Mark F***ING Bolton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Megan wrote:Robrulz - no. NO shooting anyone :wink:
Could we at least send him off to Carlton? :lol:
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Daisy..1 wrote:....Can we filter dodge in here :lol:
why do I get Filtered and Robbie gets off scot free :wink:

how are you Daise :lol:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Honestly he has been ok this year.

He has had a better year than McPhee and Solomon. Both of them two should be ashamed of their efforts this year. The only difference between the to is that McPhee is younger.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Very good point.

However, he hasn't been awesome. I think he's probably been closer to his normal standard than they have theirs, but the team has been awful.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Honestly he has been ok this year.

He has had a better year than McPhee and Solomon. Both of them two should be ashamed of their efforts this year. The only difference between the to is that McPhee is younger.
And McPhee doesn't go out and get shitfaced after a match and intermittently exercise his discretion as to what is a team commitment and what isn't.

Yes, to those who are wondering, i have it in for Solomon in a big way.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The other difference is that McPhee is carrying an injury.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Staggy wrote:

The other difference is that McPhee is carrying an injury.
And the second differance is that McPhee hasnt played like a pile of shit for 10 years.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He led the team off the ground tonight. They are teasing me arent they? The EFC are f***ing with my mind.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:He led the team off the ground tonight. They are teasing me arent they? The EFC are f***ing with my mind.
it was WELL noted in the GS.....
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

wont be on the list next year

deep breaths robbie - and repeat to yourself "calm blue ocean" :wink:
Stealth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Stealth Bomber »

One of the better seasons of his career, sure. But what are we comparing it to?

If this season was the absolute best he could give, after 9 seasons and 117 games, then is his place in the side necessary? There's no potential there anymore. He's as good as he's going to get.

Sure, we'd all probably give him more slack if he'd come in drafted at #58 with no hype.
No longer ambivalent about Mark Bolton.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Stealth Bomber wrote:One of the better seasons of his career, sure. But what are we comparing it to?

If this season was the absolute best he could give, after 9 seasons and 117 games, then is his place in the side necessary? There's no potential there anymore. He's as good as he's going to get.

Sure, we'd all probably give him more slack if he'd come in drafted at #58 with no hype.
Not sure he would have got 10 season's performing the way he has if he was a lower draft pick. I think the fat he was a high draft pick was the reason the club persisted and hoped he'd deliver on the potential they thought he had.

Definately think his time has come and the fact that he led the team off indicates that he and the group already knew.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

9 seasons... so is he one short of life membership with the club? I bloody well hope noone gets senitmental on me if that's the case. Trade him and get what we can for the guy.... that or delist him and pick up some talent.

Waste of a draft pick... and a #4 pick at that.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Blumfield got traded after 9 seasons (just after he had signed a two year contract with us), so I don't think that type of sentiment is around.

Bolton has not been our worst player at all this year, but I think it's certain he'll be shopped around. He's also uncontracted so he can't say no this year to a trade, like he did last year, cause he might end up out on his ear trying to find a VFL club to play for.

St.Kilda are about to lose some experience, Maguire would surely be underdone come round one, if he's able to start at all. Collingwood has Wakelin getting old and a couple of boys out of favour such as Jason Cloke.

A player like Bolton might fit into a side like that for a second or third round pick.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I would snap up a 3rd round pick for him is possible.

If not a young 21/22 year old unproven player would still be a winning situation for us.

Think of guys like Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, Jobe Watson, Cheynee Stiller...all these guys were fringe players before this year.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

bombercol wrote:Blumfield got traded after 9 seasons (just after he had signed a two year contract with us), so I don't think that type of sentiment is around.
Yes, but that was Blumfield. We're talking about Bolton! :P
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
cutdowninprime
Top Up Player

Post by cutdowninprime »

Blumfield 9 seasons? I dont think so. He came to the club in 1995 i believe and was traded in 2002, thats 7 seasons.