Scum's Dirty Tricks??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Scum's Dirty Tricks??

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Report from todays Herald Sun:

"But conspiracy theorists wondered about Carlton doing a puzzling pick swap with Hawthorn — giving up a future second-round pick for selections 48, 66 and 70 — that rescued the Hawks’ bid for Jaeger O’Meara."

I know there is no love lost between the Bombers & the scum & whorethorn, but this unusual deal yesterday between these turd clubs reeks of conspiracy. Because they know that O'Meara could have / probably would have gone to Esssendon if their grubby deal didn't proceed.

Maybe i'm being paranoid but silvagni & his soft cock mates at scumland would do anything to thwart the Bombers at every opportunity.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Scum's Dirty Tricks??

Post by BenDoolan »

Of course. Flog Bolton helping out his old mate Clarkson had a lot to do with it too. Wonder what their supporters think of giving up a 2nd round pick for 3 shit picks...
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I was talking to my Scum supporting mate last night and said I was happy they made Gibbs stay as I'm over players with contracts demanding trades but they undid all there good work by helping Hawthorn out. Why any club would want to help them out is beyond me.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BERT wrote:I was talking to my Scum supporting mate last night and said I was happy they made Gibbs stay as I'm over players with contracts demanding trades but they undid all there good work by helping Hawthorn out. Why any club would want to help them out is beyond me.
If that chirpy little c*** wasn't coaching them it would never have happened
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Carlton's late picks will move up the order a bit, between academy picks, father/son picks, rookie upgrades and clubs passing. If we look at what we took to the draft last year, right before the draft (once we knew how many picks each club could take in) vs. where those picks actually ended up in the draft and who we picked;

Pick before draft Pick during draft Live picks Player
4 5 4th Darcy Parish
5 6 5th Aaron Francis
24 29 23rd Alex Morgan
25 30 24th Mason Redman
56 54 45th Mitch Brown
73 64 55th Yestin Eades
82 68 59th Michael Hartley
86 rookie upgrade Shaun McKernan

I think this is why a lot of late picks are starting to be swapped around... they've basically eliminated half the second/third rounds of the draft with bidding picks and everything else is more valuable as a result.

I can see why 48, 66 and 70 would be worthwhile to Carlton, even if I don't necessarily agree with their list strategy.

Full disclosure not my post but can give some insight. Table didn't copy in format, meh.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Bolton only too happy to help his mate Clarko out, and SOS probably only too happy to do the deal as well as payback for bidding on Jack in the National Draft last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks send an equally disparate trade back to the Blues next year as payback.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ealesy wrote:Bolton only too happy to help his mate Clarko out, and SOS probably only too happy to do the deal as well as payback for bidding on Jack in the National Draft last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks send an equally disparate trade back to the Blues next year as payback.
Considering Dodoro and Silvagni are actually great mates and SOS was openly laughing at Dodoro's cheeky bid I strongly doubt that is the case.

Dodoro actually jokingly told SOS he was going to do it at dinner the night before the draft.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

boncer34 wrote:
ealesy wrote:Bolton only too happy to help his mate Clarko out, and SOS probably only too happy to do the deal as well as payback for bidding on Jack in the National Draft last year.

Considering Dodoro and Silvagni are actually great mates and SOS was openly laughing at Dodoro's cheeky bid I strongly doubt that is the case.

Dodoro actually jokingly told SOS he was going to do it at dinner the night before the draft.
Fair enough then, has Dodoro ever asked him if he realises he can recruit players from clubs other than GWS?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ealesy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Fair enough then, has Dodoro ever asked him if he realises he can recruit players from clubs other than GWS?
He might have mentioned it. :lol:
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:Of course. Flog Bolton helping out his old mate Clarkson had a lot to do with it too. Wonder what their supporters think of giving up a 2nd round pick for 3 shit picks...
Favours for favours - both will probably work for the AFL in the future.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

mdso wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Of course. Flog Bolton helping out his old mate Clarkson had a lot to do with it too. Wonder what their supporters think of giving up a 2nd round pick for 3 shit picks...
Favours for favours - both will probably work for the AFL in the future.
I thought they already did :roll:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:
BERT wrote:I was talking to my Scum supporting mate last night and said I was happy they made Gibbs stay as I'm over players with contracts demanding trades but they undid all there good work by helping Hawthorn out. Why any club would want to help them out is beyond me.
Your use of the word c*** has been outstanding in recent times!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Your use of the word c*** has been outstanding in recent times!
I think I need a chill pill

lol
Essendunny