Hams and Gleeson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Hams and Gleeson

Post by Windy_Hill »

I gave Gleeson a serve a week or so ago but I feel I should acknowledge his steady showing against the Tigers. Not a lot of the ball but was composed and effective when he did have it.

Worth watching closely for the rest of the season.

I have to say Will Hams did a couple of things today that oozed class. Tackled ferociously and moved really well in heavy traffic. Still only 11 games into his career and certainly another to watch for the remainder of the season
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hams and Gleeson

Post by Gimps »

Gleeson is safe.

Hams a sneaky chance of getting upgraded next year.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Hams was really good today. Earnt his spot. Hopefully he keeps it up.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I liked Hams today too. He's ferocious at the ball for a little fella. Gleeson looks bigger.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Been burnt too many times by Gleeson so I'll reserve judgement, although admittedly today was one of his better games.
Hams is getting back to his best from a couple of years ago, before injuries, and looks a prospect.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sanderson comping Hams with Sloane!!

Big call but in flashes, I can see the similarity. Hope he gets through the remaining games injury free.

I have always wondered why the coaching panels over the last 3 years have persisted with the kid. Maybe they see something special that we are only just starting to see
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Sloane was averaging 20+ touches at 22 years of age.

Hams is struggling to get a game with 12 out and is touching it 13 times. The only comparison is looks at the moment.

If we can somehow get the fitness staff to put some weight and power into this kid than he may have an AFL career as he's got the right ticker.

One of the biggest criticisms of our list management the past 10 years is we've held on to guys too long.

Gleeson has some good attributes but is another that needs to put on size and get some core strength. We seem to have too many lightweights who can't put on weight.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Sloane was averaging 20+ touches at 22 years of age.

Hams is struggling to get a game with 12 out and is touching it 13 times. The only comparison is looks at the moment.

If we can somehow get the fitness staff to put some weight and power into this kid than he may have an AFL career as he's got the right ticker.

One of the biggest criticisms of our list management the past 10 years is we've held on to guys too long.

Gleeson has some good attributes but is another that needs to put on size and get some core strength. We seem to have too many lightweights who can't put on weight.
they are both light in the skills department too. neither are particularly good users of the ball and they have no pace to make up for their lack of size either.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I've really liked Hams the last two weeks. The Age had him as our second best player yesterday.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.