d'ya y'all think Hille will be used this year?

He is very good at going forward but this year we may have a big three pronged attack down there.

The back end is bolstered by MM and Fletch moving to CHB. Will he have a defensive role, much like what Salmon frequently did in his return year?
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Mate, all I know is that injury's permitting we are going to have a seriously big, strong and fast team this year and anyone playing us will be sore for days. :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hille will go from being the 6th best ruckman in the league to a Top 3 Ruck

Still our no.1 option
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He is easily our best ruckman. He'll be dangerous in a forward pocket when "resting."
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hille will go from being the 6th best ruckman in the league to a Top 3 Ruck

Still our no.1 option
just as he said.
Red and Black Forever
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I would like to see how he goes without the burden of captaincy on his shoulders this time. A lot of supporters dont rate him, I am still reserving my judgement on his tap work.

I think around the ground he is a very very good player. He is basically a mountain midfielder, but his tap work still has a long way to go to be top 3. People say ruckmen mature later but what about Cox and Sandilands?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:I would like to see how he goes without the burden of captaincy on his shoulders this time. A lot of supporters dont rate him, I am still reserving my judgement on his tap work.

I think around the ground he is a very very good player. He is basically a mountain midfielder, but his tap work still has a long way to go to be top 3. People say ruckmen mature later but what about Cox and Sandilands?
Cox and Sandilands were both non-entities until they turned 24 or so (Cox was nothing special until 2005 and Sandilands was only ordinary until last year, and they were born in 1981 and 1982 respectively). Hille's about the same age as Cox, so hopefully he can start improving soon.

I agree about Hille's tap-work in that it's only mediocre at the moment, but i think it's gradually improving.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I hope it keeps improving. If gets that right, we will be a very good team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!